Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Hate Our Basketball Program

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    You still think Stans shares no blame in this? You take up for a man that allowed rampant drug usage and fights in the locker room and on national television? Hell Rayvern Johnson was high in every game he played for us. If you take up for stans you?re not pro MSU at all.
    Dude, what we are putting on the court is Embarrassing. Some of you guys let your hatred of one man mKe you blind when it comes to basketball and actual records. For the record I do NOT want Stans back. That's water under the bridge. I think we are going to have to go through a few more coaches before we get back to where he had us on the court though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofozarka View Post
    Good lord are you guys still doing this? He didn't even bring Stans up but you twist it into blaming Stans for the state of our program SIX YEARS LATER?

Stans ain't got nothing to do with where MSU is now and if anything, what's going on now should make you finally appreciate what going to an NCAA tournament and being a top 5 team in the SEC year in year out is like.

Even in the "bad" Stans years we were disappointed with a 1 seed in the NIT. 6 years later and we can't get on the CBI bubble for christ's sake. But you guys won't ever cop to that viewpoint because it would make you wrong about everything you posted on a dumbass message board for a decade
    Excellent post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofozarka View Post
    Good lord are you guys still doing this? He didn't even bring Stans up but you twist it into blaming Stans for the state of our program SIX YEARS LATER?

Stans ain't got nothing to do with where MSU is now and if anything, what's going on now should make you finally appreciate what going to an NCAA tournament and being a top 5 team in the SEC year in year out is like.

Even in the "bad" Stans years we were disappointed with a 1 seed in the NIT. 6 years later and we can't get on the CBI bubble for christ's sake. But you guys won't ever cop to that viewpoint because it would make you wrong about everything you posted on a dumbass message board for a decade
    What am I wrong about? The inmates were running the asylum when stans retired. We still kept him on the payroll with an office job for the next 3 Years. What coach was going to take over that dumpster fire with the guy who sunk still in the athletic office? Again what am I wrong about?

vCash
    What am I wrong about? The inmates were running the asylum when stans retired. We still kept him on the payroll with an office job for the next 3 Years. What coach was going to take over that dumpster fire with the guy who sunk still in the athletic office? Again what am I wrong about?
    And the results were better than what we have now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    And the results were better than what we have now.
    So we should have kept that drug ridden culture? Where the best we could hope for was an 8 seed in the tournament and the worst was players fighting in the stands on national tv. Yea you really know what you?re talking about. Having that kind of embarrassing culture was not worth it to me for a ncaa appearance every 3 Years. Now throw in a natty and it may have been more tempting.

vCash
    So we should have kept that drug ridden culture? Where the best we could hope for was an 8 seed in the tournament and the worst was players fighting in the stands on national tv. Yea you really know what you?re talking about. Having that kind of embarrassing culture was not worth it to me for a ncaa appearance every 3 Years. Now throw in a natty and it may have been more tempting.
    I'd be ecstatic with an 8 seed at this point. . In case you haven't noticed our "culture" ain't that good right now either. If there was a Fulmar Cup in basketball we would be a contender this year.

vCash
    I'd be ecstatic with an 8 seed at this point. . In case you haven't noticed our "culture" ain't that good right now either. If there was a Fulmar Cup in basketball we would be a contender this year.
    Have we had players fighting in the stands on national tv? Do we have a morbidly obese center that the coach doesn?t make him work out and the announcers make fun of us on national tv every game about it?

We have a coaching problem right now. If you liked the thuggery we had in stans last 4 years then there?s no helping you. You?re part of the problem.

vCash
    If you're making fun about the drug use under Stans then you'll be shocked by the stuff Cohen and Mullen had going on. I know a certain player or two who were high during the Natty against UCLA. There are a lot of things you don't or need to know. But casting out one guy for his teams when every other team in the nation is the exact same is ridiculous.

vCash
    Have we had players fighting in the stands on national tv? Do we have a morbidly obese center that the coach doesn?t make him work out and the announcers make fun of us on national tv every game about it?

