Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Toyota-Mazda plant to be in Huntsville

vCash

OT: Toyota-Mazda plant to be in Huntsville

According to al.com, Huntsville has been chosen to be the home of the new Toyota-Mazda plant with about 4000 employees. It will be in Limestone County, but in the Huntsville city limits, near the Polaris manufacturing plant, the Target distribution center, and not far from the new Lockheed facility and FedEx ground.

This is a huge shot in the arm of an already rapidly growing economy in north Alabama. It will also complement the existing Toyota plants in Huntsville and near Tupelo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    According to al.com, Huntsville has been chosen to be the home of the new Toyota-Mazda plant with about 4000 employees. It will be in Limestone County, but in the Huntsville city limits, near the Polaris manufacturing plant, the Target distribution center, and not far from the new Lockheed facility and FedEx ground.

This is a huge shot in the arm of an already rapidly growing economy in north Alabama. It will also complement the existing Toyota plants in Huntsville and near Tupelo.
    makes sense. anti-Union state but a locality with ample brain power and infrastructure. tough mix to find these days. and no direct local competition for talent, which modern businesses can't stand outside of Silicon Valley (which is its own beast).

vCash
    Wish they had gone to Starkville, or at least the Golden Triangle.

Banned
    vCash
    Awesome watching MSU people celebrate economic development of other places at the expense of Mississippi. Similar to watching Raekwon Davis win the national title last night. Yay Alabama!!!

vCash
    Also gives Bama another option to hire a parent of a recruit
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5049 View Post
    Awesome watching MSU people celebrate economic development of other places at the expense of Mississippi. Similar to watching Raekwon Davis win the national title last night. Yay Alabama!!!
    The OP is a long time resident of the area I believe. He should be celebrating. Hopefully that will lead to a few more Toyota suppliers in NE MS. We are starting to get quite the Toyota connection. I DO wish it had been at Blue Springs, there were rumors for a while.

vCash
    A lot of the southern states lobby for each other for new industry such as this. A rising tide raises all boats sort of thing. While MS may not have gotten the plant, we could possibly get suppliers and subcontractors. If nothing else it shows future potential factory builders that this region has the capability to operate such facilities and makes the area more atttactive. I know AL was helping us lobby for the Toyota plant in Blue Springs and we probably helped AL lobby for this plant. That said, if a MS site was bidding on the factory none of our officials would be going to bat for AL or vice versa, but once any sites in our state were removed from consideration, we then throw our support behind the southern areas still be considered. If your area doesn?t get the plant, you?d rather your neighbor get it than it go to PA or other distant place.

vCash
    Just saw a new power plant was going in near the coast. Thank you Trump for a friendly business climate.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Trump sure has helped current climate, but these plans have been in works for years. Trump's policies will be noticable in about 2 years from now. Obama's turn around on the market was helped by W and W Congress on their way out. Obama, even though people will argue, helped us diversify on alt energy and helped foster some technologies that are driving right now. The steady climb from the recession set a foundation, Trump's tax policy will hopefully be like throwing gas on a steady fire the next couple of years. All that to say, the market is not different overnight cause DTrump is there. I will give Trump credit on ending some bullshit red tape that hinders progress. He should probably keep some regulations like net neutrality and protecting federal lands, but hey threating to end trade deals unless we get a better than fair shake is probably the best thing a Republican President has said in 40 years. I am still not sure what the tax impact will be for normal folks, I fear really nothing if not a negative on my taxes, but getting cash flowing in from out of country piggy Banks is rarely a bad thing.

Now if MS can get a bond passed this next year or at least fund education at the level the law states, then we will be cooking.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    You forgot to include Obama getting us to all pee together with the rest of his "accomplishments".

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    You forgot to include Obama getting us to all pee together with the rest of his "accomplishments".
    Well since Americans cannot control themselves when someone brings up a political point of view, including myself. My post was complimentary to both parties because in truth both parties have maneuvered this country towards our economic bull market we are seeing right now. To say otherwise would be the definition of fake facts and strictly head in sand mentality.

As far as the peeing.

Well some people say you are born with a penis or not, and then you should use the restroom that matches that description. Some people believe people are free in this country and believe that maybe you should be able to choose which gender you identify with. There are also arguments that some people may not be comfortable with a "man" in a women's restroom or vice versa. Men that identify as women, look like women, and dress like women have that right. They also have the right not to feel anxiety of looking like a man and walking into a women's restroom. All arguments are understandable. Obama seemed to come down on the freedom and rights of the minority group. Why? Maybe because by being the minority, their rights as Americans are easily overshadowed by the people that would write this unprompted, "You forgot to include Obama getting us to all pee together with the rest of his "accomplishments"."

The problem with liberals is that they only focus on minorities, black lives matter, occupy wall street, planned parenthood, Medicare, etc. Liberals should spend 50% of their time advocating for the other 75% of americans. The problem with conservatives is they want the government out of your life completely, unless it is something they feel the government should control like birth control, abortion, and suppressing voter registrations. Conservatives should fight to limit any and all involvement in what Americans choose to do, including abortion, birth control, and transgender restroom choices.

That is how I see it.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    A lot of us MSU alum live in Madison county. If you want to look at it another way, this will employee more MSU people who can donate back to the university. Gotta look on the bright side.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dparker View Post
    A lot of us MSU alum live in Madison county. If you want to look at it another way, this will employee more MSU people who can donate back to the university. Gotta look on the bright side.
    I think the Huntsville/Decatur Alumni Association has >2500 members. Just guessing, it's probably the place closest to the university that employs the most engineers. And many of them are MSU grads.

vCash
    My son has some Toyota connections. He is following this with great interest.

vCash
    I've heard Georgia was in the lead until the very last second...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostPositive View Post
    +1

vCash
    I think Georgia is about to go all in on the new Amazon headquarters. We will see what happens there.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I think Georgia is about to go all in on the new Amazon headquarters. We will see what happens there.
    I'd be shocked if Amazon did NOT pick Atlanta. They really shouldn't, but they will. Logistically, Jackson has been mentioned as the best overall location, but we know that will never happen.

vCash
    No, it was North Carolina. Only Alabama and NC made the final cut a couple months ago.

The Atlanta area is aiming for the new Amazon headquarters, and may get it. There's not an area in Mississippi or Alabama that meets their criteria.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoplectic View Post
    Just saw a new power plant was going in near the coast. Thank you Trump for a friendly business climate.
    Link?