Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stay patient with Howland...

Banned
    vCash

Stay patient with Howland...

I am watching Miami vs Duke right now and Dewan Huell is killing it for the Canes. Y'all remember him? It was down to us or Miami for him. He's averaging 14 and 6 and looks like the best player on the court right now. Point is we are a lot closer to being a great team than most of y'all are realizing. Howland has come 2nd to a couple players that would immediately change our team. Davis at Indians, Huell at Miami, Brooks at UNC plus we really should have Newman and Kegler. The three we got coming in next year are good and if Howland can add 1-2 more and cut the fat a little we should be a top 8 SEC team next year. That puts us in the dance most likely as long as he doesn't schedule another shit OOC again. Stay patient. Auburn sucked last year in Pearl's year 3.
    Last edited by Dawg61; 01-15-2018 at 08:53 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    I am watching Miami vs Duke right now and Dewan Huell is killing it for the Canes. Y'all remember him? It was down to us or Miami for him. He's averaging 14 and 6 and looks like the best player on the court right now. Point is we are a lot closer to being a great team than most of y'all are realizing. Howland has come 2nd to a couple players that would immediately change our team. Davis at Indians, Huell at Miami, Woodard at UNC plus we really should have Newman and Kegler. The three we got coming in next year are good and if Howland can add 1-2 more and cut the fat a little we should be a top 8 SEC team next year. That puts us in the dance most likely as long as he doesn't schedule another shit OOC again. Stay patient. Auburn sucked last year in Pearl's year 3.
    Top 8 in the SEC? Impressive.......NOT

vCash
    My new found patience (until game day lol) has come from the realization that this is really year 2. We lost practically everyone after year 1. If we do not start showing a lot of progress the 2nd half of the sec season though, my melt will continue to non-game days

vCash
    Brooks you mean, and he wouldn't be a game changer. He's just an ok player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Brooks you mean, and he wouldn't be a game changer. He's just an ok player
    Ahhh, just caught he said Woodard. If Woodard pulls a brooks, I am holding 61 responsible lol

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Drugdog View Post
    Top 8 in the SEC? Impressive.......NOT
    Lunardi's latest projection had 8-9 SEC teams in it so being in the dance I will be happy with. You wouldn't?

vCash
    No

vCash
    Howland?s got another year regardless. I just want to watch a team that at the very least knows the general plan of what we want to do offensively.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    Howland?s got another year regardless. I just want to watch a team that at the very least knows the general plan of what we want to do offensively.
    And stops having a half dozen passes a game to no person on either team.

vCash
    In the second half we turned into Ozzy Osbourne off a 5 day bender after the "Bark at the Moon" tour '85.

vCash
    Have not watched a meaningful game in February or March in five years.

Not asking for too much.

vCash
    If you don't see a different offense tomorrow night, you can kiss the rest of the season bye bye.

vCash
    Here I go again...

61 is right! I really don't think our fan base realizes how fine the line is between where we are and being a tourney team. In the Auburn game, if we don't fall asleep on 3 defensive rotations and give up 3 layups and Q, Nick and Lamar don't make 3 lazy passes that turned the ball over and turned into 3 more layups for Auburn, we win that game. That's not on Howland...that's on players that don't understand that you can't take a single play "off".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shannondawg View Post
    If you don't see a different offense tomorrow night, you can kiss the rest of the season bye bye.
    All we have to do is shoot at the same percentage we did last year and you would see a very different offense.

vCash
    Howland has my support until his 4th year is over. Hail State.

vCash
    I'm not to the point of wanting him fired, but I'm not holding my breath on us turning the corner either. I just don't expect much from him at this point. If, after next season, we haven't seen major improvement, then it's probably time to cut bait.

I can tell you one thing, it's hard to even care at this point.

vCash
    You guys act like basketball is football. It shouldn't take 4 years to win some games. Bring in a couple stud players in basketball and you can make the tourney if you can coach. He's getting one more year though unless something really blows up this season.

vCash
    It sucks because we have a great coach and talent but we aren’t finishing teams off in the second half. That’s on the players and the leadership of the team to keep everyone in line. In 4 SEC games, we had the halftime lead in 3 of those games. With Howland’s record here after leading at halftime, we should be 3-1 and not 1-3. We actually were executing Howland’s gameplan and getting it in transition when possible in the first half against Auburn but the second half we did let up a little and that was just enough for Auburn to get going offensively. Same in the Ole Miss game. We let up a little in the second half and they came back on us. Got to have player leadership from Holman, Q, and Stapleton to recognize those lapses and nip them in the bud. Holman stated as much yesterday in the press conference. He stated it’s upon him, Q, and Stapleton to lead this team. That’s what this team needs. Players holding each other accountable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    You guys act like basketball is football. It shouldn't take 4 years to win some games. Bring in a couple stud players in basketball and you can make the tourney if you can coach. He's getting one more year though unless something really blows up this season.
    Not where our program was. That was never going to happen after the Ray debacle. Howland is bringing us back from Loafers’s self imposed 3 year death penalty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Howland has my support until his 4th year is over. Hail State.
    Barring some kind of fight in the stands or some other craziness, this is the way I feel. Howland has us competitive and has very good recruiting classes lined up. I would give him another year. I don't know what it is but our team just doesn't have that fire. I am not sure what Howland can do about it. There isn't a player that seems to be the coach on the floor. IJ was that last year and we kind of maximized most of the talent on the floor. This year that player leadership is extremely lacking. Q and Holman seem so laid back and timid that I don't know if it is in their nature. That is nothing against them but just is what it is. If Peters hasn't stayed in the doghouse, he seems like the kind of guy that would do it but you can't have someone that is screwing up off the court lead the team.