Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any of you Howland critics listen to the Dawgtalk show?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DogsofAnarchy View Post
    A lot of the discontent is done by design. I have tried to tell Bulldogs on here and other sites that OM has a “planned” attack to spread rumors and discontent because they see MSU has more potential than they have. That is a real threat and they take counter espionage very serious. This should be a Bulldog site only and get rid of the discontent. I don’t mean varying opinions should not be heard. I mean negative demeaning, disrupting posts should be dealt with.
    The obvious Rebels are banned like always but Bulldog fans have a right to bitch in this world just like every fanbase does and this site is exactly that place to do it in so we aren't on twitter or Facebook or out in public doing it. Some of you don't seem to understand that people need an avenue to get their frustrations out. This is exactly the correct place for it. If a coach is having a shitty season he shouldn't seek out this site or others like it to read about himself and they should be smart enough to realize that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    You just said we weren't better- so which is it?

We shot 52% from 2 and got alot better shots in the paint. Most people that have watched a basketball game could see we were much better in the halfcourt O with Holman at the 5
    We were better in transition but not in half court. You know what I said. We were better overall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MCsMGs View Post
    You mean that "bad" OM team that handed Florida it's first SEC loss of the season and missed beating an aTm team by one shot(that hit the bottom of the rim and popped out) on the road. A team(aTm) that most pundits say will make a deep run in the tourney. The same bad OM team that hasn't lost a SEC game at home yet this year?

You are right that we should have won that game, but we didn't lose it because Howland didn't know they would play a 1-3-1 zone or that he doesn't know what a team has to do to score against that zone.
    That was A&M?s 1st SEC win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    The obvious Rebels are banned like always but Bulldog fans have a right to bitch in this world just like every fanbase does and this site is exactly that place to do it in so we aren't on twitter or Facebook or out in public doing it. Some of you don't seem to understand that people need an avenue to get their frustrations out. This is exactly the correct place for it. If a coach is having a shitty season he shouldn't seek out this site or others like it to read about himself and they should be smart enough to realize that.
    I get that...but doesn't the cliche' of "never go full retard" apply at some point?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    That was A&M?s 1st SEC win.
    So, would you take the position that A&M is a bad team?

vCash
    So, would you take the position that A&M is a bad team?
    So far in the SEC they have been.

Banned
    vCash
    I get that...but doesn't the cliche' of "never go full retard" apply at some point?
    Absolutely and lay into the poster that leaves the reservation when they do. That's how you stop it if you don't like what you read. Blanket statements do nothing. Dust off your boxing gloves and get at it. We all enjoy a juicy fight.

Banned
    vCash
    The only thing I know with 100% certainty is that we've sucked for a long time and we still do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    The only thing I know with 100% certainty is that we've sucked for a long time and we still do.
    LOL!!! That was almost good enough to earn rep points.

Banned
    vCash
    You always add so much to basketball threads Bully13. Keep winning buddy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I?m not ready to give up on this team yet. Our next 7 games are against Top 50 RPI opponents. We?ve got a chance to right the ship now during this stretch.

And for those of you playing at home, 3 of our 4 losses were to Top 40 RPI teams. And we had double digit leads in 2 of those in the 2nd half. So let?s not act like we stuck. We?ve blown two good opportunities. Got a chance to redeem both of them.
    totally agree. it's great to see a competitive team out there for us again. next step is win those close games and avoid the late fades. we're getting there.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    I mention it every time I make a comment about basketball....that I don't know shat about the x's and o's of it, but I do know effort when I see or don't see it, and too many times on the offensive side it seems like we're moving at 3/4 speed most of the time. I don't know if it's laziness or a lack of knowing what to do, or just what. But when I watch a game like West Va. vs. Kansas, it's like watching a track meet compared to watching one of our games. And I'm not just talking about fast breaks, I'm talking half court offense. I see players running to spots, not jogging to them. I see guys making crisp, forceful passes, not lobs across the court. That is what these untrained eyes see as the difference in our game versus other teams.

