Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 61

Thread: Shooting at Starkville Walmart

  1. #1
    Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    3,373
    vCash
    500

    Shooting at Starkville Walmart

    Anyone have any details..all I heard was it was the eye doctors husband. He came in and shot her 5 times and she is in critical condition. I haven?t heard if they caught him yet though...
    No Signature

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    711
    vCash
    500
    I figured it was too cold for the local thugs and gang bangers to be out....

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Starkville
    Posts
    2,806
    vCash
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Anyone have any details..all I heard was it was the eye doctors husband. He came in and shot her 5 times and she is in critical condition. I haven?t heard if they caught him yet though...
    Same I heard

  5. #5
    Senior Member starkvegasdawg34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Eye of the Storm
    Posts
    15,645
    vCash
    675
    They arrested his ass in the parking lot. He was begging the cops to shoot him as they were cuffing him. They probably should have taken him up on his offer. There?s a video of the arrest on FB and twitter.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    157
    vCash
    26790
    She has died according to Commercial Dispatch.

    http://www.cdispatch.com/news/article.asp?aid=63189

  7. #7
    Detriment
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9,543
    vCash
    1100
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    They arrested his ass in the parking lot. He was begging the cops to shoot him as they were cuffing him. They probably should have taken him up on his offer. There?s a video of the arrest on FB and twitter.
    Most times I prefer the perp to survive the ordeal. he now has to live with it. everyday. forever.

  8. #8
    Senior Member starkvegasdawg34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Eye of the Storm
    Posts
    15,645
    vCash
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Most times I prefer the perp to survive the ordeal. he now has to live with it. everyday. forever.
    But he gets to live... with me paying for it. Although there will be some comfort in that once he?s in Parchman he?s going to realize all those stereotypes about prison life are true. They're damn true.

  9. #9
    Detriment
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9,543
    vCash
    1100
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    But he gets to live... with me paying for it. Although there will be some comfort in that once he?s in Parchman he?s going to realize all those stereotypes about prison life are true. They're damn true.
    yep. prisons need to be self sufficient. grow your own damned food or starve. and the surplus should go to relieve the snap program.

  10. #10
    Senior Member GreenheadDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,600
    vCash
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    yep. prisons need to be self sufficient. grow your own damned food or starve. and the surplus should go to relieve the snap program.
    I agree with this. Instead of sitting inside watching tv and playing dominoes they need to be in the fields working their ass off so they can eat.

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    25
    vCash
    1100
    Parchman used to be a prison farm.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,980
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenheadDawg View Post
    I agree with this. Instead of sitting inside watching tv and playing dominoes they need to be in the fields working their ass off so they can eat.
    This would be the best crime deterrent.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,751
    vCash
    600
    Yeah... 75K per year to house this POS....

  14. #14
    Senior Member starkvegasdawg34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Eye of the Storm
    Posts
    15,645
    vCash
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenheadDawg View Post
    I agree with this. Instead of sitting inside watching tv and playing dominoes they need to be in the fields working their ass off so they can eat.
    100% agree. Either in fields providing for yourself or in a classroom bettering yourself.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,188
    vCash
    500
    When I was in middle school in the late '60's we were taken on a class trip to see life at Parchment, toured the farms, housing, saw gas chamber and electric chair. Trustees were still being used and inmates worked in the fields. Strange, but I bought a homemade knife from a trustee as they were allowed to make and sell to visitors. Trip made a real lasting impact on the class. Sure today the courts have or would make working in the fields cruel and unusual punishment.

  16. #16
    Founder of Summer's Eve
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,386
    vCash
    1181
    More states need to follow Kentucky?s lead on government programs. If you receive them and are of able body, you must work part time to continue receiving said benefits. Kentucky just passed a bill like this for Medicaid. It?s a damn good start.

  17. #17
    Senior Member msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    38,158
    vCash
    7839
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Yeah... 75K per year to house this POS....
    Sounds high

  18. #18
    Member dawg1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    37
    vCash
    500
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisi...e_Penitentiary

    Been here before. I believe they are mostly self sastained.

  19. #19
    Senior Member TUSK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    In your head.
    Posts
    7,756
    vCash
    1006
    Part of this thread reminds me of a TV news interview I saw a few years back after Alabama brought back "chain gangs"... The reporter was from somewhere "more enlightened" and "progressive" and the expose' was to show how archaic the South and this practice was...

    And when I say "chain gang", I mean that LITERALLY... a group of inmates were linked together with restraints and were picking up trash on the side of an AL HWY...

    The reporter was allowed to interview one of the inmates (he was ~18-19) and it went kinda like this (paraphrasing and truncating):

    Enlightened TV Chick: Sir, can you tell me about being on a chain gang?
    Oppressed Inmate: I ought not be on no chain, yo... I ain't no dawg...

    Enlightened TV Chick: So, what do you think about this practice and the penal system in Alabama?
    Oppressed Inmate: It makes me know I don't wanna come back here...


    #putthepenalbackinpenitentiary
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

    No.


    Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

  20. #20
    Senior Member starkvegasdawg34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Eye of the Storm
    Posts
    15,645
    vCash
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Part of this thread reminds me of a TV news interview I saw a few years back after Alabama brought back "chain gangs"... The reporter was from somewhere "more enlightened" and "progressive" and the expose' was to show how archaic the South and this practice was...

    And when I say "chain gang", I mean that LITERALLY... a group of inmates were linked together with restraints and were picking up trash on the side of an AL HWY...

    The reporter was allowed to interview one of the inmates (he was ~18-19) and it went kinda like this (paraphrasing and truncating):

    Enlightened TV Chick: Sir, can you tell me about being on a chain gang?
    Oppressed Inmate: I ought not be on no chain, yo... I ain't no dawg...

    Enlightened TV Chick: So, what do you think about this practice and the penal system in Alabama?
    Oppressed Inmate: It makes me know I don't wanna come back here...


    #putthepenalbackinpenitentiary
    Oh the horror. Prison used as a deterrent rather than slightly less comfortable living conditions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.