Thread: Baseball banquet last night

vCash

Baseball banquet last night

Big attendance . Jeff Brantley spoke. Very entertaining. Bobby Thigpen, Paul Maholm,Rooker and Graveman also there. Coach Can very excited about 2018 season. Will have a full staff of pitchers, solid defense and he thinks we will score runs. He and the players are very excited about the new Dude and want a full house when we play first game there in March. Also said we have solid recruiting classes 3 years out, all top 3 right now. Coach Can is very impressive! Exciting time ahead.

vCash
    That sounds really good for the team this year.

Will they stop working on the stadium improvements during baseball season and pick up again in the summer, or work as they can throughout?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    That sounds really good for the team this year.

Will they stop working on the stadium improvements during baseball season and pick up again in the summer, or work as they can throughout?
    He said that the lower deck, berms and outfields will be ready for this year. I assume other construction will continue during season working around home games. Also said the left field loft construction will start in 2 months.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    He said that the lower deck, berms and outfields will be ready for this year. I assume other construction will continue during season working around home games. Also said the left field loft construction will start in 2 months.
    That makes sense since the contractor will have equipment already there, but they'll have to be very careful not to have hazardous areas for kids and such.

vCash

Lifts...

Wow, lofts beginning in two months? That?s awesome. The lofts were what made this design a game changer. Had we not continued with them someone would have stolen our unique idea. We own it now. When we enclose the south end zone, there should be lofts there as well facing the field and facing the junction.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
    Wow, lofts beginning in two months? That?s awesome. The lofts were what made this design a game changer. Had we not continued with them someone would have stolen our unique idea. We own it now. When we enclose the south end zone, there should be lofts there as well facing the field and facing the junction.
    Did he mean loft construction in two months, or just the new left field lounge area? I'm thinking the latter.

vCash
    My understanding was the left field lounge would be ready for this season. 12 unit loft to begin in 2 months

vCash
    My understanding was the left field lounge would be ready for this season. 12 unit loft to begin in 2 months
    Hope you're right. As was said, good to not let another school do it first.

vCash
    Did they say if the lofts would be built in a way to add on to them seamlessly in the future if there is demand?

vCash
    What is the price on a loft?

Banned
    vCash

Question

Are the Left Field lofts going to be full-bore apartments? Can someone live there?

Banned
    vCash
    If we can just get Raffy back in the fold (and win a national title duh), the phenomena known as Mississippi State Baseball would explode.

I cannot imagine how crazy the scene at TD Ameritrade will be when we finally do pull this off. I could see us being at the forefront of college baseball taking another step, just like we were in the 80s.

With CTE, I do think baseball will make a comeback, on the MLB level as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutt the Hoople View Post
    Are the Left Field lofts going to be full-bore apartments? Can someone live there?
    Don't know, but if you can live there it includes total front yard maintenance at no additional charge.