Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Hate Our Basketball Program

vCash

I Hate Our Basketball Program

I?m no basketball fan (thanks to the purists that insist that everything is a foul. It?s unwatchable to me) but nonetheless I gave today a chance.

I don?t know much about basketball, but it?s pretty easy to see that over half our team are clowns, lack any semblance of mental toughness, can?t shoot, and simply have egregious errors in concentration that other teams don?t appear to have.

Additionally, all our guys seem to have bad hands and it?s easy to see within 2 minutes of watching us that our ball movement is elementary compared to virtually every team we play. However, have no clue if we lack ball movement due to poor coaching or having a roster full of Joe Morrows.

In any event, i have no clue what the problem is or where to start in fixing it but the product on the floor, the players act on twitter, and the mental makeup of this program is unbecoming of what I expect to represent our great university. It?s like we have team full of rich kid brats that don?t respect anyone or take any coaching or accountability whatsoever.

I bet Victoria and Tiera would whip half this roster?s ass. Softer than tissue paper and you can?t blame AAU. Every team has AAU players.

Whatever culture our football team and women?s basketball team has, this program has the opposite. Just a cesspool of premadonnas.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 01-13-2018 at 05:47 PM.

vCash
    Fair enough, but it's not nearly as unlikable as it was 7-8 years ago.

vCash
    Like I said in the other thread, I?d prefer getting an elite X?s and O?s coach instead of an elite recruiter next go round. You can have good success in basketball by just being fundamentally sound.

vCash
    Coaching means more in basketball in my opinion. See butler, Xavier, and other schools that constantly are winning in the tournament

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    Coaching means more in basketball in my opinion. See butler, Xavier, and other schools that constantly are winning in the tournament
    This all day. Hell look at Wisconsin. They put out the undefeated Kentucky a few years ago. They didn?t have near the amount of raw talent or recruiting stars as big blue. They had better coaching and better basketball IQ though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    Yeah but those kids come from higher basketball IQ regions. The Midwest and East coach for basketball is what Southern Cal or Florida is to baseball. The kids are better coached and have higher baseball IQ.

vCash
    It also helps when Auburn got to shoot 20-23 freethrows during their run. Thought we played well until the refs took over and called fouls on us while let Auburn foul everytime on our drives. If that game is even called neutral down the stretch we still win the game by five.

vCash
    And stop blaming the fans that refuse to drive hrs and shell out good $ to watch this inferior product. I admire the season ticket holders who pay good $ to support this MSU "program" and try to keep it from being a total financial loss (may be for all I know), whether they show up or not. The late Bill Veek couldn't think of enough promotions to fill the Hump to get people to watch this poor display of a "team" sport.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    This all day. Hell look at Wisconsin. They put out the undefeated Kentucky a few years ago. They didn?t have near the amount of raw talent or recruiting stars as big blue. They had better coaching and better basketball IQ though.
    Well, if we can get Wisconsin, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, etc high school coaching and youth programs around here, we may have a chance of winning with that type of recruiting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    It also helps when Auburn got to shoot 20-23 freethrows during their run. Thought we played well until the refs took over and called fouls on us while let Auburn foul everytime on our drives. If that game is even called neutral down the stretch we still win the game by five.
    Eh. I’m looking more at the body language, fundamentals, and 30,000 ft view of the program. Us wining or losing today is irrelevant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Yeah but those kids come from higher basketball IQ regions. The Midwest and East coach for basketball is what Southern Cal or Florida is to baseball. The kids are better coached and have higher baseball IQ.
    This is also true. That?s why Butler has had so much success. Indiana produces some of the best pure basketball players. But we could still get a solid Coach that at least knows how to assemble a basic offensive game plan. Randy Kennedy even knows how to do that. Sure it?s just jack up as many shots as possible but he has one and he damn sure sticks to it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    So the refs hate us on the road and at home? This group of players and coaches have many more issues to address than just that. JMO.

vCash
    I totally blank out basketball season. We aren't good and won't be "next year." Can't wait for baseball to start

vCash
    See. Complete lack of culture.

It’s amazing to me that these players have such a lack of respect for their coaching staff or our university to behave this way.

Again, the entire program is embarrassing. This doesn’t happen in legit programs.

https://twitter.com/headshotpeters_/...11926033473536

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Fair enough, but it's not nearly as unlikable as it was 7-8 years ago.
    YeAh, 20 wins was unlikable alll right. This collection of individuals, I'm not using the word team to describe them for now, is totally clueless on the offensive end. We have players that are regressing from year to year. It's just down right painful to watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    I totally blank out basketball season. We aren't good and won't be "next year." Can't wait for baseball to start
    Maybe Perry and other new comers can help, along with some current players being processed, but then we would be "young" again. Maybe some coaches need to be processes as well. What do I know, I quit my Sr year in HS in '73 because I was the 6th man instead of a starter! I do know this is a disgusting example of team BB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    YeAh, 20 wins was unlikable alll right. This collection of individuals, I'm not using the word team to describe them for now, is totally clueless on the offensive end. We have players that are regressing from year to year. It's just down right painful to watch.
    You still think Stans shares no blame in this? You take up for a man that allowed rampant drug usage and fights in the locker room and on national television? Hell Rayvern Johnson was high in every game he played for us. If you take up for stans you?re not pro MSU at all.

vCash
    You still think Stans shares no blame in this? You take up for a man that allowed rampant drug usage and fights in the locker room and on national television? Hell Rayvern Johnson was high in every game he played for us. If you take up for stans you?re not pro MSU at all.
    Good lord are you guys still doing this? He didn't even bring Stans up but you twist it into blaming Stans for the state of our program SIX YEARS LATER?

Stans ain't got nothing to do with where MSU is now and if anything, what's going on now should make you finally appreciate what going to an NCAA tournament and being a top 5 team in the SEC year in year out is like.

Even in the "bad" Stans years we were disappointed with a 1 seed in the NIT. 6 years later and we can't get on the CBI bubble for christ's sake. But you guys won't ever cop to that viewpoint because it would make you wrong about everything you posted on a dumbass message board for a decade

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofozarka View Post
    Good lord are you guys still doing this? He didn't even bring Stans up but you twist it into blaming Stans for the state of our program SIX YEARS LATER?

Stans ain't got nothing to do with where MSU is now and if anything, what's going on now should make you finally appreciate what going to an NCAA tournament and being a top 5 team in the SEC year in year out is like.

Even in the "bad" Stans years we were disappointed with a 1 seed in the NIT. 6 years later and we can't get on the CBI bubble for christ's sake. But you guys won't ever cop to that viewpoint because it would make you wrong about everything you posted on a dumbass message board for a decade
    Planning on getting Rodney, "can't we all just get along", King as motivational speaker to help cure old wounds among several Elite Dawgs asap!*** Hail State!

vCash
    Wow. I didn’t know Rayvern was playing while high.