Thread: Does LSU intimidate anyone anymore?

vCash

Does LSU intimidate anyone anymore?

I think that football program is about 3 years away from missing a bowl game. 31 underclassmen lost in the last 6 years including 6 this year.

They certainly don?t intimidate MSU anymore and I don?t see them being any better than last year. They are currently sitting at 12th in the 24/7 team rankings for 2018. They haven?t finished outside the Top 7 since 2012. They are starting to crack and I think it’s teally going to show soon with a 6-6 or 7-5 type season.

I think the luster has worn off that program and they have a horrible head coach. I hope they keep him and they continue to go 8-4 because I feel pretty confident that we will continue to be one of those 4 at least 50% of the time now.

vCash
    Curly Hallman 2.0.

vCash
    Coach O is going to take LSU football back 20 yrs. I really, truly believe we are going to embarrass them in DV next season. It will be like 2014 but they won't be making a late 4th quarter comeback.

vCash
    They are going to be good again in the trenches- they played a lot of young guys. Their problem in 2018 is lack of a QB and a schedule that is ridiculous. It’s def a schedule to get a coach fired. 8-4 would be a successful year with their schedule. Not sure they have the QB to get it done.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I think the luster has worn off that program and they have a horrible head coach. I hope they keep him and they continue to go 8-4 because I feel pretty confident that we will continue to be one of those 4 at least 50% of the time now.
    It is not about luster, they simply have a dumb AD and coach. Correct those and they could be one of the more popular programs in the country again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    They are going to be good again in the trenches- they played a lot of young guys. Their problem in 2018 is lack of a QB and a schedule that is ridiculous. It’s def a schedule to get a coach fired. 8-4 would be a successful year with their schedule. Not sure they have the QB to get it done.
    They lost key and I believe that bad ass dt who was hurt when they played us. Also had an ol leave early. I don't think they will be better than us, Bama, or aub in the trenches. They are staring 7-5 right in face.

vCash
    Theyre dying along with UT, but LSU will rebound at some point.

vCash
    Well their fans still think their shit smells like roses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Their fans expect more and they should. That football team should be destroying Alabama. Bama is splitting resources with Auburn in state while LSU has every single political advantage in the state of Louisiana. I’m sure y’all are all familiar with how their stadium was built!?!?! Right? They have the money. They just actively chose as a school to deemphasize football because the academic side of the institution was going bankrupt. Think about that... when the school is in financial straights they decided to tighten the rope of the athletic department because of optics. The private donations pay for the coach. It’s a completely separate budget, but they still chose to not go spend money when they had a chance to take the next step. One more time just in case it’s not sinking in yet... they turned down free money that would’ve provided a financial boost to their university while they’re going bankrupt. Because of political optics. Honestly their fans deserve better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Their fans expect more and they should. That football team should be destroying Alabama. Bama is splitting resources with Auburn in state while LSU has every single political advantage in the state of Louisiana. I’m sure y’all are all familiar with how their stadium was built!?!?! Right? They have the money. They just actively chose as a school to deemphasize football because the academic side of the institution was going bankrupt. Think about that... when the school is in financial straights they decided to tighten the rope of the athletic department because of optics. The private donations pay for the coach. It’s a completely separate budget, but they still chose to not go spend money when they had a chance to take the next step. One more time just in case it’s not sinking in yet... they turned down free money that would’ve provided a financial boost to their university while they’re going bankrupt. Because of political optics. Honestly their fans deserve better.
    How sweet would it have be to "dorm up" in TS?
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I'm probably one of few, but I agree with them. It's a learning institution first, athletics second or ever farther down the list. Optics is important.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I'm probably one of few, but I agree with them. It's a learning institution first, athletics second or ever farther down the list. Optics is important.
    wouldn't investing in LSU football and it's potential resurgence help LSU academics, as well? That's happened at UA (but could be an outlier).

while I agree that academics shouldn't be pushed aside for athletics, I also think that academics shouldn't suffer by de-emphasizing athletics for the sake of optics.

"It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Optics are less important to their bottom line than the biggest financial revenue builder they have. They make money off of football and turned away free money because they need money?!?!?! That’s poor decision making.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I think that football program is about 3 years away from missing a bowl game. 31 underclassmen lost in the last 6 years including 6 this year.

They certainly don?t intimidate MSU anymore and I don?t see them being any better than last year. They are currently sitting at 12th in the 24/7 team rankings for 2018. They haven?t finished outside the Top 7 since 2012. They are starting to crack and I think it’s teally going to show soon with a 6-6 or 7-5 type season.

I feel so. You can bet money that Moorhead is going to beat LSU more often than Mullen did.

vCash
    The Governor stepped in and wouldnt let them fire Miles after the 2015 season because they were asking the State for millions to bail out their academic side. Made them wait

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    The Governor stepped in and wouldnt let them fire Miles after the 2015 season because they were asking the State for millions to bail out their academic side. Made them wait
    I was told it was the board of trustees but I don’t know that to be fact. Either way, turning down free money usually isn’t a good thing during tough financial times.

vCash
    they are a cluster**** in their Admin- that cant be disputed. You are certainly correct there

vCash
    Smith's mother may regret her selfish actions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    The LSU fans I know are talking pretty low these days. They know what is coming.