Thread: A Top 20 season for us

vCash

A Top 20 season for us

Final AP Poll puts us at #19 to end the year.

vCash
    YEA!!! Hail State!! Go Dawgs!

vCash
    Also at 19 in ESPN's way too early poll for 2018.

vCash
    Very good season that was an egg bowl win from being great and a 4th quarter blown lead over bama from being unbelievable

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    How can they possibly rank a team we beat and finish with identical records? We dismantled LSU yet they finish at 18. Once again lazy ass polls and name recognition comes out on top.
    Last edited by RougeDawg; 01-09-2018 at 08:22 AM.

vCash
    Delete

vCash
    Yup

LSU ends up ranked one spot ahead of us with the same record and we beat them by 30.

vCash
    Total horseshit that they ranked LSU ahead of us. Every voter who did this should have their voting privileges revoked.

From my past experience communicating with voters, lots of them (not a majority, but a significant minority) act like it's a huge inconvenience to have to put out a ballot at all, and they just can't be bothered to make sure that every ranking makes sense logically. I just don't see how they can be so oblivious that there are literally tens of thousands of people who would gladly take the opportunity to be a poll voter and would take the job seriously.

vCash
    Another example is ranking Northwestern #17 and Michigan State #15 when both are 10-3 and Northwestern beat Michigan State 39-31.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Total horseshit that they ranked LSU ahead of us. Every voter who did this should have their voting privileges revoked.

From my past experience communicating with voters, lots of them (not a majority, but a significant minority) act like it's a huge inconvenience to have to put out a ballot at all, and they just can't be bothered to make sure that every ranking makes sense logically. I just don't see how they can be so oblivious that there are literally tens of thousands of people who would gladly take the opportunity to be a poll voter and would take the job seriously.
    Or they have some dumbass excuse like "beating Auburn was a better win than any win MSU had". WTF does that even mean? If you beat a team head-to-head and have the same record, then you are better than that team. Period.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Very good season that was an egg bowl win from being great and a 4th quarter blown lead over bama from being unbelievable
    Actually it was a deliberate and calculated assault on our QB in the Egg Bowl from being great. The funny thing about it is I’m still not upset at losing that game because of how they did it. I AM mad at how they did it. That one play IS Ole Miss in a nutshell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Actually it was a deliberate and calculated assault on our QB in the Egg Bowl from being great. The funny thing about it is I’m still not upset at losing that game because of how they did it. I AM mad at how they did it. That one play IS Ole Miss in a nutshell.
    I'm right there with ya! I have never hated that bunch more than I do today based on the dirty, sorry crap I witnessed in that Egg Bowl. If there was a true pit of misery I would be hoping everyone involved with that sorry institution was banished to it right now.