Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Jalen Hurts- slide on over to Starkville, Ms

vCash
    I see what 34 is saying.....and he is correct ...BUTTTTTTTTT.......I REALLY REALLY admire teaching a QB to look off a receiver, Fitz it seems is STILL trying to learn that at times it. I never understood why most HS qb?s aren?t made to look the wrong way even though they know their predetermined routes.....(in the old days anyway)...
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 01-10-2018 at 06:28 PM. Reason: ADHD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Ok- I'll type slower so maybe you can understand:

Where the QB was looking has nothing to do with the ******* Safety. There was no WR threat pressing the middle for the Safety to be looked off too. If you watch the Safety in the video- he softly backpedals and stays on the hash. He didnt stay as deep as the deepest threat- the X- as he is taught to do. If Tua had "looked him off" he would have drifted toward the middle of the field. He didnt do that- his ass didnt get deep like he is supposed to.

The CB who was sinking- hesitated because he saw the crosser and expected the Safety to be over the top for him.

I can't explain it any simpler or understand it for you
    This is the correct answer. If y?all ever played safety you would understand. I guarantee you the last thing said was don?t get beat deep. His drop was to slow and by the time he realized what was happening the wr was by him. He may have expected help from the cb by getting a bump on the wr and that may by why he was slow in his drop but that was a major screw up on his part. Only one job he had was stay deeper than deepest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    This is the correct answer. If y?all ever played safety you would understand. I guarantee you the last thing said was don?t get beat deep. His drop was to slow and by the time he realized what was happening the wr was by him. He may have expected help from the cb by getting a bump on the wr and that may by why he was slow in his drop but that was a major screw up on his part. Only one job he had was stay deeper than deepest.
    So he just "went to sleep"? I can understand getting tricked, but he literally "had 1 job".... I just wanna know his thought process/what he "thinks he saw" between the snap and the "oh, frick" moment...

Any insight?
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    So he just "went to sleep"? I can understand getting tricked, but he literally "had 1 job".... I just wanna know his thought process/what he "thinks he saw" between the snap and the "oh, frick" moment...

Any insight?
    I think he expected a bump or re route by the cb and that?s why he was slow in his drop and the wr got on him quicker than he expected. To late then. IMO the cb and safety both effed up but safety?s mea culpa was the worst
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 01-10-2018 at 08:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    I see what 34 is saying.....and he is correct ...BUTTTTTTTTT.......I REALLY REALLY admire teaching a QB to look off a receiver, Fitz it seems is STILL trying to learn that at times it. I never understood why most HS qb?s aren?t made to look the wrong way even though they know their predetermined routes.....(in the old days anyway)...
    I teach the same thing to 10th graders- Tua saw the secondary leaning to ward trips. The safety bails right at the snap to the hashmark. Tua looks to the trips side as he is taught to do- the Safety for Georgia is taught to stay as deep as the deepest WR. The Safety weakly dropped and got run by.

The defense simply broke down and cost UGa the game. That cant ****ing happen on 2nd ND 26. Tua didnt work some kind of crazy magic to beat them.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I teach the same thing to 10th graders- Tua saw the secondary leaning to ward trips. The safety bails right at the snap to the hashmark. Tua looks to the trips side as he is taught to do- the Safety for Georgia is taught to stay as deep as the deepest WR. The Safety weakly dropped and got run by.

The defense simply broke down and cost UGa the game. That cant ****ing happen on 2nd ND 26. Tua didnt work some kind of crazy magic to beat them.
    Truth

vCash
    The guy was playing deep half and had no deep threat in the middle of the field- nothing to be looked off too.
    Truth

vCash
    In a vacuum, that makes sense to me... In your opinion, what influenced the Safety in his decision to do what he did?

(I'm NOT an Xs Os guy)
    He was a dumbass plain and simple. It was basically two vs one and the safety didn't do the simplest rule of cover 2. He wasn't disciplined.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Makes sense if the safety knows every wr route. Unfortunately for him, he looked to see where the WRs were
    You look as your backpedaling. However, you don't guess where the Qb is throwing. Truthfully that should have been an interception if played properly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    You look as your backpedaling. However, you don't guess where the Qb is throwing. Truthfully that should have been an interception if played properly.
    Exactly 28. The bad play by the Safety is mind-googling. He was ****ing awful on that play

vCash
    So he just "went to sleep"? I can understand getting tricked, but he literally "had 1 job"....Any insight?
    If Georgia was in Cover 2- the Safety has deep half. Nobody on the left side of the field is supposed to get behind him. The CB on that side sinks until threatened underneath his way. The Safety doesnt let anybody get deeper than him on the left half of the field

If Georgia was in Cover 4- The Safety has deep 1/4 and the CB that side has deep 1/4. The CB that side hesitating leads me to believe they are in Cover 2. With the X pressing deep- there is no reason for the CB that side to settle.

vCash

Exactly! This isn?t a hard concept to understand. Safety busted plain and simple. He had a weak drop and the wr was on him before he knew it.

vCash
    If Georgia was in Cover 2- the Safety has deep half. Nobody on the left side of the field is supposed to get behind him. The CB on that side sinks until threatened underneath his way. The Safety doesnt let anybody get deeper than him on the left half of the field

If Georgia was in Cover 4- The Safety has deep 1/4 and the CB that side has deep 1/4. The CB that side hesitating leads me to believe they are in Cover 2. With the X pressing deep- there is no reason for the CB that side to settle.
    that makes even more sense, now... so, in this application, the Safety had NO assignments other than the DEEPEST guy only on the LEFT side of the field... and UGA had another cat to cover deep, right side?

damn, this is almost as hard as posting a pic... but I'll try, anyway....

No.

vCash
    that makes even more sense, now... so, in this application, the Safety had NO assignments other than the DEEPEST guy only on the LEFT side of the field... and UGA had another cat to cover deep, right side?

damn, this is almost as hard as posting a pic... but I'll try, anyway....

You got it. He completely blew his assignment.

vCash
    this?

No.

vCash
    Yep- there you go Gump

vCash
    this?

That?s a pretty good idea of it. In a lot of cover 2 the middle lb will get an even deeper drop than that shows, depending on down and distance, but it?s the basic concept
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 01-10-2018 at 10:35 PM.

vCash
    Yep- there you go Gump
    Thanks for the Marine 101 like explanation!

No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    That?s a pretty good idea of it. In a lot of cover 2 the middle lb will get an even deeper drop than that shows, depending on down and distance, but it?s the basic concept
    Urlacher was one of the best at covering the middle of the Cover 2 in his prime.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas_Dawg View Post
    Urlacher was one of the best at covering the middle of the Cover 2 in his prime.
    Yes he was! Funny you mentioned him but I was thinking about him when I looked at the diagram Tusk put up, He got great drops and could cover a ton of ground.Dude was so athletic! I remember him returning kicks in college.