Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shooting at Starkville Walmart

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    It's reported that this guy was out on a felon against this woman.
    I saw that. Not sure what that was about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Yeah, I don't recall Lee mentioning race in his post. He merely said "local thugs and gangbangers", which could be anybody. Now, to assume otherwise might be racist ....
    Dude, I honestly don't know... Today's definition isn't the same as Trotsky's...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Yeah, and that's scary. What did this guy do at the hospitals? Was he a professional?
    Yes. He was a case manager where we both worked at.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Yes. He was a case manager where we both worked at.
    I'm sorry he killed his wife, but it could have been much, much worse. Sounds like he was a powder keg just waiting on the right spark.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    Racist much?
    Idiot much?
    We know who the racist is!
    Bulldogs continue domination of Ole Miss
    BY RICK CLEVELAND

vCash
    I'm sorry he killed his wife, but it could have been much, much worse. Sounds like he was a powder keg just waiting on the right spark.
    Well, both incidents it was over a woman. Not sure if it was the same one or not. Unfortunately he was a powder keg and the spark happened. Fortunately the explosion only killed one person- if you could even call that fortunate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    You need it explained?
    Yes I do, what was the meaning?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    Yes I do, what was the meaning?
    Okay...

Gang bangers? Negative, angry middle aged man.
    Local Thugs? Negative, he was from Kosciusko.
    Jump to conclusion/assumption... wrong.

Clear enough? Are you still upset we won the Gator Bowl when you were so sure we were going to lose?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Okay...

Gang bangers? Negative, angry middle aged man.
    Local Thugs? Negative, he was from Kosciusko.
    Jump to conclusion/assumption... wrong.

Clear enough? Are you still upset we won the Gator Bowl when you were so sure we were going to lose?
    This was your post: “Ahhh... First impressions. Nope just an angry middle-aged white dude from out of town.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    I figured it was too cold for the local thugs and gang bangers to be out....
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    This was your post: “Ahhh... First impressions. Nope just an angry middle-aged white dude from out of town.”
    Yes, I was responding to this from Lee which was completely wrong. It wasn't gang bangers or local thugs...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    He was definitely 17ed up in the head.
    I attempted to locate those documents to see what the charges were exactly in Attala County court documents are not on line.
    Last edited by Mimi's Babies; 01-15-2018 at 08:35 AM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I did the fieldtrip thing to Parchman in the 1990's. It was a lot more like Scared Straight. They had about 4-5 prisoners talking to us about everything that goes on in there- how they kill each other and rape each other and all of that and they showed us some shanks. Basically told us that if we ever came to prison that they would rape us. I wanted to ask the prison guard where the hell they were when all of that was going on? Of course I now understand that a lot of the guards are in on it as much as anything. Sort of like football officials at an Alabama football game.
    I've had friends and relatives in prison. They told me the only difference between the guards and the cons is that the guards get to go home at the end of their shift.

vCash
    Yes, I was responding to this from Lee which was completely wrong. It wasn't gang bangers or local thugs...
    What is your definition of thug, friend?

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    I have known Tommy (the guy who killed Dr. Witt) since I was in high school. I wasn?t close friends with him, and he was a few years older than me. But we have several mutual close friends and knew each other as acquaintances more or less.
    Yes, he had a severe mental episode back in 2012 in Madison county over his fianc?/or something leaving him. He barricaded himself in the House and SWAT had to remove him. He was never charged, but had to go through some psych Evals and other treatment. He , surprisingly, didn?t lose his license, or it may have been temporarily suspended while he got treatment. But he has worked in nursing pretty much since that all happened. He also had a couple side gigs - DJ and some kind of other odd job. He did become somewhat of an oddball after all that happened, though.
    He was back in church and always sharing videos of song specials and other things from church services on FB. He had also gotten back into getting his body healthy the past couple years - always sharing pics of before/after of his body transformation into a healthier person. Everybody was happy for him. He seemed to be doing better. But he never really seemed fully ?back?. Most of us just attributed it to the fact that people change and he had experienced some graphic mental and emotional stuff during all that from 2012.
    Just a recently as a couple weeks ago, he had posted something about someone ?special? in his life and how he was in a really great place. He was back working in Kosy, and his kids and family and friends are there. But obviously things weren?t as they appeared on the outside.
    The charges from Kosciusko that involved Dr. Witt - from what I have been told by mutual friends this weekend from KO - is that she went to his apartment/home and was trying to get her stuff and some KO d of altercation occurred. Regardless of what ?IT? was, She pressed charges against him and he was arrested for it in the middle of this past week - guessing the day it happened. The only thing that any of us can assume/guess at this time is that he either knew it would end up costing him his job/license or was told by his employer that it was going to, or he just lost it completely over the idea of losing her.......
    ....and then as a result you have Saturday?s tragic event unfold. I think given his past, more should have been done to make sure he was ?stable? after his arrest, especially being in his hometown. Somebody should have taken steps. Something needed to have been in his record that would have had authorities taken that one extra step to make sure he was alright....
    Mental health is not taken very seriously in this country. From our vets to the everyday ?joe?, we kind of just throw them to the side....and then want to talk about how much of a monster they are. True, they may have made some
    monster-esque action, and they are fully guilty for those actions/decisions - Tommy made a decision and then murdered her and he should be held fully accountable for what he did - but we also need to take a long hard look at how we are/aren?t helping people.
    Last edited by Westdawg; 01-15-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    thanks for sharing Westdawg. sad story with a sad ending. unfortunately, there's no way for these to be 100% avoidable. people are going to flip who have mental issues. family and friends can definitely help more sometimes when they know something's amiss.

