Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, if we have to sacrifice one sport to the Indian gods...

vCash

Well, if we have to sacrifice one sport to the Indian gods...

It?s basketball, for me.

Football and baseball are where it?s at. Pray that we don?t screw those 2 up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    It?s basketball, for me.

Football and baseball are where it?s at. Pray that we don?t screw those 2 up.
    I'd sell the entire baseball program for one SEC title in football or one Natty in men's basketball. College baseball is and always will be a minor niche sport.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I'd sell the entire baseball program for one SEC title in football or one Natty in men's basketball. College baseball is and always will be a minor niche sport.
    Although minor to you, baseball is not minor at this school. I would take a natty in anything at this point to break the ice. But of the big three, baseball is where it’s coming first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Although minor to you, baseball is not minor at this school. I would take a natty in anything at this point to break the ice. But of the big three, baseball is where it?s coming first.
    I think his point is that in the world of college sports, baseball is a distant third to the world at large.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Although minor to you, baseball is not minor at this school. I would take a natty in anything at this point to break the ice. But of the big three, baseball is where it’s coming first.
    I keep hearing we are going to win one but am yet to see any results.

vCash
    It's a minor sport nationally, not just to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    I think his point is that in the world of college sports, baseball is a distant third to the world at large.
    Exactly

vCash
    Go home liverpool youre drunk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Go home liverpool youre drunk
    Yep, but I'd say the same thing tomorrow in church, those that know me will back that up. For one thing I'm NOT a baseball fan. I don't like the sport, it's just boring. Second: I'm dead right about how it's perceived nationally. The two MAJOR college sports are football and men's basketball. Baseball and women's basketball are about equal, but are still niche sports. Don't get me wrong, l fully support our baseball and women's basketball. I'd be over the moon if they won a natty. The thing is, most people nationwide wouldn't care or even be aware of it if we did. That's not the case for football or men's basketball.

Banned
    vCash
    Oh dear Lord!! Now way!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    Well he was talking about our school sooooo...
    But I can understand that thinking. And nationally, baseball might not be as big as basketball but in the sec I would say it’s bigger.
    Last edited by Bdawg; 01-07-2018 at 12:12 AM.

vCash
    Well he was talking about our school sooooo...
    Actually I was saying we go all in on a niche college sport that very few care about, or are even aware of.

vCash
    Actually I was saying we go all in on a niche college sport that very few care about, or are even aware of.
    I edited my post a little

vCash
    holy ******* Liverpool- nobody in the ****ing world except you thinks women basketball is equal to baseball. What the **** is wrong with you? Did you eat paint chips as a child?
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Yep, but I'd say the same thing tomorrow in church, those that know me will back that up. For one thing I'm NOT a baseball fan. I don't like the sport, it's just boring. Second: I'm dead right about how it's perceived nationally. The two MAJOR college sports are football and men's basketball. Baseball and women's basketball are about equal, but are still niche sports. Don't get me wrong, l fully support our baseball and women's basketball. I'd be over the moon if they won a natty. The thing is, most people nationwide wouldn't care or even be aware of it if we did. That's not the case for football or men's basketball.
    Well no shit youd sell the one sport program that you're not a fan of. Im just gonna be real with you, Mississippi State folk would dump basketball before they dumped baseball. OM would do the same.

And judging by the coverage college baseball is getting on TV nowadays, the sell out crowds and then some at schools in the SEC, plus the crowds at Omaha, I'd say college baseball is pretty well known nationally.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    holy ******* Liverpool- nobody in the ****ing world except you thinks women basketball is equal to baseball. What the **** is wrong with you? Did you eat paint chips as a child?
    In college it is 34. They are both niche sports with local appeal. Baseball is a huge sport, but it's pro based. College baseball is like college hockey up north. Hockey is pro based as well. Women's basketball has little appeal when compared to the pro based sports of hockey and baseball, but in college it holds its own. That really isn't debatable 34. Only provincials would even attempt it.

vCash
    In college it is 34. They are both niche sports with local appeal. Baseball is a huge sport, but it's pro based. College baseball is like college hockey up north. Hockey is pro based as well. Women's basketball has little appeal when compared to the pro based sports of hockey and baseball, but in college it holds its own. That really isn't debatable 34. Only provincials would even attempt it.
    Basketball is the biggest pro based sport in the country. Cmon bro

vCash
    Well no shit youd sell the one sport program that you're not a fan of. Im just gonna be real with you, Mississippi State folk would dump basketball before they dumped baseball. OM would do the same.
    A national championship in men's basketball is a national event, March Madness is a national intstitution. The college World Series is a big deal, for those involved. The casual neutral fan could care less. I know baseball, is huge for MSU, but don't make the mistake of thinking it is nationally in college. It's not. Baseball is a pro sport.

vCash
    Basketball is the biggest pro based sport in the country. Cmon bro
    Jeeze man, March Madness is freaking huge. How many office pools are there for the college wourld series? I even won one in grad school for March Madness. Nobody there cared enough to start one for the NCAA baseball championships. For the record, that was in Mississippi, one of the places that actually does follow college baseball

vCash
    The college game has changed in men's basketball. Many of the top programs are no longer winning consistently. Highly rated players can no longer shoot any better than your average 45 year old man shopping at the local sporting goods store. The rating system needs to be re-evaluated.