Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jalen Hurts- slide on over to Starkville, Ms

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Key doesnt step in tonight and do what Tua did. Key had his shot in the Egg Bowl and turned the ball over a couple of times and lost- against an OM D. Tua did for the NC against a good Georgia D. Sure- I'll take your $100
    Exactly. Tua is freaking special

vCash
    Key doesnt step in tonight and do what Tua did. Key had his shot in the Egg Bowl and turned the ball over a couple of times and lost- against an OM D. Tua did for the NC against a good Georgia D. Sure- I'll take your $100
    KO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    FAU and Lane will take him.

Lane has been tweeting about him all season.
    Good call. I didn't think about that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Coach, I heavily respect your
    Opinion but Key’s issue vs Louisville was his WRs, not him.

I am convicted that Key is a more natural passer and QB prospect than Tau

I’ll bet you $100 bucks today that Key is drafted higher. Tau is a more athletic Kellen Moore and pushes the football. Once SEC’s do work on him, things will get tougher

Both Hurts and Tau are better than Fitz, but Key is more talented than both ceiling wise.

Want to bet?
    Have you lost your ever loving mind? Did you watch the same NC game that I did?

Tau throws as pretty of a pass that you'll ever see. Did you see what he just did on the biggest stage versus what Key did in the Egg Bowl? I'm not down on Key, but you're WAAAYYY off on this one!

You'd squelch on the bet if Coach took you up on it anyway, so it's all a mute point.

vCash
    I disagree. I think Key does every bit of what Tau did tonight.

I think Bama was prepared to play Tau, while I don't think Mullen was prepared to play Key. That alone is the difference IMO.

Key is bigger, steps up into the pocket better, & has a more natural arm stroke than Tau.

You're on. $100 bet that Key gets drafted higher than Tau as a QB. If I'm wrong, I'll gladly eat crow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Have you lost your ever loving mind? Did you watch the same NC game that I did?

Tau throws as pretty of a pass that you'll ever see. Did you see what he just did on the biggest stage versus what Key did in the Egg Bowl? I'm not down on Key, but you're WAAAYYY off on this one!

You'd squelch on the bet if Coach took you up on it anyway, so it's all a mute point.
    Tau pushes the football. He in absolutely no way throws the ball like an NFL QB.

His 2nd TD pass was thrown to another guy & Ridley cut in front & his last one was to a wide open guy.

Key is more talented at the ingredients that make NFL QBs successful.

Do you want to bet as well?

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    My guesses:

Somewhere in Texas
    Florida (Probably not allowed)
    Ole Miss (Even less likely to be allowed by Bama)
    my guess. Florida Atlantic
    No Signature

vCash
    This is insanity. First, Fitz would not be as good as Jalen at Alabama. Second,Jalen has issues but one of them is that Saban brought in an NFL OC to deal with him. With a Mullen, Jalen would be putting up stupid numbers (like he did with Kiffin!).

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    you mf'ers are insane. Hurts is every bit as good as Fitz right now. Hell, Mullen lost out on Hurts to Bama.

Only State fans would say a guy that is 25-2 as a starting QB couldnt play for us. Wow
    WHO THE HELL CARES??? HE AINT COMING HERE!!!!
    No Signature

vCash

I think Bama was prepared to play Tau, while I don't think Mullen was prepared to play Key. That alone is the difference IMO.

Key is bigger, steps up into the pocket better, & has a more natural arm stroke than Tau.

You're on. $100 bet that Key gets drafted higher than Tau as a QB. If I'm wrong, I'll gladly eat crow.
    I love Key and 100% believe he will be drafted- but Tua is the better prospect right now and likely continues to be
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Did you see what he just did on the biggest stage versus what Key did in the Egg Bowl? I
    To add, this has nothing to do with who is more talented & who is the better draft prospect. It's just an insignificant point that confuses evaluators.

Yes, Tau is currently more advanced. My guess is that he received more coaching, camps, etc than Key did at a young age, but Key has better ingredients to be an NFL QB.

