Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will Sammon Article On Coaching Staff

vCash
    Friedman on paper is better than elliott but i want to give him a shot out for him game calling in the bowl game, which I thought was really, really good

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Well, you just said you highly doubt Shoop will be as bad as Sirmon. I mean, that is basically not saying anything at all.
    Shoop's suck ass Tennessee defense was better than what Sirmon "coached" - using that word loosely - in 2016. A nutless monkey with short term memory lose could coach this defense next season and make it work.

vCash
    Not being a smart ass but qb coach Friedman is actually named Andrew breiner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shake 'n Bake View Post
    Not being a smart ass but qb coach Friedman is actually named Andrew breiner.
    I was wondering when someone was gonna say it

vCash
    Being named one of the top up and comers in 2015 doesnt mean shit esp when you dont produce after being on that list.

I get it and see the excuses why UT didnt work, but the fact is he hasnt been as good without Brent Pry. We shall see. He has the most talent on D we have had since 2010

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Well, you just said you highly doubt Shoop will be as bad as Sirmon. I mean, that is basically not saying anything at all.
    Not even Carl Torbush was as bad as Sirmon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    2015 top assistant coaches on the rise... Brian Shoop.
    This isn?t just some random guy.
    Check out that list.

This is a very good DC
    Hope you are correct that he is very good but right now, IMO, Shoop is the biggest question mark on the staff. Having 2 really bad defenses in a row at TN leaves a lot of questions no matter how much of it may actually be Butch Jones' fault. Grantham has never had a defense finish out of the Top 50 at any school where he's been a DC. Shoop just had two in a row finish WELL below that threshold.

vCash
    Gonzales was such a disappointment. I was really excited about him joining the staff but he was extremely lazy in recruiting and developing.