Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yall need to ease up on the Howland hate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    Is it Howland?s fault we can?t shoot free throws? Is it Howland?s fault we can?t shoot threes yet consistently jack up 20+ a game? Are those his fault or someone else?s?
    Maybe? I've noticed that no matter what, Kennedy's OM teams are always good FT shooting teams. AK obviously has a lot to do with that in either putting emphasis on it during their practices or in what he looks for in a recruit. You cant have a team that is abysmal in both 3 point shooting and FT shooting and say that the HC has no responsibility for either. I still support Howland but he's got many areas to have this team improve in. Too many players regressing in their shooting ability for it all to be just coincidence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I am as critical as anyone of our basketball team and Lord knows I melt over the games, but come on mane... this is howland year 3, but it is actually year 2 bc howland lost practically everyone year 1. This team has come a long way from last year defensively, but for some reason everyone is shooting the ball worse... perhaps soph slumps. I think you will see this team start to put it together the 2nd half of the sec schedule on the back of 2 freshmen (ado and nick). We will add 3 legit players this offseason, and I fully expect us to be a no doubt NCAA team next season. If carter, Q, and peters snap out of the shooting funk, we could be an NIT/bubble team this season.
    Holy cow Msstate7! I 100% agree with your post. I never thought about the sophomore slump but it is entirely possible. With Nick’s increased PG role on the team, it’s entirely possible that as he feels more and more comfortable he will lead this team. We have had a lead at halftime in 3 of our 4 SEC games. We have to learn to finish.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    If you're saying Howland needs to go, then that means you would have fired Frank Martin and Bruce Peal after year three, which in turn means you need to shut the **** up and let this season play out.

I'm glad cooler and better-informed heads are in charge here.
    Amen to that! Possibly one of the best players we have ever had is going to enroll next year and some of our fans want to **** it up by firing Howland? Please...also not many SEC teams have a higher collection of talent then we do but we just played two of them in Florida and Auburn. This negative shit all started because we couldn?t make two wide open threes on the road against Ole Miss. Well guess what? Those asshats just beat Florida at the same place we almost won. Get a grip man. Sometimes it takes longer to rebuild when your faced with a program that gave itself a self imposed death penalty for three years.

vCash
    I just want to watch some meaningful basketball games in February. ITs been about 6 years since that has happened.