Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saban, Freeze & The Tuscaloosa News....

vCash

Saban, Freeze & The Tuscaloosa News....

https://www.tidesports.com/latest-al...oaching-staff/

Freeze attack
    Earlier this week, I reported that former Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze had been in Tuscaloosa and at UA to meet with Saban. Saban respects Freeze’s offensive mind, and given the fact Ole Miss gave Alabama fits during Freeze’s tenure it’s easy to see why. So what would Freeze’s role be if Saban hired him? It’s a great question and one that, as of Tuesday morning, hadn’t been settled upon yet. Saban is really pushing for Freeze to be an on-the-field coach, The Tuscaloosa News has learned. Others in the program don’t want that happening. How much autonomy Saban has in this particular situation is unknown given Freeze’s recent history with the NCAA. Another aspect to this is that should Alabama decided to hire Freeze as an on-the-field coach, it would likely need the blessing of SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey. Sankey isn’t keen on that happening, The Tuscaloosa News has learned. At the moment, Mike Locksley appears to be in good position to land the offensive coordinator job, but nothing is certain. Normally the offensive coordinator works with the quarterbacks. Locksley is currently the wide receivers coach. As you can see, there are lots of moving parts at the moment and that speaks to how much Saban wants to or is open to shaking up the staff. Chris Weinke could be a candidate to coach wide receivers or quarterbacks should he get an on-the-field position. Freeze could do either, too, if he gets the nod. Freeze could also end up as an analyst, which is what most people are speculating as the most likely result. Again, right now things are moving quickly and nothing is decided.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    I have some OM friends that swore that Bama was behind the NCAA sniffing around cuz they beat em two years in a row.... If Freeze ends up at Bama, they will cry a bucket of tears. I kind of wish it would happen for this reason only. Bama is gonna Bama no matter if Freeze is the OC or not.

vCash
    I'm picturing bucky and saban on the sideline after bucky calling 50 bubble screens and costing them a game and this happening:

Banned
    vCash
    Do. Not. Want.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Token Bammer View Post
    Do. Not. Want.
    You're a wise man. It's honestly hard to believe saban wanting him.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    You're a wise man. It's honestly hard to believe saban wanting him.
    It's honestly disappointing. Jmo

vCash
    Yeah it doesn't really add up. Saban could have the pick of the litter, so to speak, and he want's freeze? Kinda odd.

vCash
    Ditto... I hope it doesn't happen and I hope it's not a big deal to MDL...

No.

vCash
    This could blow up in Saban's face.

vCash
    freeze will be bama's coach in waiting lol!

vCash
    If Saban really wants Freeze, I'm sure he will hire him. Whatever Saban wants at Alabama, I'm sure he will get. After all, the NCAA really didn't hit Ole Miss and Freeze too hard, despite all the rules and ethical violations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    This could blow up in Saban's face.
    I don't think a hire of Freeze would, but, if (for some reason) Saban wants Freeze, and doesn't get him, that might cause a "blow up"...

No.

vCash
    You people taking the “high moral tone” about Freeze is hilarious! The NCAA has all but said that they don’t care. Commissioner Stankey is absolutely to weak to give a tinkers damn. If I’m Bama I make the hire, because in reality the NCAA has created this monster by saying Hugh Baby did nothing wrong. Now we all know he did but when the NCAA elected not to do anything about it, then that’s the rules we ALL play by now. Wild Wild West...anything goes.
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

vCash
    Who gives a shit? I don't.

Banned
    vCash
    The NCAA is a joke

Would like to see a it happen just lol at those paid for 17s.

vCash
    Saban wants AJ really bad. Everybody outside of Oxford and Bristol knows how Bana lost those games. 1st one was on Kiffen and/or Saban by abandoning the running game at the beginning of the 3rd QTR. Bama was getting ready to get 21 points and they start passing. 2nd one 5 turnovers around your own 20 yardline and a fluke play your gonna lose everytime..

vCash
    Saban set the whole thing up with the NCAA just to get Hugh Freeze as his OC.**

Nick Saban's chess pieces are real people!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    freeze will be bama's coach in waiting lol!
    He will for sure look for anyway to play both sides of anything with Saban and Bama. A certain SEC coach didn't call him a "backstabbing little shit" for no reason.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Do. Not. Want.
    It could end up being Saban's first misstep as Bama head coach.

vCash
    I'm not trying to be snarky but why would Saban respect Freeze's offensive mind? I was under the impression that the Freeze offense was exceedingly simple and required three things:
    1) A QB who could sling the ball and run it when needed (Wallace, Kelly, and Patterson all fit this mold)
    2) WRs that are really athletic and can make circus catches (Treadwell, Brown, and a host of others)
    3) Good to great OL prospects to give #1 and #2 time to make plays.

Given that it boiled down to having talent I can't imagine that he's known for scheming his way into victories. This article really doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Am I missing something? Can someone with actual X and O knowledge of the game chime in here, because I admit I don't know a lot about scheming offense but I know that Freeze's didn't seem that complicated.