Thread: Other than Saban?

vCash

Other than Saban?

Would be secure enough in their jobs to start an untried freshman over a qb that only lost 2 games in two years and wasn?t a train wreck in the first half?

He did say he would alternate if necessary but to start Tua over Hurts took guts in my opinion.

vCash
    I think it's being a little overblown. Not hard to make a change, freshman or not, when you're down 13-0 and your starter has been completely shut down outside of one long run. If the game was close and Hurts was struggling but moving the ball despite it, yeah, it would have been pretty bold and not many could have gotten away with it if it hadn't worked out.

vCash
    I can't think of one single coach who would pull a 25-2 starting qb who had led his team to 2 straight NC games other than saban. It was a ballsy, gutsy move that worked for him.

vCash
    I mean he had no choice. Hurts had like 20 yards passing. Seemed like a no brainer to me

vCash
    In hindsight its easy to say it was an easy choice, but I guarantee you most folks were thinking saban was getting desperate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    In hindsight its easy to say it was an easy choice, but I guarantee you most folks were thinking saban was getting desperate.
    He was absolutely desperate, which made the decision to switch easier. It would have been one thing if Hurts was moving the ball consistently with setbacks not completely within his control, but they stood almost no chance of winning that game with Hurts at QB the way he was playing. When you're faced with that scenario, it's no shock that you give the next guy up a shot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    He was absolutely desperate, which made the decision to switch easier. It would have been one thing if Hurts was moving the ball consistently with setbacks not completely within his control, but they stood almost no chance of winning that game with Hurts at QB the way he was playing. When you're faced with that scenario, it's no shock that you give the next guy up a shot.
    Hurts has struggled before and pulled out games in the second half. I still don't think any other coach pulls hurts like that. It was a gutsy move. IMO

vCash
    That’s why they pay Saban the big bucks!

vCash
    If Tua had come in and immediately thrown a pick 6, I wonder what would have been said? No harm to Tua personally but I wish he had.

I was wanting the Dawgs to win, mainly because I wouldn't have to hear about it constantly for the rest of the year, but also mindful of the fact that the Dawgs are the sharks of the East.