Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Serious football question about Joe Moorhead.......

vCash
    Literally my only concern with next year's team is the defense. It should be the best we've ever had, but it could also run off the rails with the new DC. We'll know early on.

Moorhead's offense will be the best in the history of MSU.

vCash
    I am beginning to think cooterpoot is a reb...his post are always negative on all sports. Where is enforcer at.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We played 3 top 10 teams in 2017- two on the road. We won't do that in 2018.
    So who are your 2 losses to?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerdawg View Post
    So who are your 2 losses to?
    I dont think we are going to lose
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Literally my only concern with next year's team is the defense. It should be the best we've ever had, but it could also run off the rails with the new DC. We'll know early on.

Moorhead's offense will be the best in the history of MSU.
    I think Shoop was a good hire. The one thing we couldn't do was hire someone like a Sirmon that is inexperienced. Shoop has a lot of SEC experience and really the only place he struggled at was Tennessee.

vCash
    Just beat that smug bastard at auburn and that fat bastard at umiss.

vCash
    2018 is a 10 win team at worst
    That?s why it blew my mind when the traitor walked out on this team. I just knew he would want to hang around at least for next season to see what he could do with that level of talent. But now I?m glad he left. I think the traitor leaving gave this team the chip on their shoulder constantly pissed off attitude to show that yankee prick he messed up more than he could ever possibly imagine. I think this team wants him sitting in his lazy boy in early January 2019 watching us play in the playoffs while he sits there in Gainsville eating sausage balls with Megan telling him what a colossal dumbass he is because he went 8-4 and now she has to do all her shopping with amazon prime and Kroger clicklist.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dogshiek View Post
    Just beat that smug bastard at auburn and that fat bastard at umiss.
    I just want our guys to kick someone's ass if someone cheap shots them. Dan just stood around with his thumb up his ass.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    I honestly think we go 11-1
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    2018 is a 10 win team at worst
    Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    That?s why it blew my mind when the traitor walked out on this team. I just knew he would want to hang around at least for next season to see what he could do with that level of talent. But now I?m glad he left. I think the traitor leaving gave this team the chip on their shoulder constantly pissed off attitude to show that yankee prick he messed up more than he could ever possibly imagine. I think this team wants him sitting in his lazy boy in early January 2019 watching us play in the playoffs while he sits there in Gainsville eating sausage balls with Megan telling him what a colossal dumbass he is because he went 8-4 and now she has to do all her shopping with amazon prime and Kroger clicklist.
    Dan would have underachieved with our team in 2018. Would probably redshirt Heath and Whop. Would have tucked tail against Alabama and would have been looking for a job Egg Bowl week again for the third year in a row. I think Dan leaving was a complete blessing and I wish it had happened after 2015.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Dan would have underachieved with our team in 2018. Would probably redshirt Heath and Whop. Would have tucked tail against Alabama and would have been looking for a job Egg Bowl week again for the third year in a row. I think Dan leaving was a complete blessing and I wish it had happened after 2015.
    I agree 100% and the 2018 team will show although Dan did some good things, MSU helps brings victories above and beyond his selfish lack of effort at the end of almost every year he was here. Hail our players! Hail all True Maroon State Fans! Hail State in 2018 and Always!

vCash
    Yep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    I have mixed feelings don't know if this is a good hire or not time will tell but here is the question.

With all we have coming back Moorhead gets a loaded team what is your true expectations wins and losses next season? And if State goes say 8-5 or 9-4 will you feel that Moorhead has totally under achieved. My personal feelings are anything under 10-2 regular season is a bust 8-5 and we made a wrong hire. And we better not have a major drop off on defense. To me this season will define him as a head coach simply for the fact he was gift wrapped the best team we have had in years.
    Don’t take this the wrong way, but you’re just full of shit. 7-5 or above and Coach has done his job. That doesn’t mean that we don’t have the potential but we play a damn tough schedule and nothing will come easy. There is No gift wrapped team. People who never played make the mistake of thinking just because we were good last year means we will be good next year. Football is not that way. Every team is different. I will be completely happy with 8-4 but I think we could go 10-2. Will I judge Joe Moorhead in 1 year? Hell no!!! And if you do then you’re an idiot. Sorry.
    Last edited by DogsofAnarchy; 01-14-2018 at 12:57 AM.
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

vCash
    Dan might have been able to keep Heath, he wouldn’t have landed Whop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Dan might have been able to keep Heath, he wouldn’t have landed Whop.
    Coach Austin landed Heath- Mullen and Moorhead had zero to do with it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    I honestly think we go 11-1
    Winning at Bama will be tough- but we are FINALLY good enough in the trenches to pull it off in 2018. Will we? I dont know. But we are finally good enough to have a chance

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DogsofAnarchy View Post
    Don’t take this the wrong way, but you’re just full of shit. 7-5 or above and Coach has done his job. .
    Holy Lord no. 7-5 and the guy should be fired. We have a top 10 football team in 2018. Orgeron could coach this team to 10 wins. You cant **** this up if you tried

vCash
    Nope not 2015. Stricklin would have 17ed up the hire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    I have mixed feelings don't know if this is a good hire or not time will tell but here is the question.

With all we have coming back Moorhead gets a loaded team what is your true expectations wins and losses next season? And if State goes say 8-5 or 9-4 will you feel that Moorhead has totally under achieved. My personal feelings are anything under 10-2 regular season is a bust 8-5 and we made a wrong hire. And we better not have a major drop off on defense. To me this season will define him as a head coach simply for the fact he was gift wrapped the best team we have had in years.
    I agree. Anything below 10 wins is a bust.

Only exception would be say if we lose a game on the final play and finish with 9 wins. As bad as those hurt unless its something egregious, hard to hold hard fought losses against anyone.