Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48

Thread: Re- Hire Richard Williams - How old is he?

  1. #21
    Senior Member Dawg61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Gold, Mississippi
    Posts
    17,654
    vCash
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    You think the melt is bad now, wait until march when western ky and stands are dancing.
    Stands will get knocked out by Kermit before securing the auto bid.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,968
    vCash
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Man the melt for basketball in unbelievable. We were up ten on Ole Miss with nine minutes left. We win that game we are currently ranked top 25. Think about that for a bit before you go off and fire the best recruiter we have ever had in basketball. Settle the **** down. We had Herard quit and Stapleton get suspended plus some atrocious officiating vs Florida that put us in serious foul trouble down low with already two guys missing. Howland needs to start trusting and playing Datcher and Feazell more minutes. Hoopsdawg he has to give guys minutes or they get butthurt and transfer middle of the season like Herard. Your 8 man rotation doesn't happen till tournament time.
    Who has recruited better, us or UK? Then why did UK only play 7 in their last game? Why does Kansas only play 7.

    Keglar was 2nd on our team in minutes and he transferred anyway.

  3. #23
    Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    3,372
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Who has recruited better, us or UK? Then why did UK only play 7 in their last game? Why does Kansas only play 7.

    Keglar was 2nd on our team in minutes and he transferred anyway.
    The reason for the Kegler and Newman transfers was two words. Omhar Carter. We are done with him now.
    No Signature

  4. #24
    General Public Political Hack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    General Public
    Posts
    14,914
    vCash
    4548
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    We are 329th in the country in 3 point shooting.
    Ouch.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,229
    vCash
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Omhar Carter.
    Who is that? One of those AAU pimps?

  6. #26
    Senior Member Dawg61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Gold, Mississippi
    Posts
    17,654
    vCash
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Who has recruited better, us or UK? Then why did UK only play 7 in their last game? Why does Kansas only play 7.
    Of those 7 for both those teams probably at least 4 will get drafted. Howland gets us 4 NBA players outta our first 7 you can have your mini-team. Till then we have to develop all our players not just the starters. You don't develop players by not playing them ever.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    6,736
    vCash
    483
    Falling to Ole Miss at the end was the big hurt. We can overcome it. I like the direction we're headed in as we are finally competitive. I refuse to go back to the past. Glory days are great, but today is happening.

  8. #28
    Senior Member starkvegasdawg34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Eye of the Storm
    Posts
    15,641
    vCash
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Man the melt for basketball in unbelievable. We were up ten on Ole Miss with nine minutes left. We win that game we are currently ranked top 25. Think about that for a bit before you go off and fire the best recruiter we have ever had in basketball. Settle the **** down. We had Herard quit and Stapleton get suspended plus some atrocious officiating vs Florida that put us in serious foul trouble down low with already two guys missing. Howland needs to start trusting and playing Datcher and Feazell more minutes. Hoopsdawg he has to give guys minutes or they get butthurt and transfer middle of the season like Herard. Your 8 man rotation doesn't happen till tournament time.
    If my aunt has balls then she would be my uncle. I?m getting tired of the excuses. What chaps me the most are fundamentals. Can?t hit a FT if our life delenses on it and all we shoot on offense are three pointers and it?s alrready been shown how inept we are at that.

  9. #29
    General Public Political Hack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    General Public
    Posts
    14,914
    vCash
    4548
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkernhelldawg View Post
    Falling to Ole Miss at the end was the big hurt. We can overcome it. I like the direction we're headed in as we are finally competitive. I refuse to go back to the past. Glory days are great, but today is happening.
    MSU coaches should’ve learned one thing from Mullen, if you beat Ole Miss you’ll be ok. If you don’t, the fans will want you gone. AK owns Howland. That has to stop now. If it doesn’t, we’ll be in the market for a new coach soon.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,968
    vCash
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Of those 7 for both those teams probably at least 4 will get drafted. Howland gets us 4 NBA players outta our first 7 you can have your mini-team. Till then we have to develop all our players not just the starters. You don't develop players by not playing them ever.
    Yeah, you just don't get it. But then again, you want nick singleton to get more minutes.

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,979
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    I'm being serious.
    These players are overrated for one thing. This needs to be addressed with the ranking services.

    The biggest problem in Men's college basketball is the officiating. It has ruined the game, period.

    I guess Howland had top 50 talent at UCLA. We d9nt have anything close to that, apparently.

    This level of the sport is in really bad shape.


    ETA -Richard Williams should be on the coaching staff. I do believe he would help us. Let Howland recruit 'em and Richard coach 'em.
    Last edited by Bothrops; 01-12-2018 at 03:25 PM.

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    6,736
    vCash
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Stands will get knocked out by Kermit before securing the auto bid.
    We'll see. Maybe he can coach.

  13. #33
    Detriment
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9,539
    vCash
    1100
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    These players are overrated for one thing. This needs to be addressed with the ranking services.

    The biggest problem in Men's college basketball is the officiating. It has ruined the game, period.

    I guess Howland had top 50 talent at UCLA. We d9nt have anything close to that, apparently.

    This level of the sport is in really bad shape.


    ETA -Richard Williams should be on the coaching staff. I do believe he would help us. Let Howland recruit 'em and Richard coach 'em.
    tons of shit wrong with your post. tons.

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    372
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I am being patient as well but the Rick Ray shit show is making the time table really short. I am sorry but no one can convince me things are better now then they were with Stands. Actually things were better then. I hope it turns around fast.
    Gotta disagree with this BIG TIME! Stans left our program as a dumpster ablaze. Howland hasn't had 12 years to make a fair comparison...comparing the two at this point is nonsensical.

    It is fair to say that Howland has not had the success that Stans had over his whole career at MSU as long as you put a big "yet" at the end of that statement.

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    6,736
    vCash
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by MCsMGs View Post
    Gotta disagree with this BIG TIME! Stans left our program as a dumpster ablaze. Howland hasn't had 12 years to make a fair comparison...comparing the two at this point is nonsensical.

    It is fair to say that Howland has not had the success that Stans had over his whole career at MSU as long as you put a big "yet" at the end of that statement.
    For the record, Stans had a winning record vs. every team in the SECW and most teams in the SECE. It's just a fact.

  16. #36
    Senior Member thf24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,666
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkernhelldawg View Post
    For the record, Stans had a winning record vs. every team in the SECW and most teams in the SECE. It's just a fact.
    About half the SEC in any given year was dogshit throughout Stansbury's tenure. Not so much anymore.
    Last edited by thf24; 01-12-2018 at 04:11 PM.

  17. #37
    Senior Member I_Spy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    383
    vCash
    500
    Now weeeeeee Are the dogshit
    Resident Spell Caster

  18. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    3,763
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    About half the SEC in any given year was dogshit throughout Stansbury's tenure. Not so much anymore.
    The league sucked howlands first two years. This year is to be determined.

  19. #39
    Detriment
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9,539
    vCash
    1100
    we are the total joke / suck of SEC men's hoops. Howland sucks and so do our players. the sooner we realize that, the better.

  20. #40
    Senior Member thf24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,666
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    The league sucked howlands first two years. This year is to be determined.
    It wasn't great Howland's first two years but it's become more consistent. Throughout the 2000's, almost every team was either a tournament team or one those teams should beat. Over the past 5-6 years, the ceiling has dropped but the floor has come up too. There are more teams the top has to watch out for, particularly on the road.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.