Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yall need to ease up on the Howland hate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    I don't hate him. Hate should be reserved for Stalin, antifa, and commies. I just want him the 17 gone from our basketball program. Not even retained as an assistant.
    Hate should be reserved for trump, the alt-right, white supremacist, and their enablers.

vCash
    It’s bullshit that this board lets anti-obama/liberal/Democrat shit fly without a blink until someone responds. It’s ****ing horseshit. I’m betting it’s my response that gets the tread locked or moved and that’s bullshit. To be a trump supporter, you are either an asshole troll, an idiot, or willfully ignorant and turning a blind eye because of the dumbass letter in parentheses after his name. Plain and simple.
    Last edited by dawgs; 01-13-2018 at 11:52 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerdawg View Post
    It seems most of the hate towards Howland comes from people who don't know what they're talking about. Usually their comments either start or end with "I'm not a basketball fan but...", or "I never played but...", it's ridiculous.

I'm not a sunshine pumper, but I'm seeing something totally different than what you guys are.

I'm sick of hearing you non basketball people talking about what we should and shouldn't do, especially regarding coaching. I've even heard yall talk about rather having an x's and o's coach over a recruiter and then bring up Andy f**king Kennedy. The same AK that just lost to Auburn after being up double digits in the 2nd half. Thank God you guys aren't in charge of making hires. AK hasn't done shit. Stop comparing what we do to what om does. They are mediocre and always will be. We have our sights on something bigger. Sure it's frustrating and taking more time than we'd like, but look at Auburn and what they're doing this year. What has Pearl done there until this year? It takes time!

You guys don't realize what Rick MF Ray did to our program. He killed it. Absolutely destroyed it. Howland had NOTHING to work with his 1st year. NOTHING. He did what he could. He went out and got the highest rated player to ever commit to State. Wasn't his fault Mali turned out the way he did. In fact, most fans were glad he was gone and praised Howland for not putting up with it.

So that left us with Q and Holman last year to lead THE youngest team in the country. There were ups and downs but we relied on freshmen and sophomores with a mediocre at best SR PG. Wasn't a great year but we found a way to get to .500 to finish the season.

Then Kegler decides to leave which hurts depth if anything. Again, not Howland's fault. Herard was highly rated because of his size and potential. But he's a soccer player turned basketball player. Now sure you can question why he wasn't improving, but some kids just don't get it. There are certain skills that can't be taught that he obviously lacked. Him leaving hurts depth but will open up possibilities for other guys.

Lamar Peters has potential to be elite. But it's all on him. Sure coaches can "help", but there's only so much a coach can do when it comes dealing with a player's mental state. A lot of yall talk about missing Stansbury but did yall forget all the drama and bs from a lot of his players? Yall forget all the transfers? Lamar can only help Lamar.

Stapleton and Wright just aren't good. I think Wright should move on and Stapleton is a Rick Ray type of player as far as basketball IQ goes.

Nick is what we need and he will become great once he gets settled into his leadership role. He's the guy we've been missing for years. But he's just a freshman.

Q is a great college player but needs to start shifting his leadership responsibilities to his brother and become a great role player like he naturally is.

Peters has that elite potential as I stated earlier.

Ado will only get better and be a great player for us. Don't forget he's a freshman.

Holman is solid. Can't ask much more from him. He'll improve too.

Carter has good basketball IQ, he just forces things sometimes but I like his style and his potential.

Datcher has improved. But will always be a backup.

Feazell will be good for us one day. He's got talent, but he's a freshman.

I'm sure I'm leaving out someone, but this year just is what it is. Still young and relying on young guys to lead. I for one see a lot of maturation and improvements from this team. Just give them some time.

Basketball relies on good players more so than what some of yall think. There are only so many x's and o's that a coach can draw up. It's not really like football where you have coordinators scheming up plays every single down where a lot falls on what the coach draws up. In basketball your players have to go out there and play the game. It's about feel and chemistry. There's a lot of improv that you don't get in a lot of other sports.

Is Howland perfect? No, but nobody is. I'm proud of the defense we've shown this year and to me that says a lot about the coach. You guys just got to lay off a little bit, bitching isn't helping anybody. Still a lot of games left to be played, let's see what happens and then next year I feel like we WILL have that breakout year as long as we don't lose any of our valuable players. This team needs everyone to rally around them. We've got a good AD that WILL do what it takes when it's time. Some you have nothing to lose by supporting this team. One of the hardest things to do as a coach is to keep a positive attitude within the team after losses start to stack up. If you bash the team, coaches, and don't show up to games when you can, you can't expect things to get better. Like I said, Cohen will do the right thing. Just don't give up on these guys (and coach), not yet.
    S
    I'm a 25 year seAson ticket holder with my dad. We gave them up,when his health failed. This collection of individuals has NO idea of how to run offensive sets. They are painful to watch. I don't have a solution , because I don't think there is one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    It?s bullshit that this board lets anti-obama/liberal/Democrat shit fly without a blink until someone responds. It?s ****ing horseshit. I?m betting it?s my response that gets the tread locked or moved and that?s bullshit. To be a trump supporter, you are either an asshole troll, an idiot, or willfully ignorant and turning a blind eye because of the dumbass letter in parentheses after his name. Plain and simple.
    Bathroom is second door on the left so you can go wash that sand out of your vag.

vCash
    Howland deserves what he is getting. He hasn't done a damn thing to mitigate criticism at MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    Bathroom is second door on the left so you can go wash that sand out of your vag.
    For a crew that refers to the opposition as snowflakes, y’all sure are so insecure y’all can’t pass up the opportunity to make a dumbass, baseless comment attacking liberals/obama/Democrats. It literally happens in pretty much every thread more than a few posts long on this board and usually doesn’t result in anyone saying shit until there’s a response.