We have a coaching problem right now. If you liked the thuggery we had in stans last 4 years then there?s no helping you. You?re part of the problem.
    Nobody except us remembered or cared the day after that happened. People like you hated Stans prior to that, it was just more ammo. What we are putting on the court has been embarrassing right now. They obviously have no clue what to do in offense. Most players are regressing from year to year. I'm tired of hating to go to or watch one of our games. I don't think there is a solution. We are done for a while.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    If you're making fun about the drug use under Stans then you'll be shocked by the stuff Cohen and Mullen had going on. I know a certain player or two who were high during the Natty against UCLA. There are a lot of things you don't or need to know. But casting out one guy for his teams when every other team in the nation is the exact same is ridiculous.
    Yep. He actually thinks it's better now, lol.

vCash
    Again I was very involved with the basketball team when I was a student at state. 2010-2013. This wasn?t your run of the mill college players doing recreational drugs. Stories that would make your skin crawl. But on top of hay stans made up for it by not practicing but maybe once a week. Before the tennessee game in 2012 we didn?t have a team practice that whole week. We won the game because Tennessee was horrible that year. And do you remember how out of shape our players were?
    Yea I?m sure every program in the nation does things like that***

vCash
    Nobody except us remembered or cared the day after that happened. People like you hated Stans prior to that, it was just more ammo. What we are putting on the court has been embarrassing right now. They obviously have no clue what to do in offense. Most players are regressing from year to year. I'm tired of hating to go to or watch one of our games. I don't think there is a solution. We are done for a while.
    You?re right I did want stans gone before that. Our players were out of shape we had no discipline and he made up for it by not being a great court coach.
    It seemed like stans really went down hill after the 2007-2008 season. He got away from what he built the program on which was defense and rebounding. We went to a more finesse style and then discipline disappeared.

vCash
    Again I was very involved with the basketball team when I was a student at state. 2010-2013. This wasn?t your run of the mill college players doing recreational drugs. Stories that would make your skin crawl. But on top of hay stans made up for it by not practicing but maybe once a week. Before the tennessee game in 2012 we didn?t have a team practice that whole week. We won the game because Tennessee was horrible that year. And do you remember how out of shape our players were?
    So you were there during '13? So you should know about some of the baseball team and their deals. Since you're also just a few years older than me, you should also know some other stories about other sports, which I am not putting out here, and know this isn't your typical weed we're talking about.

I also know some frats that were providing for the team (Wendell and Dee).

I'm not saying our S&C was awesome. I'm just saying you can't single out the drug use because things have gotten a lot better out of Starkville on keeping things quite then what it use to be. And it's all programs.

vCash
    So you were there during '13? So you should know about some of the baseball team and their deals. Since you're also just a few years older than me, you should also know some other stories about other sports, which I am not putting out here, and know this isn't your typical weed we're talking about.

I also know some frats that were providing for the team (Wendell and Dee).

I'm not saying our S&C was awesome. I'm just saying you can't single out the drug use because things have gotten a lot better out of Starkville on keeping things quite then what it use to be. And it's all programs.
    Again i?ll say it was not normal college kid shenanigans. This was a problem and it wasn?t just Sidney although he was a large part of it. Our little back up point guard in 2011 made the 9th Ward look tame with the stuff he was in to. Why do you think our basketball team was so out of shape?

vCash
    Yeah, I’m gonna call bullshit on the extreme drug use. Sorry.

vCash
    That was the last time we won more than we lost. 21 and 12 I think

vCash
    Until we quit blaming Stans, and he has been gone for what, six years now,we will never progress in men's basketball. We are still at year zero, and will remain there for the foreseeable future.WE as a fan base SUCK.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Yeah, I’m gonna call bullshit on the extreme drug use. Sorry.
    K

vCash
    Until we quit blaming Stans, and he has been gone for what, six years now,we will never progress in men's basketball. We are still at year zero, and will remain there for the foreseeable future.WE as a fan base SUCK.
    I actually blame strick more than stans. But you?re right it?s time to move on. Maybe Howland can get it right. I lost what little faith I had left in him today though.

vCash
    Well... everything.

College kids smoke weed, multiple Saban players get arrested frequently for it, but I don't hear people calling them an undisciplined program.

But acting as if NO ONE wanted to take over a program because kids smoked weed (and all of those guys would be gone in one year anyway) is just dumb. Probably time to take a break from posting, maybe go smoke some weed.

Regardless, I could give 2 shits about all you random msg board posters w your "inside info" on guys being on drugs, the team not practicing (which is also likely not true), or your perception of our strength and conditioning. All that matters to me is the ****ing bottom line, winning and losing. And the bottom line is we were much better almost every year of Stans tenure than we've been EVERY YEAR since he's been gone, and that's all that matters.

You and todd4state can shove your pep band flutes up your ass