Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Per ESPN, Stanford RB Love is returning for his senior year

vCash

Per ESPN, Stanford RB Love is returning for his senior year

I guess being the #2 RB in the draft wasn't a big enough pull. The guy is risking late first round early second for I guess a chance at top 10 pick. I hope it works out for him because the guy is a workhorse.

vCash
    He was hurt a good portion of the season and isn't the biggest guy. Better grab that insurance policy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    He was hurt a good portion of the season and isn't the biggest guy. Better grab that insurance policy.
    Yep, he played hurt basically all year and still won the Doak Walker award and 2nd for the Heisman.

vCash
    RB is not a position where you want to roll the dice. With an average NFL career of 3 years for RBs, you better get that paper while you can.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    These guys returning to school is a gut a punch for the "pay players" group

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    RB is not a position where you want to roll the dice. With an average NFL career of 3 years for RBs, you better get that paper while you can.
    That is one reason why I will not fault any RB for leaving early. It seems like there are only so many carries in the legs or at least that is the way most of the NFL looks at it. Very few guys in the NFL like Frank Gore that has the bulk of the carries for very long.

vCash
    Lot of folks returning that shouldn't. Clemson has a couple, now Love. I think Harris not leaving Bama is a mistake. There's a couple others, but it's kind of shocking at some of these guys returning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Lot of folks returning that shouldn't. Clemson has a couple, now Love. I think Harris not leaving Bama is a mistake. There's a couple others, but it's kind of shocking at some of these guys returning.
    Several of the guys like Harris aren't going to improve their draft stock either. Love might a little but not enough to risk injury and losing a year of getting paid with RBs on the clock the way they are.

vCash
    I think some want a shot at the Heisman
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    This^
    No Signature

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Yes I know I would pass up a ton of money for a $200 trophy. smh
    No Signature

vCash
    That is the only thing I can think of with Love. He would be the front runner and possible shot at a Pac 12 title especially since Darnold is gone. I haven't looked at what Stanford has coming back but I did see they had 3 guys leave early.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    You can buy the heisman for 200? All the replicas I see go for over 1000

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Winning a Heisman is worth 6 figures if not 7 over your lifetime.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Winning a Heisman is worth 6 figures if not 7 over your lifetime.
    It definitely is almost worth the chance to get it for the endorsement possibility. I am sure Love will have a pretty good insurance policy along with a Stanford degree.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I guess being the #2 RB in the draft wasn't a big enough pull. The guy is risking late first round early second for I guess a chance at top 10 pick. I hope it works out for him because the guy is a workhorse.
    I haven't seen anywhere he's listed as the #2 RB. I think he would've fell somewhere between late 2nd to 4th rd.

ETA: I stand corrected Mel Kiper has him as the #2 RB. No wonder he's fell off so much. No way Love would've been drafted ahead of Guice.
    Last edited by Ifyouonlyknew; 01-16-2018 at 10:52 AM.

vCash
    he must just really like college. shelf life for RB's is so short and you want to get to that 2nd contract

But you're right - can make a good career off speaking fees alone as a Heisman winner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere he's listed as the #2 RB. I think he would've fell somewhere between late 2nd to 4th rd.

ETA: I stand corrected Mel Kiper has him as the #2 RB. No wonder he's fell off so much. No way Love would've been drafted ahead of Guice.
    Agree. No way he’d be opting for another year in college if he was a lock in round 1. At RB, you almost have to go when you can but if he gets paid big time, it’ll be worth it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    That is the only thing I can think of with Love. He would be the front runner and possible shot at a Pac 12 title especially since Darnold is gone. I haven't looked at what Stanford has coming back but I did see they had 3 guys leave early.
    Darnold stunk. What difference did he make?

vCash
    Damn him, wanting a top notch education and support his team for another season. And win the Heisman.
    :-/