Thread: Xavian Stapleton

Banned
    vCash

Xavian Stapleton

perhaps adds more than we thought. We looked like dog shit tonight. Only one player missing if you don't count Herard's 4 fouls and 6 turnovers. Ball out next game X.

vCash
    Why didn't he play?

vCash
    Disturbing the peace arrest. Hess and some home cooking calls got the romp going though. They had no answer for Holman and Ado early. So how do they fix that? We stop going to them inside and Holman fouls out in 16 minutes. It is worth noting when Holman fouled out it was a three point game.

vCash
    I’ll also point out that when Ado got in foul trouble against Ole Miss and when Holman fouled out at Florida it changed both of those games. On the road we can’t expect to get the calls we do at home. Driving to the basket on Saturday will achieve the results we want however.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    I’ll also point out that when Ado got in foul trouble against Ole Miss and when Holman fouled out at Florida it changed both of those games. On the road we can’t expect to get the calls we do at home. Driving to the basket on Saturday will achieve the results we want however.
    Foul trouble in both games... sounds like we better learn to win without them

vCash
    I've been very critical of him lately but I love X, he's my favorite kind of player (energy/enforcer) besides a skilled post player. He undoubtedly helps this team, evidenced by both last night and by the fact that Howland isn't stupid and he wouldn't play if he wasn't helping. But his contribution would be so much more positive if he'd stop taking the braindead 3's and otherwise tough NBA-type jumpers and fadeaways when there's a better opportunity to pass. I think he honestly believes he's a Kobe-esque swing man and that he needs to prove it. These tendencies obviously aren't enough to negate his positive contribution because, again, Howland isn't stupid and he wouldn't play otherwise. But he'd be so much more valuable if he'd accept his role instead of trying to be something he's not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    On the road, I agree. At home, it’s a different story. Averaging 19 fouls on the road vs 11 at Home.

vCash
    On the road, I agree. At home, it’s a different story. Averaging 19 fouls on the road vs 11 at Home.
    This is why I hate college basketball. The officials give such a huge home court advantage that's is damn ridiculous. Destroys the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    That was what did us in. It will be tough for them to stay out of it on the road. I think they both had two offensive fouls. That would be helped if we would run some semblance of a half court offense.

vCash
    The early calls of the game were indicative of the final outcome. One of the refs could barely jaunt down the floor, yet was calling bullshit all night.

Did X even travel with the team? I somehow missed the disturbing the peace situation.
    Last edited by KentuckyDawg13; 01-11-2018 at 10:03 AM. Reason: found links

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    That was what did us in. It will be tough for them to stay out of it on the road. I think they both had two offensive fouls. That would be helped if we would run some semblance of a half court offense.
    We were actually going inside early against Florida and it was working. Ado even had 12/10. If Holman hadn’t fouled out in 16 minutes of playing time last night at least the game would have been competitive. We can do very similar things with Auburn as well and IMO it will be more effective because we will be at home. One of the bigger positives from last night was we were 5-7 from the freethrow line. We desperately need to improve those numbers and when we get wide open shots on the road we have to make them.

vCash
    X did not travel. All you will be able to find is that he turned himself in after learning there was a warrant for his arrest for disturbing the peace. He made bail and was immediately released. If anyone knows why the warrant was out there they ain’t talking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyDawg13 View Post
    The early calls of the game were indicative of the final outcome. One of the refs could barely jaunt down the floor, yet was calling bullshit all night.

Did X even travel with the team? I somehow missed the disturbing the peace situation. Is there a link, not CL?
    Nope X didn’t travel with the team. Was a one game suspension.

vCash
    free-Singleton--let's see if he can score--

vCash
    Ado and Holman each had two fouls setting screens on set plays in the half court. They both played well last night minus foul trouble.

For all the talk about lack of post play, its our guard play (which was supposed to carry us) that has sucked. Carter and peters have been stone cold.

Also, I did think our shot selection was much better last night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Ado and Holman each had two fouls setting screens on set plays in the half court. They both played well last night minus foul trouble.

For all the talk about lack of post play, its our guard play (which was supposed to carry us) that has sucked. Carter and peters have been stone cold.

Also, I did think our shot selection was much better last night.
    Those weren’t moving screens btw.

vCash
    That blocking foul that fouled Holman out was terrible! He was well outside the arch with both feet planted and arms straight up. He got ran over and called for a block. Pitiful! Whatever teams survive SEC play and make it to the tourney are gonna have fun playing games with real officials. That's why Florida and SC did so well last year in the tourney.

vCash
    Disturbing the peace arrest. Hess and some home cooking calls got the romp going though. They had no answer for Holman and Ado early. So how do they fix that? We stop going to them inside and Holman fouls out in 16 minutes. It is worth noting when Holman fouled out it was a three point game.
    The last 2 fouls on Holman were pretty crappy. Seemed to me fouls on our end just didn't get called on other end. Holman best example.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    I've been very critical of him lately but I love X, he's my favorite kind of player (energy/enforcer) besides a skilled post player. He undoubtedly helps this team, evidenced by both last night and by the fact that Howland isn't stupid and he wouldn't play if he wasn't helping. But his contribution would be so much more positive if he'd stop taking the braindead 3's and otherwise tough NBA-type jumpers and fadeaways when there's a better opportunity to pass. I think he honestly believes he's a Kobe-esque swing man and that he needs to prove it. These tendencies obviously aren't enough to negate his positive contribution because, again, Howland isn't stupid and he wouldn't play otherwise. But he'd be so much more valuable if he'd accept his role instead of trying to be something he's not.

Your crictism of Stapleton was more than justified. His 30 footer in a 1 point game @ Ole Miss with 25 seconds left on the shot clock tells you all you need to know about him. Stupid fouls, poor shot selection, the way he carries himself on the court, etc. Not good

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    free-Singleton--let's see if he can score--
    I agree with this. In limited minutes Singleton is shooting 69% from 2 and 57% from 3. Granted it's only 13 shots and 7 from 3 but on a team full of guys struggling to find the ocean it can't hurt to give him a longer look. He's tall and athletic. Feazell needs more minutes too.