Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Men's B-Ball Team

vCash

Men's B-Ball Team

At present we have 8 Four-star players and 2 three-star players.

From a pure talent standpoint that is probably the most talented (on paper) team that we have fielded in basketball in well over a decade.

Howland was pretty successful at his two stops before MSU but while at UCLA (towards the end of his tenure there) there was a lot of smoke regarding lack of discipline on the team.

Are we seeing that continue here? Is that maybe why our team hasn't come together? I just don't know if I can believe that Howland has suddenly lost his ability to coach....unless he has lost control of his players.

vCash
    Low basketball iq.

Supposedly talented players can't shoot. We are last in the league in 3 point percentage and free throw percentage. Pretty simple really.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Low basketball iq.

Supposedly talented players can't shoot. We are last in the league in 3 point percentage and free throw percentage. Pretty simple really.
    Except according to most we could shoot last year but we can't this year.

vCash
    Howland needs to make some lineup and rotation changes. It will lead to a couple of transfers but that's the nature of college basketball and we have 3 good recruits coming in.

Need to start:

G: Nick
    G: Q
    SF: X
    PF: Holman
    C: Ado

These 5 guys are our best 5 players. Barring foul trouble they need to play the majority of the minutes!! Bring in Datcher for frontcourt rest. Bring in Tyson Carter for backcourt rest. That's it. Don't play anyone else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Howland needs to make some lineup and rotation changes. It will lead to a couple of transfers but that's the nature of college basketball and we have 3 good recruits coming in.

Need to start:

G: Nick
    G: Q
    SF: X
    PF: Holman
    C: Ado

These 5 guys are our best 5 players. Barring foul trouble they need to play the majority of the minutes!! Bring in Datcher for frontcourt rest. Bring in Tyson Carter for backcourt rest. That's it. Don't play anyone else.
    Done with peters, eh?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Done with peters, eh?
    I'm afraid so.

vCash
    I'm afraid so.
    Week off may be good for him. I do not want to be done completely though

vCash
    Week off may be good for him. I do not want to be done completely though
    Yeah, maybe some time off to get his head straight. 17% from 3. 30% from the field. 57% from the foul line. 44 assist, 33 turnovers. Plus he had the 3 game suspension. And I just don't like his body language.

Turn over the Point to Nick.

vCash

Turn over the Point to Nick.
    I want more nick at point. I cannot stand Q at the point.

vCash
    The fact we even have to run Q at the point is a problem

vCash
    We need someone to take this team by the balls and lead. Think Jamont Gordon or Craig Sword. Preferably it should be Q but his biggest weakness is leadership. He’s a talented kid but he is no leader. That’s what this team is missing is player leadership.

vCash
    Nick should be the PG now and in the future.

vCash
    Q is an offguard in a 3 gaurd set. Carter is a 2, but he’s not strong enough. Nick is a 1.

We need a stud at 2 and one more big that can score inside out to rotate in a 3/4 man rotation with Ado, Holman, and Datch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    We need someone to take this team by the balls and lead. Think Jamont Gordon or Craig Sword. Preferably it should be Q but his biggest weakness is leadership. He’s a talented kid but he is no leader. That’s what this team is missing is player leadership.
    Q can’t finish at the rim and is basically the same player he was as a freshman.

Best way to dramatically improve this team is to Show the door to Peters & Stapleton. See ya!!! Piss poor attitudes and “me first” type players kill locker rooms.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Q is an offguard in a 3 gaurd set. Carter is a 2, but he’s not strong enough. Nick is a 1.

We need a stud at 2 and one more big that can score inside out to rotate in a 3/4 man rotation with Ado, Holman, and Datch.
    As odd as it sounds, the kids we have coming in fit all of those needs. DJ Stewart is a 6’6” SG that has unlimited range. Woodard has great length and is a big 6’6” kid we could put at the SF and Reggie Perry is a 6’8” 240 Big that rebounds,passes, and can score at every level. We are addressing our needs but it would be great to get a grad transfer PG to help lead this team.

vCash
    Also I would like to point out second straight game with Q with 5 turnovers and he had another WTF pass to no one like he did against Ole Miss last night as well. Long story short, Q is not a PG.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Low basketball iq.

? I agree w the low bb. We had some pretty good 3 pt shooting against the early low quality teams. Why aren't they falling now?

vCash
    We havent shot the ball well all year
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We havent shot the ball well all year
    This has to be the Arc bullshit that Howland has talked about and we haven’t put in the time to really work with the machine in practice to really improve our shooting so it’s gone to halfassedness. I say this with all sincerity I have never seen in basketball where so many players on a team have regressed so much in shooting in one year. Several (Q, Carter) have dropped ten points, one (Peters) has dropped 20 points! This is freaking ridiculous. Heck, if we are just shooting from the perimeter at the clip we did last year, we are 15-1 and even win that game last night.

vCash
    Those wanting Stapleton starting. What are his stats for the year? I just don’t get the love for him at all.