Quote Originally Posted by MCsMGs View Post
Let's circle this conversation back to the original point...

I certainly don't disagree with many of the comments or criticisms of how the team has played at various times this season so far. The reality is that Howland doesn't either. If you listen to his pressers, post game discussions with Richard Williams, Dawgtalk or even his on court coaching, you would know that he is focused on the issues that face this team. He constantly points out the poor/lazy passing, poor or no off ball movement, poor shot selection, not working the ball inside, poor timing and lack of patience on ball rotation to break down zones and the consequences of each of them. He also points out and contrasts the results when we do those things effectively.

I get as pissed as anybody when we get lazy and decide to take a few plays off that lead to losses like Ole Miss and Auburn, but it is salt in a wound when I have to listen to crap like "has Howland ever seen a 1-3-1 zone" or "Howland is too old" or "Howland don't care" or "the game has passed him by" or "we suck" or "Stansbury woulda..." and all the other nonsense that frequents discussion(if you can call it that) of our basketball program. To me, it's like taking a dump on the floor of your own kitchen. I'm not na?ve about the reality that it is de rigueur in the cyber world to be an anonymous choreographer of crapola, but please pardon me when I point out that crap for what it is...
My issue is this. Teaching guys to throw crisp passes isn't hard. It is harder to teach them where to pass if they haven't been taught before and/or have a low natural basketball IQ.

But he has a deep roster and thus can use the bench to teach these things. We played a patsy non-conference schedule and i would have loved to have seem him sit guys for lazy passes and call that out in the presser when asked when guys sit. My problem is there has been zero improvement in this all year. We throw passes softer than any other team I see and our off the ball "cut" are way slower and our pick setting and use of picks is still awful.

My main problem isn't necessarily that we're bad at things. It's that most of these guys have been bad at these things for 2 years with absolutely no improvement. So while you may complain about it all day in a presser, doesn't seem like much time is spent on practicing it.