Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OK Coach

vCash

OK Coach

If you're Saban what do you do with M Brown. Bama #48, this week.

1. Kick him off the team.
    2. Suspend him
    3. Bull in the ring him till he pukes.

Remember, he punches an opposing player then goes off on a coach on the sidelines.

vCash
    Hell he made the tackle on the very next Bama kick off. Apparently it doesn't matter to Saban.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Hell he made the tackle on the very next Bama kick off. Apparently it doesn't matter to Saban.
    This. Saban don't care as long as you can play and help him win.

vCash
    Has he had any discipline problems before last night? If yes- I send him packing

If no- I talk to the coach he had the problem with and ask what happened. I see what the coach wants done. If the coach wants him gone- I send him packing. If not- I bring him in and explain how the behavior will not be tolerated in our program. He better be damn glad his teammates grabbed him and saved his college career. Then I explain to him how he will wake up at 5am and meet one of the asst strength coaches for extra work for the next 21 days if he wants to remain in the program.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Saban had no idea what happened
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Has he had any discipline problems before last night? If yes- I send him packing

If no- I talk to the coach he had the problem with and ask what happened. I see what the coach wants done. If the coach wants him gone- I send him packing. If not- I bring him in and explain how the behavior will not be tolerated in our program. He better be damn glad his teammates grabbed him and saved his college career. Then I explain to him how he will wake up at 5am and meet one of the asst strength coaches for extra work for the next 21 days if he wants to remain in the program.
    An excellent way to handle it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    If you're Saban what do you do with M Brown. Bama #48, this week.

1. Kick him off the team.
    2. Suspend him
    3. Bull in the ring him till he pukes.

Remember, he punches an opposing player then goes off on a coach on the sidelines.
    Wonder how many here know what bull in the ring is
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Old School buddy. Played HS back in the 70's. Had a coach who was a 5ft 7in linebacker for MC. Called him Booger Red. Mean bastard. I wouldn't have graduated some of the army's hardest schools and unit if it wasn't for him. Yes I ran till I puked but was ingrained in me to never quit/

vCash

I'll give guys a little bit of a benefit of the doubt when it comes to crazy emotions in games. The head slap was something that happens all the time. The guy was too keyed up - but we don't know what triggered the emotion on the sideline. The coach could have easily called him a dumb MF'er and an already keyed up kid let the emotions get the better of him. Shit happens - and it happens in all programs. I'm one of the more docile people you will ever meet, but people who saw me on the baseball field know I can be a very different person in game and be an over aggressive, in your face ass on the diamond. If you were a middle infielder, you better hope you didn't piss me off because I would come at you spikes flying on a play at 2B.

vCash
    Graduated high school in 2005. We did it weekly.
    WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING?!?

vCash
    Good topic of discussion for any sport. It is one thing to get after it, it is another to let your emotions get in the way of your play/disrespect your coach. I don't give a damn how pissed off you are you don't jump your coach like that. That shows a lack of maturity and a lack of an ability to control your emotions both look bad to scouts primarily speaking from a baseball point of view but I would think the same applies in football.

Several guys I played with were more than talented enough to play at the next level but their hot headedness kept them from getting a shot as it would ultimately effect their play for the rest of the game. I have always been of the opinion that I want an even keeled team that never gets too up or too down, they play the same every single time they touch the diamond, field etc.

vCash
    I did it a few times as a 5th grader in 2000, think it was banned in my district the next year.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash

100 percent agree!!
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    We had it when I played, but it was called "Roll Call"......under Tommy Lucas. Brutal!

On the other note, if 48 acted like that last night.....it wasnt the first time I can almost bet you! Dude went after a coach, if he was on my team-he gone!
    Love All Worship One!
    Go Dawgz!

vCash
    Know it well, but i'm old. Do they still allow that in todays kinder,gentler environment?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Know it well, but i'm old. Do they still allow that in todays kinder,gentler environment?
    Been banned for years.

vCash
    Been banned for years.
    Figures lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDawgz View Post
    We had it when I played, but it was called "Roll Call"......under Tommy Lucas. Brutal!

On the other note, if 48 acted like that last night.....it wasnt the first time I can almost bet you! Dude went after a coach, if he was on my team-he gone!
    Are you a Taylorsville Tartar????

vCash
    Been banned for years.
    Good, it was a stupid drill. Purposely setting someone up to be injured is terrible.

vCash
    Striking a coach? His ass is gone!