Thread: About to move into a new house and the TV will be mounted above the fireplace.

vCash

About to move into a new house and the TV will be mounted above the fireplace.

Any ideas on how to deal with having a bluray player and Xbox? I was looking around and I think I have decided to go with having an Apple TV mounted behind it on the bracket with either Youtube Live or DirectTVNow streaming for my cable. I really don't want wires running everywhere. I have been looking at HDMI wireless transmitters which look like it would work maybe. Has anyone ever dealt with this?

vCash
    Yes. I have wires running from a stand to behind the TV, but I’ve got it down to two wires which I can halfway hide. You’re going to have a power plug regardless, so stressing about 1-2 more wired is t really worth it IMO. I run everything through XBox, so DirectTV, Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, disc, and games all go through the same single HDMI cord.

vCash

Xbox One, PS4, and most all next gen consoles

will have HDMI pass throughs which makes everything easier when it comes to cable management. There a lot of tasteful, low profile, conduits to for wall mounts.

vCash
    Just wanted to update what I ended up doing. So I have my internet modem/wireless router bracketed with a Hideit Mount behind the TV. I bought the expensive Sanus mount for my TV so it can swivel to face the kitchen and dining room. I have a 4k Apple TV mounted on the bracket on the back of the TV. I then connected my Apple TV directly to the modem/router for a wire connection and less issues with streaming. I have ordered a Infrared extender that will make remotes work better for the Apple TV and possibly Xbox remotes. I plan on getting the XBox One S for playing any 4k Blurays since it will work vertically and also has backward capabilities for my Xbox 360 games. I bought another Hideit Mount for the Xbox which will be mounted behind the TV also.

It ended up looking great.

vCash
    I bought a Logitech Harmony remote from Best Buy for $50 that works with the Apple TV. Night and day difference with the Apple TV mounted out of sight. I turned the Apple TV toward the nearest wall and point the harmony remote towards that wall.

The Harmony remote has actual directional buttons.. not a touchpad so navigation is a breeze. It worked wonders for us.

Also, the Harmony remote made life so much easier for my wife. All she has to do is select which activity (TV, Music, Game Console) she wants to perform and Harmony turns on the TV, switches TV to correct input, turns on my surround head unit, changes the surround sound to the correct source, and turns on whatever device she has chosen. It's pretty awesome.

vCash
    The infrared extender works perfectly but I might look at the Harmony remote. I haven't bought a Xbox One yet so I don't have the ability to watch DVDs on my TV right now. The remote for the Apple TV isn't easy to use some times so I might get that new remote.