Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Serious football question about Joe Moorhead.......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Top 10 OL in the Country with depth.
    Honest question - how did this happen? All I've read since I joined were that we missed on guys, how few OL we've taken in the last few classes, how this group has sucked overall, etc., etc. - yet now we magically have depth where we are Top 10 in the country?? This doesn't add up to me so looking for clarity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DogsofAnarchy View Post
    Don’t take this the wrong way, but you’re just full of shit. 7-5 or above and Coach has done his job. That doesn’t mean that we don’t have the potential but we play a damn tough schedule and nothing will come easy. There is No gift wrapped team. People who never played make the mistake of thinking just because we were good last year means we will be good next year. Football is not that way. Every team is different. I will be completely happy with 8-4 but I think we could go 10-2. Will I judge Joe Moorhead in 1 year? Hell no!!! And if you do then you’re an idiot. Sorry.

We are discussing MSU not Ole Miss ....7-5 you have lost your mind

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    We are discussing MSU not Ole Miss ....7-5 you have lost your mind
    I am not nearly as wooly as some here, but no way we should be 7-5. If we go 7-5, we swung and missed on Moorhead imo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    10 wins is the floor? LOL! All new staff and schemes. Y?all counting on freshmen WRs and a juco transfer. Don?t know if Fitz is good after injury. Our corners still aren?t strong. 8 is the floor. 10+ is if everything goes about perfect.
    Agree.

I dont think we are going to lose
    You must have been heavily in the bourbon last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Honest question - how did this happen? All I've read since I joined were that we missed on guys, how few OL we've taken in the last few classes, how this group has sucked overall, etc., etc. - yet now we magically have depth where we are Top 10 in the country?? This doesn't add up to me.
    Ain't that the truth. Nothing but bitching and moaning about the recruitment of OL and now we're top 10 with depth?

vCash
    There is no doubt we were a very good oline that returns a ton. I do have concerns with us changing oline coach/offensive system. Our olinemen were not big time recruits, so will they fit the new offensive scheme? Hopefully they were not just perfect for Mullen/hev system.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DogsofAnarchy View Post
    Don?t take this the wrong way, but you?re just full of shit. 7-5 or above and Coach has done his job. That doesn?t mean that we don?t have the potential but we play a damn tough schedule and nothing will come easy. There is No gift wrapped team. People who never played make the mistake of thinking just because we were good last year means we will be good next year. Football is not that way. Every team is different. I will be completely happy with 8-4 but I think we could go 10-2. Will I judge Joe Moorhead in 1 year? Hell no!!! And if you do then you?re an idiot. Sorry.
    I hear USM is looking for an 11th fan.

Saying what you said doesn?t make you ?measured? with ?perspective?. It means your scared

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Honest question - how did this happen? All I've read since I joined were that we missed on guys, how few OL we've taken in the last few classes, how this group has sucked overall, etc., etc. - yet now we magically have depth where we are Top 10 in the country?? This doesn't add up to me so looking for clarity.
    State in 2017:

Sacks allowed? 5th in the Country
    Tackles for loss allowed? 14th in the Country
    3rd Down Coversions? 8th in the Country (OL doesnt let you get behind the chains)

We return every offensive lineman but 1. We return every TE but 1. Plus add redshirts
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    O ye of little faith

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    I think he will kick ass to start. For sure. I worry more about 3-4 years from now when we have 40 wrs on scholarship and no linemen.

I hope you are kidding on that comment. He is not the HC at OM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    There is no doubt we were a very good oline that returns a ton. I do have concerns with us changing oline coach/offensive system. Our olinemen were not big time recruits, so will they fit the new offensive scheme? Hopefully they were not just perfect for Mullen/hev system.
    Delete

vCash
    The wool is certainly thick in here.

As Bad as I want to say 10 I am more comfortable with 9 Ws.

Coach Mo has been given a wonderful gift for an incoming HC. I hope he puts his gift to good use and does the unthinkable - that which will not be said, even with his MoJo. Now if he will just buy some maroon clothing.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    What's the chance that Morehead is Bret Bilema 2.0? A nice guy, but can't cut it in the SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    What's the chance that Morehead is Bret Bilema 2.0? A nice guy, but can't cut it in the SEC.
    Moorhead's offensive philosophy isn't firmly rooted in the 80's-90's, for one.

vCash

No, he will earn his money and more. I want the unmentionable 4-6 games. As many of them as possible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Literally my only concern with next year's team is the defense. It should be the best we've ever had, but it could also run off the rails with the new DC. We'll know early on.

Moorhead's offense will be the best in the history of MSU.
    Bear Bryant is going to have to roll over in his coffin to hide the hard on he's going to get when this defense comes to Bryant Denny. We have talent, debth and a experience coach. I think his probably at Tenn was Butch Jones. Just by Jones actions while there with the rape case and his action after leaving proves he is a dry dick in the ass hole and probably a dick head to work for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    Agree.

You must have been heavily in the bourbon last night.

Ain't that the truth. Nothing but bitching and moaning about the recruitment of OL and now we're top 10 with depth?
    Most people have bitched about the amount of OL that we have signed. We actually have signed 3 and 4 star lineman with Rankin being a 4 borderline 5 star. We have just finally hit on them panning out and not getting hurt. The biggest issue was signing 1 to 3 High school Oline. Jake Thomas was a 4 star that just didn't work out, Robinson was a 4 star that didn't work out, it seemed like all the high rated guys we got never worked out. The last few years we had 2 or 3 star guys with a possible walk on. Hev could make those guys into serviceable but going against Bama and LSU Dlines, they looked like 2 stars. This year our worst lineman was a 3 star and we had 4 star guys also. It was never debated that Hev was a good coach but all of the sudden we stood toe to toe with Bama. We finally had comparable talent on the Oline. If either Eiland or Reese had flamed out like our previous 4 stars then we would have been looking at 6 to 7 wins max and the Bama game would have been a slaughter.

vCash
    Just the staff he has put together puts that chance at 0%. And offensively Moorhead is a Mensa member compared to Fat Bert.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Just the staff he has put together puts that chance at 0%. And offensively Moorhead is a Mensa member compared to Fat Bert.
    Truth. Listening to Coach JoMo talk you get the impression that he's fairly intelligent and knows what he's doing. Anyone ever get that impression from, Bert? Bert seems like the big, goofy uncle, who's a nice guy, but you don't want him trust him with anything that requires thinking.

vCash
    Bert's a good coach but he didnt recruit well enough to keep his job at UPig- especially defensively. Being nice had nothing to do with it. UPig was well-coached most Saturdays- they just lacked the overall talent to break thru

JoMo is inheriting a Top 10 team. What he does with it after 2018 will define him. He has to build on the momentum- not fall back
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Bert's a good coach but he didnt recruit well enough to keep his job at UPig- especially defensively. Being nice had nothing to do with it. UPig was well-coached most Saturdays- they just lacked the overall talent to break thru

JoMo is inheriting a Top 10 team. What he does with it after 2018 will define him. He has to build on the momentum- not fall back
    They may have been well coached fundamentally but he made some dang headscratching decisions and play calls during games the whole time he was at arky.