Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jalen Hurts- slide on over to Starkville, Ms

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    you mf'ers are insane. Hurts is every bit as good as Fitz right now. Hell, Mullen lost out on Hurts to Bama.

Only State fans would say a guy that is 25-2 as a starting QB couldnt play for us. Wow
    I would definitely take hurts. It is a moot point though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    What? Dak was much better at the same stage of their careers.
    No- Dak was not as good as Hurts his 2nd year in college. Not really even close. Dak couldnt even play ahead of Tyler Russell. You guys are killing me. Hurts is a much better runner than Dak- its not even close and Dak didnt throw it very well as a R-Fr
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    FAU and Lane will take him.

Lane has been tweeting about him all season.
    Lane would get down on a knee and beg. Not sure hurts goes though. I think Texas... urban offense guy that likes a running qb

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    you mf'ers are insane. Hurts is every bit as good as Fitz right now. Hell, Mullen lost out on Hurts to Bama.

Only State fans would say a guy that is 25-2 as a starting QB couldnt play for us. Wow
    Relf would probably be 22-5 as a Bama QB. You give Fitz future NFLer's all around him on offense and an NFL defense that has your back and he may not lose a game in the last two years. Hell if we had Bama's receivers, Fitz's completion percentage would jump 10-15% minimum. Add in those RB's and OLine and Fitz racks up hardware.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    No- Dak was not as good as Hurts his 2nd year in college. Not really even close. Dak couldnt even play ahead of Tyler Russell. You guys are killing me. Hurts is a much better runner than Dak- its not even close and Dak didnt throw it very well as a R-Fr
    Dak didn't play because of Don Merlins. Dak was clearly the better QB going into 2013. Not even debatable.

ETA. I have 2013 preseason posts to prove it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Relf would probably be 22-5 as a Bama QB. You give Fitz future NFLer's all around him on offense and an NFL defense that has your back and he may not lose a game in the last two years. Hell if we had Bama's receivers, Fitz's completion percentage would jump 10-15% minimum. Add in those RB's and OLine and Fitz racks up hardware.
    Hurts threw 17 TD's to ONE interception this year. Fitz couldnt do that in 7 on 7- much less vs the SEC. I like Fitz and he will probably get drafted. But Jalen Hurts is every bit as good as he is if not better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Dak didn't play because of Don Merlins. Dak was clearly the better QB going into 2013. Not even debatable.
    except that Dakota's 2nd year in college was 2012- just as this was Hurts 2nd year in college.

vCash

Agree. I do think Key is better than Hurts and Tau though.

Bigger with more accuracy and natural arm stroke than both.

vCash
    you lost your job and its not coming back. Transfer over and compete for the job at State in 2019
    Wet dream

vCash
    Hurts threw 17 TD's to ONE interception this year. Fitz couldnt do that in 7 on 7- much less vs the SEC. I like Fitz and he will probably get drafted. But Jalen Hurts is every bit as good as he is if not better.
    If Bama has Fitz Tua never gets in the game tonight

Banned
    vCash
    Sure he can play for us. In the 4th quarter after Key has the game well in hand. Fitz will be gone by the time Hurts is eligible. I like Key better than Hurts two years from now.

vCash
    Any chance Jalen could really hit the books between now and August and graduate? If he started in January 2016 and has taken every summer course, seems like it would be a fringe possibility - he always comes across as intelligent in interviews.

That would let him be eligible somewhere in 2018 AND prevent Alabama from restricting where he goes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Any chance Jalen could really hit the books between now and August and graduate? If he started in January 2016 and has taken every summer course, seems like it would be a fringe possibility - he always comes across as intelligent in interviews.

That would let him be eligible somewhere in 2018 AND prevent Alabama from restricting where he goes.
    Can a grad transfer play 2 years somewhere? Do not think I have seen that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Agree. I do think Key is better than Hurts and Tau though.
    cmon mane- I love Key too but he threw for 125 yards against a Peter Sirmon D on 11/20. He is not as good as either Bama QB TODAY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Jake Coker

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Jake Coker did for Alabama. He left FSU after his redshirt sophomore season (2013) and played 2014 and 2015 for the Tide.

vCash
    cmon mane- I love Key too but he threw for 125 yards against a Peter Sirmon D on 11/20. He is not as good as either Bama QB TODAY
    Coach, I heavily respect your
    Opinion but Key’s issue vs Louisville was his WRs, not him.

I am convicted that Key is a more natural passer and QB prospect than Tau

I’ll bet you $100 bucks today that Key is drafted higher. Tau is a more athletic Kellen Moore and pushes the football. Once SEC’s do work on him, things will get tougher

Both Hurts and Tau are better than Fitz, but Key is more talented than both ceiling wise.

Want to bet?

vCash
    And he was throwing to our smurfs who aren't even in the same league as the WR's that Alabama has.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Coach, I heavily respect your
    Opinion but Key’s issue vs Louisville was his WRs, not him.

I am convicted that Key is a more natural passer and QB prospect than Tau

I’ll bet you $100 bucks today that Key is drafted higher.

Both Hurts and Tau are better than Fitz, but Key is more talented than both ceiling wise.

Want to bet?
    Key doesnt step in tonight and do what Tua did. Key had his shot in the Egg Bowl and turned the ball over a couple of times and lost- against an OM D. Tua did for the NC against a good Georgia D. Sure- I'll take your $100

vCash
    Jake Coker
    Good call