Vet suicides everyday is another sad situation going on these days in our country that needs big time attention.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post
    What is your definition of thug, friend?
    He wasn’t local, buddy. And a thug is associated with a young violent criminal. I wouldn’t consider 42 to be young, pal.
    Last edited by Turfdawg67; 01-15-2018 at 05:28 PM.

vCash
    He wasn’t local, buddy.
    Don't you call him "buddy", pal!
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Thanks for sharing Westdawg. Crazy that two people that knew him, fairly well too, post here on EliteDawgs. Truly tragic and thank God if wasn’t worse.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Yeah, I was watching the story closely because several friends knew her...and then BAM 💥 there?s Tommy?s mugshot on Starkvill Daily?s FB post ?? I was stunned....my wife, not so much. She said she had always felt he wasn?t stable for a few years now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    I have known Tommy (the guy who killed Dr. Witt) since I was in high school. I wasn?t close friends with him, and he was a few years older than me. But we have several mutual close friends and knew each other as acquaintances more or less.
    Yes, he had a severe mental episode back in 2012 in Madison county over his fianc?/or something leaving him. He barricaded himself in the House and SWAT had to remove him. He was never charged, but had to go through some psych Evals and other treatment. He , surprisingly, didn?t lose his license, or it may have been temporarily suspended while he got treatment. But he has worked in nursing pretty much since that all happened. He also had a couple side gigs - DJ and some kind of other odd job. He did become somewhat of an oddball after all that happened, though.
    He was back in church and always sharing videos of song specials and other things from church services on FB. He had also gotten back into getting his body healthy the past couple years - always sharing pics of before/after of his body transformation into a healthier person. Everybody was happy for him. He seemed to be doing better. But he never really seemed fully ?back?. Most of us just attributed it to the fact that people change and he had experienced some graphic mental and emotional stuff during all that from 2012.
    Just a recently as a couple weeks ago, he had posted something about someone ?special? in his life and how he was in a really great place. He was back working in Kosy, and his kids and family and friends are there. But obviously things weren?t as they appeared on the outside.
    The charges from Kosciusko that involved Dr. Witt - from what I have been told by mutual friends this weekend from KO - is that she went to his apartment/home and was trying to get her stuff and some KO d of altercation occurred. Regardless of what ?IT? was, She pressed charges against him and he was arrested for it in the middle of this past week - guessing the day it happened. The only thing that any of us can assume/guess at this time is that he either knew it would end up costing him his job/license or was told by his employer that it was going to, or he just lost it completely over the idea of losing her.......
    ....and then as a result you have Saturday?s tragic event unfold. I think given his past, more should have been done to make sure he was ?stable? after his arrest, especially being in his hometown. Somebody should have taken steps. Something needed to have been in his record that would have had authorities taken that one extra step to make sure he was alright....
    Mental health is not taken very seriously in this country. From our vets to the everyday ?joe?, we kind of just throw them to the side....and then want to talk about how much of a monster they are. True, they may have made some
    monster-esque action, and they are fully guilty for those actions/decisions - Tommy made a decision and then murdered her and he should be held fully accountable for what he did - but we also need to take a long hard look at how we are/aren?t helping people.
    I was shocked when I saw him back not long after that incident in 2012. I'm not sure about the nursing license regulations since I'm not a nurse myself. Like I said he was a case manager- a lot of them have nursing degrees- but they mainly expedite discharge for patients. Which is how I worked with him a little bit- because when you are in rehab like myself the case managers always want to know what we recommend so that we can get the ball rolling. Case managers very rarely if ever dispense meds and things like that to patients so I'm not sure if that was a factor in him keeping his license or not at the time.

In my field if I get arrested I have to report it to the state OT board. Then there is a hearing and they decide whether to suspend/revoke/reinstate your license. I think it's kind of honor code in a way though- I'm sure there are a few people that check "no" in the have you ever been arrested before box and just hope the board doesn't find out. More than likely if they had a hearing he probably just presented the psychiatric testing showing that he was unstable and they approved him like you said.

You're spot on about mental health being underserved.