Thread: Hey all you "Home team gets fouls advantage" guys, pay attention.....

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash

Hey all you "Home team gets fouls advantage" guys, pay attention.....

We get the short end of the stick more than any other team in the SEC. Before we fouled at the end it was 20 on us and 19 on them. How is that even possible?

During Auburn's big run to come back and take the lead, I believe they called 6 or 7 on us to around 1 on them. The fouls on Q, Holman and Ado were not fouls at all and allowed Auburn to take control.

It's true we didn't play well but we have to drive and draw fouls and we will hardly ever win when the zebra's call the phantom fouls against us when we get up by double digits. Has happened two weeks in a row. Until Howland steps up and rides the officials, we will continue to get shafted. What you saw today will continue to happen the rest of the season, if we are even able to get double digit leads. We may not win another SEC game if we continue the 2nd half performances we've shown in the last 3.

vCash
    We were driving to the basket but no fouls called on them. I’m infuriated at Joe Lindsey’s group. Horribly biased calls to get Auburn back in the game. Every drive we were fouled and nothing called. They were 27-32 from the freethrow line. Horrible horrible officiating. We only shot 22 and made 17. Should have won that game.

vCash
    Are you sure it would have even mattered? What I see on the court is a group that don’t know how to finish and win.

vCash
    After seeing it in person and watching their body language throughout- The officiating definitely hurt our effort. 1st half was as strongly an effort as I’ve seen from the guys and we were rewarded with a good lead.

When the touch fouls started to appear, and then combined when lights out 3 point shooting came from Auburn- I saw the effort slide.

It picked back up to pull us within 4 at the end but you could clearly Tell officiating affected them. .

vCash
    Officiating had nothing to do with us losing today
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonbulldog View Post
    After seeing it in person and watching their body language throughout- The officiating definitely hurt our effort. 1st half was as strongly an effort as I’ve seen from the guys and we were rewarded with a good lead.

When the touch fouls started to appear, and then combined when lights out 3 point shooting came from Auburn- I saw the effort slide.

It picked back up to pull us within 4 at the end but you could clearly Tell officiating affected them. .
    It effects them on the road as well. Ole Miss fouled the shit out of them on several drives to the basket on the road and they would question the refs. But I expect that shit on the road. At home, there were about ten calls that usually go the Home team’s way that went Auburn’s way. We may as well of played that in Auburn Arena with the calls that were going Auburn’s way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Yes it did.

vCash
    Being brain dead did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Yes it did.
    I was there in the 4th row. We are soft and slower than Auburn. The officiating had zero to do with us losing. 3/16 from 3 while Auburn was 9/19 had the most to do with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    We were driving to the basket but no fouls called on them. I’m infuriated at Joe Lindsey’s group. Horribly biased calls to get Auburn back in the game. Every drive we were fouled and nothing called. They were 27-32 from the freethrow line. Horrible horrible officiating. We only shot 22 and made 17. Should have won that game.
    And here is where I put the blame on the coach.

He needs to get a tec or two on no foul called going to the basket. He is soft on officials and because of his softness our team is also physically and mentally soft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I'm not going to do it but you or someone can. Go back and re watch today's game and the game at Florida and count how many times we drive to the basket and how many fouls were call when we do. You will be shocked how few were called. I am going to guess for both games you can count them on one hand,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    I'm not going to do it but you or someone can. Go back and re watch today's game and the game at Florida and count how many times we drive to the basket and how many fouls were call when we do. You will be shocked how few were called. I am going to guess for both games you can count them on one hand,
    Seldom blame refs, but 5 of 23 from 3 for the game (2 of 10 second half), didn't help much either, again.

vCash
    And here is where I put the blame on the coach.

He needs to get a tec or two on no foul called going to the basket. He is soft on officials and because of his softness our team is also physically and mentally soft.
    Pearl worked the refs. At the end of the first half, he gave one ref an earful and then paused while walking out to yell a few words at the ref standing under the basket.

vCash
    You can probably count on one hand how many times we drive to the basket. We play soft and arent aggressive. When there is no post game- you arent going to get as many foul calls

Auburn was the quicker, more aggressive team. And thats why we got called for 24 fouls to their 19. 2 of those were at the end when we were trying to stop the clock- which gave them 4 FT's