Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I Hate Our Basketball Program

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    I actually blame strick more than stans. But you?re right it?s time to move on. Maybe Howland can get it right. I lost what little faith I had left in him today though.
    Strict? I despise loafers but on that hire he did all he could do. My source on that is IMPECCABLE. The fact is we committed program suicide with how we handled Stans. The only thing that compares to it at MSU is what we did to Allyn McKeen.

vCash
    "Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it", or so they say. BTW, on looking there to rehire, Ron Polk says good idea. This bunch of individuals must learn to play team ball with a set rotation of starters and supportive role players who can contribute or this will be another long season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Strict? I despise loafers but on that hire he did all he could do. My source on that is IMPECCABLE. The fact is we committed program suicide with how we handled Stans. The only thing that compares to it at MSU is what we did to Allyn McKeen.
    I?ll say this. I loved Stansbury. He gave us 9 great years. His last 5 something changed. He got away from what he built our program around. Our identify was defense and rebounding and being physical. About 2009 or 2010 he started to move to a more finesse style and it was never the same then discipline went down the tube and it was just a mess. It was time for a change but the whole administration and Stansbury could?ve all done better in their part.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofozarka View Post
    Well... everything.

College kids smoke weed, multiple Saban players get arrested frequently for it, but I don't hear people calling them an undisciplined program.

But acting as if NO ONE wanted to take over a program because kids smoked weed (and all of those guys would be gone in one year anyway) is just dumb. Probably time to take a break from posting, maybe go smoke some weed.

Regardless, I could give 2 shits about all you random msg board posters w your "inside info" on guys being on drugs, the team not practicing (which is also likely not true), or your perception of our strength and conditioning. All that matters to me is the ****ing bottom line, winning and losing. And the bottom line is we were much better almost every year of Stans tenure than we've been EVERY YEAR since he's been gone, and that's all that matters.

You and todd4state can shove your pep band flutes up your ass
    Yea our strength and conditioning were amazing under stans. Sidney was in amazing shape. The bottom line is it was time for a change. And I wish it was just weed that was happening with our players. That?s not even a hard core drug. Stans let the program get away from him his last 4 or 5 years. Don?t get your panties in such a wad man. It?s pretty common knowledge we?d go a week or between practices towards the end of his tenure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofozarka View Post
    Well... everything.

College kids smoke weed, multiple Saban players get arrested frequently for it, but I don't hear people calling them an undisciplined program.

But acting as if NO ONE wanted to take over a program because kids smoked weed (and all of those guys would be gone in one year anyway) is just dumb. Probably time to take a break from posting, maybe go smoke some weed.

Regardless, I could give 2 shits about all you random msg board posters w your "inside info" on guys being on drugs, the team not practicing (which is also likely not true), or your perception of our strength and conditioning. All that matters to me is the ****ing bottom line, winning and losing. And the bottom line is we were much better almost every year of Stans tenure than we've been EVERY YEAR since he's been gone, and that's all that matters.

You and todd4state can shove your pep band flutes up your ass
    Did I trigger you?

And by the way- I'm sorry Stansbury had to go. The bottom was about to fall out had we kept him. I'm not a Stansbury hater- but the fact of the matter is he was the coach over one of the most embarrassing incidents in MSU sports history with the Renardo Sidney and Elgin fight in Hawaii. Anyone that thinks that Stansbury should come back or should have stayed has no clue.

The problem is we hired Rick Ray who was in over his head. We'll see if Howland can turn it around.

And part of the problem with MSU basketball is the exact SAME problem MSU baseball had under Polk. Let's keep a sacred cow coach and not be willing to change and while we're at it let's let the vocal cronies try to do everythign that they can to sabotage the program to try to teach the progressive youngin's how good things were.

So, respectfully- shove that up your ass.
    Last edited by Todd4State; 01-14-2018 at 12:58 AM.