Before gauging improvement, you have to consider that most, if not all, of our players' shots were undeniably tinkered with. It's the only way to explain multiple players seeing a significant drop in their 3pt%'s from last year. It remains to be seen if that was a positive long-term coaching move or not; definitely a poor one just considering the short-term in hindsight. Holman is much improved for it, everyone else is significantly worse as of now.

In my opinion, not considering the growing pains from the assumed shot alterations:

Q has improved marginally, as is the minimum expected from sophomore to junior year.

I think Peters is trapped in his own head as a result of the NBA talk resulting from a single good camp. Hard to know how much blame to assign elsewhere for his regression.

I think Carter has improved significantly. He's driving inside and getting buckets when the opportunity presents itself, while he almost exclusively spotted up around the perimeter last year.

X is X and that's not going to change.

Holman seems to be marginally better working inside.

Herard, before transferring, appeared to regress, but his career high points are based on just a handful of solid games last year. May just not have been a D1-caliber player.

Datcher appears to have improved marginally inside and has shown flashes of finding a 15-foot jumper.

Wright appears to be about the same. Inconsistent in all areas with big swings.

So outside of the shooting woes and extenuating circumstances, it seems to me like our returning players have in fact, for the most part, improved marginally. I also think if the assumed shot work had paid off in the best possible way, we wouldn't be having this conversation.