beating UCONN gave us the most national exposure MSU has gotten since 2014 & no telling how many years before that. I would think that being a national power in WBB, even if it loses money on paper, would bring in money in ways that are unseen (new fans, enrollment, keeping fans engaged w/ MSU athletics while other sports flounder).

I imagine there are a lot of young women right now growing up watching Vic's teams that will be lifelong MSU fans & potentially students solely b/c we are so successful in a sport that they feel connected to. I know a young girl from an OM family who can name every player, goes to games, interacts with our players. Not saying she becomes a lifelong fan & student but no way she'd be interested in MSU for any other reason. Through women's basketball we are reaching a potential fanbase that football, baseball, & MBB couldn't reach no matter how successful.

Not saying we should just throw money at the program, b/c we have to budget smarter than the rest of the SEC, but I don't think you can evaluate the return on investment in our WBB program just by ticket sales & what's on paper.