If you don't believe me, just wait and see.

Also, please call me out when I'm wrong. If I'm wrong, I want the entire world to know.

vCash
    I love Key and 100% believe he will be drafted- but Tua is the better prospect right now and likely continues to be
    I respectfully disagree.

There is no comparison IMO as to which guy has a higher ceiling in throwing out of a well in the pocket.

vCash

This is the only thing I agree with you on. Key was not ready to play in that EB

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    This is insanity. First, Fitz would not be as good as Jalen at Alabama. Second,Jalen has issues but one of them is that Saban brought in an NFL OC to deal with him. With a Mullen, Jalen would be putting up stupid numbers (like he did with Kiffin!).
    Fitz led the SEC in total yards in 2016. He already was better than Jalen, at State. Give Fitz WR's who adjust and catch passes that hit their hands and he's a finalist in NYC. Not sure why this is so difficult to see. We have average WR's at best who do not have great hands and/or the ability to make plays and adjust to the ball. Bama has a stable of these types of guys.

vCash
    Exhibit 1

Go to 24:10 on the video. The pocket presence, velocity, accuracy, & actions that Key shows on this throw are something that Tau cannot do. Tau may be able to make this throw, but not like this. This is what future NFL QBs look like.

Because Tau's low, push arm path, he can't throw the football downhill with velocity. Key has a higher slot & throws the ball downhill. The arm strength & carry isn't close.

Also check out the arm strength that Key shows at 12:40 on the video. Tau doesn't have that.

Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 01-09-2018 at 01:15 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Fitz led the SEC in total yards in 2016. He already was better than Jalen, at State. Give Fitz WR's who adjust and catch passes that hit their hands and he's a finalist in NYC. Not sure why this is so difficult to see. We have average WR's at best who do not have great hands and/or the ability to make plays and adjust to the ball. Bama has a stable of these types of guys.

I don’t want to be that guy, but a part of that was Fitz having 600 yards against Samford and Arkansas. In 2016, our offense no-showed against good teams. That’s not a Fitz knock at all.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    I don?t want to be that guy, but a part of that was Fitz having 600 yards against Samford and Arkansas. In 2016, our offense no-showed against good teams. That?s not a Fitz knock at all.
    You don't have to be that guy because Bama played Kent State, Western Kentucky, Chattanooga, and Kentucky in 2016 as well. They played almost identical schedules as we did. The did play USC and was only major difference in regular season. They got a terrible Tennessee team while we got an average South Carolina.

vCash
    You don't have to be that guy because Bama played Kent State, Western Kentucky, Chattanooga, and Kentucky in 2016 as well. They played almost identical schedules as we did. The did play USC and was only major difference in regular season. They got a terrible Tennessee team while we got an average South Carolina.
    Yeah but we had to play starters that whole game. We were in a one score game until the 4Q, for example. I can buy that Fitz progresses this year, but I can’t believe you watched both QBs in *2016* and thought Fitz was better than Hurts.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Yeah but we had to play starters that whole game. We were in a one score game until the 4Q, for example. I can buy that Fitz progresses this year, but I can?t believe you watched both QBs in *2016* and thought Fitz was better than Hurts.
    Well because that's not what i said. I said swap the teams and Fitz gets invited to NYC. I said Bama's talent elevated a ho hum Hurts and made him look much better than he actually is. All things equal and Fitz is the better QB. Period. Having a better year does not make a player better.
    Last edited by RougeDawg; 01-09-2018 at 01:40 AM.

vCash
    Well because that's not what i said. I said swap the teams and Fitz gets invited to NYC. I said Bama's talent elevated a ho hum Hurts and made him look much better than he actually is. All things equal and Fitz is the better QB. Period. Having a better year does not make a player better.
    Hurts throws better than Fitz but hasn’t been developed like Fitz. I would take Hurts over Fitz.

My Alabama/MSU QB ranking on the basis of NFL ceiling is:

Key
    Tau
    Hurts
    Fitz