Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any of you Howland critics listen to the Dawgtalk show?

vCash

Any of you Howland critics listen to the Dawgtalk show?

Or listen to any of his post game pressers?

If not, you should try it sometime. It may change the perspective of many of the comments that get posted.

vCash
    Did he say he has been reading the ED gamethreads and will be using our ideas?

vCash
    He?s very well spoken and knows the game well. I?m hoping he can get us right.

vCash
    He is a good coach that just needs a little time but in today’s society of instant gratification, idiots who never played or coached think they know better than a guy who has been to the FINAL DAMN 4 multiple times. Spare my ass. Some people on this board need to shut up and be supportive. They do WAY more harm than good by breeding discontent.
    Last edited by DogsofAnarchy; 01-17-2018 at 10:18 PM.
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DogsofAnarchy View Post
    He is a good coach that just needs a little time but in today?s society of instant gratification, idiots who never played or coached think they know better than a guy who has been to the FINAL DAMN 4 multiple times. Spare my ass. Some people on this board need to shut up and be supportive. They do WAY more harm than good by breeding discontent.
    Nailed it...rep given.

vCash
    Did Howland talk about changing up practice regarding shooting? Because it has been reported that he did.

Not many of us have said that Howland sucks as a coach, just question some of the decisions. I’ve wondered why Holman wasn’t given enough minutes. And the obvious 3 pt and Free throw % were both inexplainable.

vCash
    I guess Howland needs more time to adapt to the job here, as well as changes to the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Did Howland talk about changing up practice regarding shooting? Because it has been reported that he did.

Not many of us have said that Howland sucks as a coach, just question some of the decisions. I’ve wondered why Holman wasn’t given enough minutes. And the obvious 3 pt and Free throw % were both inexplainable.
    He did and has been talking about all the issues that some here seem to think he is oblivious to. If someone doesn't want to spend the time to be informed, they really shouldn't be spouting crap that they don't know anything about. As DOA pointed out, it doesn't contribute anything to the program and makes the poster sound foolish.

vCash
    Talk is cheap. Sly Croom talked a real good game. See where that got us.

vCash
    It’s really not about bashing or not bashing Howland but it is 100% about for the 3rd year in a row, we have an average to below average basketball team that has little to no chance of dancing.

vCash

Holman has asthmatic condition that limits his minutes...

Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post

Not many of us have said that Howland sucks as a coach, just question some of the decisions. I?ve wondered why Holman wasn?t given enough minutes. And the obvious 3 pt and Free throw % were both inexplainable.

He seems to have improved his conditioning some, but that is why his minutes are often cut short. He has trouble going hard for extended periods.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by biggun View Post
    It?s really not about bashing or not bashing Howland but it is 100% about for the 3rd year in a row, we have an average to below average basketball team that has little to no chance of dancing.
    Again, if you don't understand basketball or the situation, you probably shouldn't comment on it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Drugdog View Post
    Irrelevant comparisons are cheap too...how many teams did Croom coach to top 4 national rankings?

vCash
    I too believe Howland is a good coach but I can’t figure out why then we have church league basketball caliber ball movement and look clunkier than Matt Luke running a 40 when we play offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I too believe Howland is a good coach but I can’t figure out why then we have church league basketball caliber ball movement and look clunkier than Matt Luke running a 40 when we play offense.
    I think it's on and off. Sometimes the offense looks great, and other times it's like you said. It's just inconsistent. I think it will look smoother the longer they play together.

vCash
    Yep. His piddly ass salary really puts constraints on his ability to function at an optimal level. Damn, would some of you nimrods give me a 17ing break!

Banned
    vCash
    My issue with Howland (who I like very much) is his temperament during the game. I had the same issue with Don Muffin. I am a firm believer in a coach fighting for his team and fighting for a player to get the best outta themselves during the games. This means I want them getting on the players when they are doing stupid shit an I want them getting on the refs when they are getting hosed by calls. Like Saban does. The players don't like it but they like the end results. The refs don't like it but they are way less likely to **** you over when you make them officiate you fairly. Howland should have gotten thrown out vs Florida the officiating was so one-sided. Howland is just a very nice man all the time. That's a great quality for life but it isn't ideal for coaching during a game or practices imo. I grew up on Bobby Knight basketball though so it's just what I believe in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Drugdog View Post
    Sly blamed us remember? Howland hasn’t once had a negative thing to say about us.. If you listen to him for a minut, he knows what the team needs to improve on and what they do well, it’s just getting his desired improvements that are taking a little time.
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Moved the ball pretty good Monday night, Gun.

vCash
    I’m not ready to give up on this team yet. Our next 7 games are against Top 50 RPI opponents. We’ve got a chance to right the ship now during this stretch.

And for those of you playing at home, 3 of our 4 losses were to Top 40 RPI teams. And we had double digit leads in 2 of those in the 2nd half. So let’s not act like we stuck. We’ve blown two good opportunities. Got a chance to redeem both of them.