Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wintry weather possible Friday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Presumably the ? is inches, not feet.

That would be pretty light ... it's not a big deal if it's all snow. Last time the models missed the snow totals by a large margin though.
    Indeed they did. I?ll try to update later tonight but no promises. The flu has laid the smack down on our house. My son just tested positive and both my daughter and myself are exhibiting classic symptoms. I just found my good friend Mr. NyQuil and I hope to go nighty night here shortly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    Indeed they did. I?ll try to update later tonight but no promises. The flu has laid the smack down on our house. My son just tested positive and both my daughter and myself are exhibiting classic symptoms. I just found my good friend Mr. NyQuil and I hope to go nighty night here shortly.
    Get some Mucinex D also. Good stuff for over the counter. Your doc may have something better by prescription.

vCash
    Get some Mucinex D also. Good stuff for over the counter. Your doc may have something better by prescription.
    Tamiflu for everybody.

vCash
    I don't know if you can believe their maps down to the millimeter, but TWC seems to have moved the freezing rain/snow line a bit south.

vCash
    I don't know if you can believe their maps down to the millimeter, but TWC seems to have moved the freezing rain/snow line a bit south.
    As is typical with winter weather events, everything has to line up perfectly for it to happen here. It?s just hard to keep temps below freezing with enough moisture in the atmosphere to fall.

vCash
    Any updates for us northern dawgs, Vegas?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by huffy View Post
    Any updates for us northern dawgs, Vegas?
    The Weather Channel uses the same models as everybody else. Looks like extreme north and northwest Miss. will get some snow, but probably light ... just an inch or two. It'll be heavier the farther north you go into western Tennessee and Arkansas.

Little to no snow in N. Alabama but may get some freezing rain.

Vegas can now give his opinion.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Appreciate the updates. Will be loading up the hunting gear when I get home from work. Fingers crossed the ice stays north.

vCash
    Prayers for a speedy recovery Vegas....

vCash
    Looks like the worst will start at the TN line and go north. NWS has removed all mention of wintry precipitation for Starkville area. Most of north MS is under a winter weather advisory for up to 1in of snow and sleet.