Thread: Thread created just to make shotguns blood pressure go up.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash

Thread created just to make shotguns blood pressure go up.

Sports illustrated has Auburn at #5 in the way to early poll...guess where they have State?
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Just saw it.

My hope is that this upsets others more than me.

vCash
    How do you rank a team number 5 while citing the need to "replace key contributors in the running game and on defense" without any possible names to offer? Nice job making the ranking first then writing the synopses with no effort to correlate the two.

vCash
    Wow. That's a shit poll. LSU at #14 is waaaaay too high. The LSU of Saban and Miles is about to be obliterated by O. Us not being at least #25 is a joke. A&M in the top 25 at this point makes no sense. I guess Jimbo just gives them a top 25 spot b/c of his name.

vCash
    Hell, yes we return a lot but we didn't beat UGA and Alabama in back to back weeks and play for an SEC championship. #5 is probably too high but I don't understand how our fans don't get the fact that we aren't going to get the benefit of the doubt until we start beating the Alabamas and UGAs of the world. Looking back at this season who did we beat that turned out to be really good? A watered down LSU at home, a terrible TAMU, and a terrible Arky. We beat an above average Lville team that didn't beat anyone in the reg season and lost to an Ole Miss team that was garbage.

We had our shot to beat a couple of really good teams and couldn't get it done. Yes, we almost beat Bama but almost doesn't count and got blasted by UGA and Auburn. Hopefully Joe will find a way to win some of big time games. Until then you can expect more of the same Aubie/bama love.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    Hell, yes we return a lot but we didn't beat UGA and Alabama in back to back weeks and play for an SEC championship. #5 is probably too high but I don't understand how our fans don't get the fact that we aren't going to get the benefit of the doubt until we start beating the Alabamas and UGAs of the world. Looking back at this season who did we beat that turned out to be really good? A watered down LSU at home, a terrible TAMU, and a terrible Arky. We beat an above average Lville team that didn't beat anyone in the reg season and lost to an Ole Miss team that was garbage.

We had our shot to beat a couple of really good teams and couldn't get it done. Yes, we almost beat Bama but almost doesn't count and got blasted by UGA and Auburn. Hopefully Joe will find a way to win some of big time games. Until then you can expect more of the same Aubie/bama love.
    This is for next year... not this year. Auburn loses both running backs and there entire o-line. What in the world would cause them to be ranked inside the top 15 other than name recognition?
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    This tells me our vegas win total next year will be set at 6.5.

I profit aGAIN!

vCash

How many people in the top 25 had a better resume than us this year? LSU, Louisville, and blowout victories over other bowl teams is about as good as most people in the 15-25 range.

I certainly don't expect us to get a lot of preseason hype, but how lazy do you have to be to not at least look at the current top 25 and glance over teh roster to see who is coming back?

vCash

While your overall theme is correct the problem, as I see it, is that we get punished for not beating the top 2 teams on the country while others get rewarding simply for never having to play them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    While your overall theme is correct the problem, as I see it, is that we get punished for not beating the top 2 teams on the country while others get rewarding simply for never having to play them.
    Yep,agree with you there. Of our 4 losses, 3 were to the 2 teams playing for the NC and the third was to the team that beat both of them lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldsleeve Jr. View Post
    This tells me our vegas win total next year will be set at 6.5.

I profit aGAIN!
    If they set it at 6.5 - I'll even place bet. That's easy money.

vCash

Even if that's true we still beat a few of the teams ranked in front of us and we have way more coming back.

vCash
    Way to EARLY... Preacher Matt.