As to improvement, I think we've improved a great deal under Howland. You also have to acknowledge that the league as a whole has improved over the past 3 years as well. It's not like we're improving and the rest of the league is standing still. They have improved as well. I'm still excited to see what the future brings. We are adding a few more pieces next year as well as having everyone back a year older. I still say we'll get there. Maybe my un-expert ass doesn't know crap about basketball and I'm just naive and a sheep. If so, I'd rather be like that than bitching about it all the time. I am expert enough to know that's not going to make it any better. It'll be interesting to come back in a couple of years and reread some of these threads and see who does actually know what they are talking about.

vCash
    All I have to say to those of you who said we looked bad in our halfcourt offense is 20 assists to 4 turnovers. If we were bad in our halfcourt offense, I sure didn’t see it and if we were bad the stats would have looked a lot different then the ones I stated.

Banned
    vCash
    Really can't argue against a 5 to 1 assist/turnover margin for a team. Only 4 turnovers is a sick stat. Doubtful thats happened many times if any at MSU before.

vCash
    Thanks, still cannot find it. There is no titled "Dawgtalk" at that location.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyDawg13 View Post
    Thanks, still cannot find it. There is no titled "Dawgtalk" at that location.
    Try this link...
    http://hailstate.com/watch/?Live=1317&type=Live
    using this link, you still need to click the "on demand" button.

From the hailstate main page, place cursor on the "watch/listen/connect" and a drop down should appear. Under the "listen" column, click on the "Hailstate Plus(live audio). There will be a button in the middle of the page under the screen showing the next live event that says "on demand". Click on that and a list of replays you can listen to will show up.
    Last edited by MCsMGs; 01-19-2018 at 10:33 AM.

vCash
    Give the guy some time he is the most proven coach State has probably ever hired in any sport. He is a "big" name so to speak. The guy didn't just forget how to coach basketball. We get to next year or the year after and are still seeing the same issues then we can hit the panic button. Last I checked we are 14-4 and have been in/had a chance to win a couple of games we lost.

I'll admit I haven't watched a ton of basketball since Stans left but have started watching more and more since Howland got here and we are slowly improving. Can't help that some big name recruits turned out to be busts and it wasn't like we were signing KY type classes. There is a huge difference in the top 5-10 prospects and the rest. The rest need to develop. If any of you have watched AAU basketball it is a joke all about scoring and flash and very little defense is played. Basketball can be streaky just like baseball if not more so. This team has some pieces that we could get hot and go on a tear, look up and get to 20 wins. Don't throw the towel in on them yet.

Yes, we have had some ugly games we should have won but that is going to happen. The entire SEC is improving which overall is good for us and the league. Just have to keep on taking it one step at a time.

Nobody had a problem giving Mullen time to fix Croom's disaster why the rush on Howland fixing Ray's disaster? We will finish better this year than last and be much improved next year. They are close.

Banned
    vCash
    The team Mullen fielded year 1 was a total 180 from crooms last year. Howland has not shown one ounce of ability to get us close to where stans had us when the hump used to rock. Wake me up once he appears to give a damn.

vCash
    I don't watch every game; I prefer the NBA to college ball- but I do watch most State games. The one thing you can't say (although people here do) is that they dont play with effort. You aren't 18th in the country in Def efficiency (25 in scoring D) by playing without great effort. I realize a soft OOC sched boosts that to a degree, but the fact is our guys play well on that side of the floor. And unless you are one of the better teams in the country (hint: we are not that), putting that much emphasis and effort on the defensive side of the ball will hurt your offense.

Still, I find it hard to really get into State games given our recent years' failures. Hopefully, we can finish this year strong and make a little run to springboard us into a legitimate tourney team from start to finish next year.

Banned
    vCash
    The team Mullen fielded year 1 was a total 180 from crooms last year. Howland has not shown one ounce of ability to get us close to where stans had us when the hump used to rock. Wake me up once he appears to give a damn.
    Howland's current RPI after 2 1/2 years isn't far off from Stans at the end of year 14. Mullen at least had a couple NFL players Croom left him when he started. Howland took over a total dumpster fire with guys not even good enough to play in Slovakian basketball leagues.