And yes, I realize bully13 threw out the extreme left, but there wasn’t exactly a far right equivalent tossed in to balance it out.

vCash
    For a crew that refers to the opposition as snowflakes, y’all sure are so insecure y’all can’t pass up the opportunity to make a dumbass, baseless comment attacking liberals/obama/Democrats. It literally happens in pretty much every thread more than a few posts long on this board and usually doesn’t result in anyone saying shit until there’s a response.
    Maybe stand under the tap. Sounds like you really have it caked in there deep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    Is it Howland?s fault we can?t shoot free throws? Is it Howland?s fault we can?t shoot threes yet consistently jack up 20+ a game? Are those his fault or someone else?s?
    Besides Q, he recruited every player on the team, so yeah.

vCash
    I support The Bulldogs including our Coach. Things will get better. Hail State.!

vCash

And yes, I realize bully13 threw out the extreme left, but there wasn’t exactly a far right equivalent tossed in to balance it out.
    Why the 17 you bitching about politics on a sports board? And that’s for anybody on here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Howland ain't following the same pattern. Whether we want to or not, we will need to make a change either this year, or most likely next.
    I am as critical as anyone of our basketball team and Lord knows I melt over the games, but come on mane... this is howland year 3, but it is actually year 2 bc howland lost practically everyone year 1. This team has come a long way from last year defensively, but for some reason everyone is shooting the ball worse... perhaps soph slumps. I think you will see this team start to put it together the 2nd half of the sec schedule on the back of 2 freshmen (ado and nick). We will add 3 legit players this offseason, and I fully expect us to be a no doubt NCAA team next season. If carter, Q, and peters snap out of the shooting funk, we could be an NIT/bubble team this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I am as critical as anyone of our basketball team and Lord knows I melt over the games, but come on mane... this is howland year 3, but it is actually year 2 bc howland lost practically everyone year 1. This team has come a long way from last year defensively, but for some reason everyone is shooting the ball worse... perhaps soph slumps. I think you will see this team start to put it together the 2nd half of the sec schedule on the back of 2 freshmen (ado and nick). We will add 3 legit players this offseason, and I fully expect us to be a no doubt NCAA team next season. If carter, Q, and peters snap out of the shooting funk, we could be an NIT/bubble team this season.
    I agree. If Carter and Peters were hitting the shots they were last year we'd be a very good team and there wouldn't be as much complaining.

vCash
    I don't hate him, I just don't care anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Why the 17 you bitching about politics on a sports board? And that’s for anybody on here.
    Because I’m tired of seeing lame potshots taken at every opportunity by the majority right wing faction of this board with no consequences, yet when there’s a response calling them on it or a similar potshot taken by the minority left wing faction, everyone freaks out about bringing up politics on a sports board. It’s straight up hypocrisy.

vCash
    Lulz I appreciate the rep comment calling me a “dumass”. If you are pissed at me but not at the guy that brought politics into a thread about Howland and the basketball team, then your bias and hypocrisy is showing.

vCash
    Because I’m tired of seeing lame potshots taken at every opportunity by the majority right wing faction of this board with no consequences, yet when there’s a response calling them on it or a similar potshot taken by the minority left wing faction, everyone freaks out about bringing up politics on a sports board. It’s straight up hypocrisy.
    Then leave if you don’t like it or go get in the political section of this site. This is the sports section. Go bash Trump and whack off to Obama all you want somewhere else.

vCash
    And that goes for anybody bringing politics on here. Not just one person or one side.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Then leave if you don’t like it or go get in the political section of this site. This is the sports section. Go bash Trump and whack off to Obama all you want somewhere else.
    The point is I didn’t bring it up and never do, but nothing is done so long as it’s pro-trump/conservative. It’s only after there’s a response that the mods decide to take action and people like you throw a fit about politics in on sports threads. Maybe you added “that goes for anyone” after the fact, but you attacked me and not the original poster that brought in politics so that really tells me that you only care when someone that doesn’t agree with you posts about politics.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    I don't hate him. Hate should be reserved for Stalin, antifa, and commies. I just want him the 17 gone from our basketball program. Not even retained as an assistant.
    Hey Bully13 leave the politics on the political board.

vCash
    If you're saying Howland needs to go, then that means you would have fired Frank Martin and Bruce Peal after year three, which in turn means you need to shut the **** up and let this season play out.

I'm glad cooler and better-informed heads are in charge here.
    Last edited by thf24; 01-14-2018 at 10:34 AM.