Thread: White death round 2

vCash

White death round 2

Looks like we get another shot Monday night and Tuesday as another powerful arctic front pushes through. Still a little early to talk amount or specific areas, but things are trying to shape up for another winter event. What is looking highly certain is that behind this front will be possibly the coldest air of the season. Quite likely some areas in north MS will see lows in the single digits after the passage of the front.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    How are roads up that way tonight? People I HH t with said they got a nice amount of snow up there today. Waiting until daylight to leave and make afternoon hunt. Not risking anything in the dark tonight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    How are roads up that way tonight? People I HH t with said they got a nice amount of snow up there today. Waiting until daylight to leave and make afternoon hunt. Not risking anything in the dark tonight.
    Area where u were talkin about yesterday is fine. Some snow fell but no accumulation and roads are dry and fine. Northwest of tupelo however is another story

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Here in Starkville we got very little. Roads are wet, though, which will lead to the perfect set up for patchy black ice tonight. The water on my patio table is already frozen. I would say if you?re traveling tonight anywhere north of 82 be careful. I know at one point earlier today portions of I-22 were closed due to snow and ice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Area where u were talkin about yesterday is fine. Some snow fell but no accumulation and roads are dry and fine. Northwest of tupelo however is another story
    shoeless joe, extreme northwest Ms roads are very icy and will refreeze tonight making Sat. the 13th pretty risky....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oldjoedawg View Post
    shoeless joe, extreme northwest Ms roads are very icy and will refreeze tonight making Sat. the 13th pretty risky....
    I think he was just talking about going to Aberdeen, which should be fine. Pretty cold though to be stomping around in the woods.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    Looks like we get another shot Monday night and Tuesday as another powerful arctic front pushes through. Still a little early to talk amount or specific areas, but things are trying to shape up for another winter event. What is looking highly certain is that behind this front will be possibly the coldest air of the season. Quite likely some areas in north MS will see lows in the single digits after the passage of the front.
    Didn't you have single digits last week?

We didn't get very much here at all. No freezing rain, but some liquid rain early on, then a 30 degree drop with snow showers off and on starting around noon and still happening to a degree. Only accumulation is white rooftops, at least in my neighborhood.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Didn't you have single digits last week?

We didn't get very much here at all. No freezing rain, but some liquid rain early on, then a 30 degree drop with snow showers off and on starting around noon and still happening to a degree. Only accumulation is white rooftops, at least in my neighborhood.
    I know extreme northern MS had something single digits but here in Vegas I think we stayed around 13. This time our area has a chance at single digits. Still a hair too early to tell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    I know extreme northern MS had something single digits but here in Vegas I think we stayed around 13. This time our area has a chance at single digits. Still a hair too early to tell.
    I think we here had two or three nights in singles, with the lowest being 6 at my house. Some spots were close to 0 though.

This is getting a little old ... played golf yesterday afternoon for the first time in over a month. Top Golf is open now, and they have heated bays, but I've heard still not "warm". I haven't been yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I think he was just talking about going to Aberdeen, which should be fine. Pretty cold though to be stomping around in the woods.
    Aberdeen should be fine although watch out for black ice. There is bound to be some on the roads. It was wet and it froze quick.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Alright. Thanks. It?s closer to armory than Aberdeen. They said it snowed from 1-5 pm and was a few inches. Was just worried about the roads. They should be fine mid day tomorrow when I?m passing through.

vCash
    Is this the blast coming out of Siberia?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUMatt View Post
    Is this the blast coming out of Siberia?
    Don?t think that far, but extreme northern Canada. I have some black ice on my patio in Starkville, so take care if driving this morning...particularly areas to the north and west.

vCash
    Drove around a little last night north of Aberdeen, the highways were fine but the bridges on the county roads had some ice on them. What little snow we had fell, melted, and re froze on the bridges.

vCash
    I did not notice any ice on my drive to my clinic in West Point this morning. I'm going to keep an eye on this other system though, because I am scheduled to work at a clinic in Tupelo Tuesday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    I did not notice any ice on my drive to my clinic in West Point this morning. I'm going to keep an eye on this other system though, because I am scheduled to work at a clinic in Tupelo Tuesday.
    Right now this system is forecast to max out at an inch of snow, but the NWS mentioned that dynamics may be setting up for that to be enough to cause roads to possibly ice over. (Think GA a coupe years ago when a couple inches of snow turned immediately to ice on the roads and made them a skating rink. Still got s few days to watch this, though.

vCash
    Global warming

vCash
    Al Gore says stay warm.