Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Daboll leaving Bama for the NFL

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoplectic View Post
    Yea my thoughts too. Any man worth anything would say 17u Saban I don?t have to put up with ur BS!
    Belichik is the same way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Freeze to Alabama? Well the one year show cause is starting to make sense now.

He's too sensitive to handle Saban probably.
    Freeze would cry on the sideline after a Saban chewing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Belichik is the same way.
    Behind closed doors for sure, but I haven’t seen Belichik show up people on the sidelines like that. Perhaps he does and I’ve just missed it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Or he is a grown man with self pride that doesn?t want to be belittled or have his ass chewed on the sideline by an ego maniac.
    With 6 national championship rings.......

For all of the expert opinions, and No Shotgun Im not saying this about you but.......Some of yall would never make it in the coaching game

vCash
    Behind closed doors for sure, but I haven’t seen Belichik show up people on the sidelines like that. Perhaps he does and I’ve just missed it
    Yeah you?ve missed it. He doesn?t do it often but players or coaches are not immune to Belichik chewing them on the sideline. He doesn?t do it as often as Saban but he does it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah you?ve missed it. He doesn?t do it often but players or coaches are not immune to Belichik chewing them on the sideline. He doesn?t do it as often as Saban but he does it.
    So does Smart.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    So does Smart.
    It is required from time to time. I call them brain dusters lol

vCash
    Or he is a grown man with self pride that doesn?t want to be belittled or have his ass chewed on the sideline by an ego maniac.
    Yeah that doesn't happen in the NFL. Maybe not on the sidelines but it happens I assure you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Yeah that doesn't happen in the NFL. Maybe not on the sidelines but it happens I assure you
    Sure the butt chewing happens at all levels... kissing 17-18 year olds butts to sign does not happen in the pros though. Given the choice and money is close, give me pro football

vCash
    I remember watching a clip of Belichik chewing Brady after a pick in the end zone. He told Brady the qb at foxboro high could?ve made that throw along with a few other expletives. Belichik did it way more when he was younger, but he still lets it go on occasion. Can?t have a thin skin and be a coach or player, won?t last long.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I remember watching a clip of Belichik chewing Brady after a pick in the end zone. He told Brady the qb at foxboro high could?ve made that throw along with a few other expletives. Belichik did it way more when he was younger, but he still lets it go on occasion. Can?t have a thin skin and be a coach or player, won?t last long.
    Can?t be thin skinned in any occupation and be successful. You won?t always hear what you want to hear or always come out on top. Have to shake it off and learn from the failures. And learn from the failures of others as well. That?s where most people do not take advantage.

My best boss mentor taught me more about his screwups and failures than his successes. I find myself weekly remembering something he told me about a failure and me trying to avoid that. As opposed to remembering his success stories. More times than not a success is accomplished by minimizing and eliminating your risks for failure, through preparation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Can?t be thin skinned in any occupation and be successful. You won?t always hear what you want to hear or always come out on top. Have to shake it off and learn from the failures. And learn from the failures of others as well. That?s where most people do not take advantage.

My best boss mentor taught me more about his screwups and failures than his successes. I find myself weekly remembering something he told me about a failure and me trying to avoid that. As opposed to remembering his success stories. More times than not a success is accomplished by minimizing and eliminating your risks for failure, through preparation.
    Yeah, I think it's ironic to suggest that "pride" should prevent one from "putting up with criticism"....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash

Well said and true. Being critiqued is part of growing and becoming a successful

vCash
    You wanna see something funny watch the 30 for 30 on the browns and why they left Cleveland for Baltimore. Belichik was hc and Saban was his dc. It?s funny watching Saban getting chewed on by Belichik.

vCash
    Wouldn't bother me. As a grown man, I try to do my job in a manner where ass chewings don't happen. But if I deserve one, then I'm man enough to take it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Freeze to Alabama? Well the one year show cause is starting to make sense now.

He's too sensitive to handle Saban probably.
    But he will be stabbing Saban in the back to get the Bama job from day one. Ask Coach O and the HC at Ark. St when he was the OC there
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    But he will be stabbing Saban in the back to get the Bama job from day one. Ask Coach O and the HC at Ark. St when he was the OC there
    Wasn't that Mahlzahn at Arkansas State?

Freeze is not a quality person period. And you are right he will be working the back channels to try to get the Bama job and position himself for it once Saban retires. No way I could see him pulling off a coup to oust Saban at Alabama- he didn't even pull it off at Ole Miss with his connections although there is no doubt that those connections eventually got him the Ole Miss job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Wouldn't bother me. As a grown man, I try to do my job in a manner where ass chewings don't happen. But if I deserve one, then I'm man enough to take it.
    I am with you on this. But a lot of times, Saban seems to do it when it isn't deserved, just to send a message to his team or something....and if I were the coach that he decided to use as a prop, after putting in God knows how many hours a day and calling a great game, I would have a real problem with that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    I am with you on this. But a lot of times, Saban seems to do it when it isn't deserved, just to send a message to his team or something....and if I were the coach that he decided to use as a prop, after putting in God knows how many hours a day and calling a great game, I would have a real problem with that.
    I would guess that the coaches are in on it a lot of times. I know Bill Walsh told his assistants that if the players weren't doing something right in a practice or game he was going to chew the assistant coaches out because he felt like it was more effective because the players didn't want to let their position coach down.

Saban is a master at using the media. He would completely abuse Matthew Stevens if he covered Alabama- that would be worth watching. When Saban does that he's sending a message to his team and also at times his fans- it's absolutely briliant to watch if you "get" what he is doing. To most it looks like he is dressing down the media- but it's really not about them at all. Saban vs. the MSU media would be pretty hilarious if he coached us. We would probably have to put a depends dispenser in the bathroom for some of them.

vCash
    More times than not a success is accomplished by minimizing and eliminating your risks for failure, through preparation.
    This is a great comment. I agree wholeheartedly.