Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sporting News 2018 Top 25

vCash

Sporting News 2018 Top 25

Nope. Nowhere to be found.

Complete mindlessness and ignorance

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...41mjsjs5ieib2x

vCash
    To be fair I've seen a lot of media say good things about our team going into next year and most do have us ranked somewhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    To be fair I've seen a lot of media say good things about our team going into next year and most do have us ranked somewhere.
    Doesn’t change the fact that we would sodomize over half this guy’s list.

Why put out a poll if you aren’t going to try?

There is zero excuse for any poll to not have this team unranked. Zero

vCash
    Not even gonna click on it then. Idiot.

vCash
    Not sweating it too much. We replaced our whole coaching staff. Most times that will set you back some. Of course Jimbo gets a bump tho, but he has won a natty before.

I prefer it this way. More motivation for the guys on the team. Lot of leadership there. Every once in a while even Bama gets disrespected some ... and look what happens then.

Maybe the leaders on our team can push everyone and use it to propel them to greater heights than the program has ever seen before.

ETA: I would've preferred they rank FL about 10th or so. Dan doesn't do well when expectations are high.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 01-08-2018 at 05:11 AM.

vCash
    I’m tired of the mantra of more motivation not being ranked. You can’t maximize national notoriety or brand improvement when you are unranked preseason.

We need people to start respecting us in this regard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I?m tired of the mantra of more motivation not being ranked. You can?t maximize national notoriety or brand improvement when you are unranked preseason.

We need people to start respecting us in this regard.
    Gotta earn it. And losing to OM the last 3 times we were ranked highly and had more 8 wins or more going in, doesn't earn it. And this last year we got blown out by AU & GA. Just playing Bama close ... hell the media chalks that up to an off-game by Bama or their many injuries this year.

ETA: In the Mullins era, we finished 4th 3 times and better than 4th once. Only once did we finish better than 4th in the division. Historically speaking, I'm trying to figure out why anyone is upset by being picked 4th or even 5th.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 01-08-2018 at 08:23 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Gotta earn it. And losing to OM the last 3 times we were ranked highly and had more 8 wins or more going in, doesn't earn it. And this last year we got blown out by AU & GA. Just playing Bama close ... hell the media chalks that up to an off-game by Bama or their many injuries this year.
    We've earned it as much as Texas A&M, Memphis, South Carolina, and Texas.

vCash

ETA: In the Mullins era, we finished 4th 3 times and better than 4th once. Only once did we finish better than 4th in the division. Historically speaking, I'm trying to figure out why anyone is upset by being picked 4th or even 5th.
    Typical Mittittippi Tate fan here.

We have earned it. We?ve earned it way more than many teams on this list.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 01-08-2018 at 08:43 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    This. 8 straight bowl games.

vCash
    Well now ... you may have a good point here.

vCash
    Earned it more.

vCash
    Some outlets picked us to finish 2-10 this year. We went 9-4. Third year in the last 4 we've ended up with 9 wins in a season. We've done what we needed to, but the media refuses to update themselves mentally. We aren't the basement anymore and we haven't been the last 9 years. And based on early returns Moorhead won't ever have us there either.

vCash
    We will be preseason ranked in AP and coach poll. We got real things to freak out over like our 3-pt shooting and FTs right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Some outlets picked us to finish 2-10 this year. We went 9-4. Third year in the last 4 we've ended up with 9 wins in a season. We've done what we needed to, but the media refuses to update themselves mentally. We aren't the basement anymore and we haven't been the last 9 years. And based on early returns Moorhead won't ever have us there either.
    Agree. It’s like we are stuck in some black hole of college football consciousness.

What we do well appears to only matter in the Matrix

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We will be preseason ranked in AP and coach poll. We got real things to freak out over like our 3-pt shooting and FTs right now.
    What is this baseketball you speaketh of?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    What is this baseketball you speaketh of?
    Lol... sticking with basketball has been very trying the last 48 years or so since we were decent lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Saw on 247 where some poster (he young he said I believe ... 26 or so) compared today's players to past players. Thought Stapleton was similar to Winsome Frazier SMDH. Boy what I'd give for a couple of Fraziers on this team.

vCash
    Saw on 247 where some poster (he young he said I believe ... 26 or so) compared today's players to past players. Thought Stapleton was similar to Winsome Frazier SMDH. Boy what I'd give for a couple of Fraziers on this team.
    This is not a basketball thread. Please don’t hijack the threat.

Stay focused

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    This is not a basketball thread. Please don?t hijack the threat.

Stay focused
    Like I said, we will be ranked in the only 2 preseason polls that matter: ap and USA Today (coach). If these type polls matter, then we have to recognize OM ?national championship? in obscure, non-recognized polls. Sporting news, lindy, athlon... who cares?

ETA... when the first game kicks off, will cbs, ESPN, fox use sporting news poll for its rankings? Nope
    Last edited by msstate7; 01-08-2018 at 09:05 AM.