Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well it appears that Kirby Mullened that game away...

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash

Well it appears that Kirby Mullened that game away...

Got conservative and went away from what was working. He tried to milk the clock too soon and Bama did what Bama does.

vCash
    Too many carries for Chubb. Chubb got them there, but he ineffective tonight

vCash
    As much as they wanted to say they trusted Fromm, I think the 4th quarter of that game shows you that they didnt. Bama dared them to take some shots and UGA took 2 all game that I remember.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Too many carries for Chubb. Chubb got them there, but he ineffective tonight
    Michel had over 7 yds/carry tonight. Why he didn't get the ball a lot more I don't understand. I thought Swift should've played more too. Both are much quicker and faster than Chubb. They have good power too, especially Michel.

Not mixing run/pass up more on 1st down hurt a lot too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Got conservative and went away from what was working. He tried to milk the clock too soon and Bama did what Bama does.
    Yep Kirby pissed away an NC by not stepping on bamas throat when he had his foot on it. Fromm killed bama with play action on first downs all night and then in 4th quarter go strictly run-run-run punt with Chubb getting to many carries. Way to conservative cost him game.

vCash
    Yelled at Kirby all 2nd half with Chubb after Chubb run between the tackles . He definitely dirk mullened it

Banned
    vCash
    Kirby got Tua'd!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Token Bammer View Post
    Kirby got Tua'd!
    Yup. As soon as he entered the game bama perked up all way around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    Yup. As soon as he entered the game bama perked up all way around.
    At what cost? You know it will cause riff in the locker room. It might be good this morning but reality is going to set in with this team that they pulled a guy who was their leader, with a 25 and 2 record, who has brought you back from behind before, when you were only down 10. Yeah they won but they play in NC games almost every year. It's a common event at Bama. Feelings probably were hurt. Those sophomores and Jrs are going to remember going into spring. Saban opened up a can of worms he might not have had to open. It is going to be a cancer on that team moving forwards.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 01-09-2018 at 09:17 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    At what cost? You know it will cause riff in the locker room. It might be good this morning but reality is going to set in with this team that they pulled a guy who was their leader, with a 25 and 2 record, who has brought you back from behind before, when you were only down 10. Yeah they won but they play in NC games almost every year. It's a common event at Bama. Feelings probably were hurt. Those sophomores and Jrs are going to remember going into spring. Saban opened up a can of worms he might not have had to open. It is going to be a cancer on that team moving forwards.
    I seriously doubt it. The result speaks for itself. Hurts now knows he has to deliver or he will sit. The other kid knows the same. They will be better because if it. I’ll give you this, you might have a point if it was any coach other than Saban. He has the clout to make it work. Any whispering campaign on the team or internet message board QB controversy will have no effect on him or the team unless he wants it to. Think about last night, very few if any coaches in America would, or could, have made that move. That it worked makes him even more of an absolute monarch than he already was. His reputation and prestige will quash any can of worms he doesn’t like, easily.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Sorry Jack, but I disagree. Hurts earned my respect last night by how he responded (cheering Tua and others on) to the benching, but everyone on that team wanted to win. They aren't stupid (except for #48 as he's an idiot) and could see Hurts wasn't getting the job done. He doesn't have the skill set to slice and dice through the air, which is what was needed to beat UGA. They took Oklahoma's game plan at half and went out and won the game.

vCash
    Pretty simple

Saban > Kirby

vCash
    There is no qb controversy in Tuscaloosa. Tua is the starter going forward and the whole team knows it.

vCash
    You know that if the term Mullened takes off, then Webster’s will start to list it. I personally like the term.

/mul-len-ed/: verb, past tense
    1. The event of losing when victory or end goal is assured
    2. Under achieving, displaying little effort
    3. Not fulfilling potential
    4. The act of dishonesty

Thesaurus
    Fail (v):
    Be defeated
    Be Beaten
    Choke
    Unable
    Suffer defeat

Evade(v):
    Shaken
    Elude
    Escape
    Run away
    Drop
    Lose

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I seriously doubt it. The result speaks for itself. Hurts now knows he has to deliver or he will sit. The other kid knows the same. They will be better because if it. I’ll give you this, you might have a point if it was any coach other than Saban. He has the clout to make it work. Any whispering campaign on the team or internet message board QB controversy will have no effect on him or the team unless he wants it to. Think about last night, very few if any coaches in America would, or could, have made that move. That it worked makes him even more of an absolute monarch than he already was. His reputation and prestige will quash any can of worms he doesn’t like, easily.
    Agreed. The thing about Saban's coaching that impresses me the most is probably his ability to take these all-star kids and not wind up with a bunch of prima donnas. I don't know how much of it is his staff selecting recruits based on make-up as well as talent or if he's like a DI who breaks them down and rebuilds them in his image, but it seems to work way better than on many other teams with their big time recruits.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Token Bammer View Post
    Kirby got Tua'd!
    Tua did not win the game. Georgia gave it away, aided by the referees.

You still get the trophy though. Just be aware of the truth.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5049 View Post

Oh....my....goodness.

vCash

Best 94th post, eveh...

That’s batshit nuts.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Best 94th post, eveh...

That’s batshit nuts.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TUSK again.

vCash

I’m hoping this is a joke.