Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weather Dawgs -- what should we expect

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUDeltadawg1971 View Post
    I’ve got to go to Little Rock today from Brandon and come home Wednesday. What are my chance of getting stuck there?
    Little Rock may miss most of it, but you?ll be driving through the worst area as of looks now. I?d put the corridor of the worst area right now to be from Greenwood to Pine Bluff five or take.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    Little Rock may miss most of it, but you?ll be driving through the worst area as of looks now. I?d put the corridor of the worst area right now to be from Greenwood to Pine Bluff five or take.
    Thanks, may have to see if i can reschedule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Pretty sure he?s being sarcastic.

One thing I?ve heard is much less solar activity hitting the earth this year. Summer was mild and winter colder. Most of our weather is impacted by solar radiation hitting earth. More solar flares hitting = warmer temps. Most people forget that our climate is controlled by the sun and its activity.
    Summer certainly wasn't mild here. Well above normal, and the norm has been increasing for several decades. The winter so far has been slightly colder than normal, but the winter normal has also been increasing so this winter has been warmer than the norm was 20-30 years ago.

vCash
    MSU and the W classes cancelled for Tuesday.

vCash
    West Point schools closed as well.
    All Aboard and Soft Landings!

vCash
    Winter storm watch changed to winter weather advisory for golden triangle area.

vCash
    Thanks Vegas Dawg.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    Winter storm watch changed to winter weather advisory for golden triangle area.
    Which is "worse".

Changing to advisory makes it sound not as bad

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Which is "worse".

Changing to advisory makes it sound not as bad
    A warning is worse than an advisory. I don't know what it is in Mississippi, but here it's an Advisory for 2 inches or less, and a Warning is for 2 inches in 12 hours or 4 inches in 24 hours.

More northern locations a warning is 4 inches or more, or in the snow belt 6 inches or more. Anything less is an Advisory.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    The only thing we know is that the goal posts keep moving.
    Yep... 80 degrees on Christmas Day = crickets.