Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL Playoffs

vCash

NFL Playoffs

Blake Bortles is awful. Kind of like Fitz but with less speed & less conviction in his throws.

It's infuriating to watch Jax challenge a Bills' player stepping out of bounds prior to a catch & then know that we didn't do the same vs Alabama with the Ridley catch and vs Louisville with the personal foul, late hit, in bounds fumble.

I really hope that Moorhead builds a more effective process in coaches communication that allows us to become better at challenging bad calls. It always seemed a cluster with Mullen. Every year it seems like we lost in game in which a blown call happened in the game that could've been challenged.

Alabama 2018
    Houston in Mullen's first year
    The Auburn 1st down didn't make the stick
    etc, I'm sure there were many more.

I'm not sure what Don's issue was with challenging plays, but my guess is there was a breakdown in who's responsibility it was & the timely communication of what needed to be done.

vCash
    Also in the 11 auburn game Ballard scored on 3rd down before relf was stuffed.

vCash
    Bortles is terrible. They would be a legitimate threat with a decent Qb. I'd trade for Alex Smith if I were them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Blake Bortles is awful. Kind of like Fitz but with less speed & less conviction in his throws.

It's infuriating to watch Jax challenge a Bills' player stepping out of bounds prior to a catch & then know that we didn't do the same vs Alabama with the Ridley catch and vs Louisville with the personal foul, late hit, in bounds fumble.

I really hope that Moorhead builds a more effective process in coaches communication that allows us to become better at challenging bad calls. It always seemed a cluster with Mullen. Every year it seems like we lost in game in which a blown call happened in the game that could've been challenged.

Alabama 2018
    Houston in Mullen's first year
    The Auburn 1st down didn't make the stick
    etc, I'm sure there were many more.

I'm not sure what Don's issue was with challenging plays, but my guess is there was a breakdown in who's responsibility it was & the timely communication of what needed to be done.
    Dixon scored against LSU in 09

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Completely agree on the Ridley one, but would the other have been reversible? I don't think so because a personal foul other than targeting was involved, which isn't reviewable as far as I know.

Banned
    vCash
    Breeze has an arm. an I'm not talking about a JWS injury.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Also in the 11 auburn game Ballard scored on 3rd down before relf was stuffed.
    Plus Boobie Dixon scoring against LSU before mini Lee?s jump pass was batted down. The refs actually reviewed the 3rd down Dixon play after Dixon got in on 2nd down. We lost by less than a TD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Bortles is terrible. They would be a legitimate threat with a decent Qb. I'd trade for Alex Smith if I were them.
    Case Keenum is a free agent. Pick him up and maybe draft Lamar Jackson or Baker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Case Keenum is a free agent. Pick him up and maybe draft Lamar Jackson or Baker.
    See if Manning is available. TC at Jacksonville now, so there is a relationship there

vCash
    Baker in that offense would be scary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    See if Manning is available. TC at Jacksonville now, so there is a relationship there
    Int Manning?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Int Manning?
    Eli

vCash
    Eli
    They basically fired their coach over how Eli was handled. They might draft someone but it will be on the Favre plan. New guy will probably sit for 3 years.

vCash
    After Lamar’s game in Jax, I doubt they go after him strong. He struggles big time with his accuracy and you know the Jags watched that one closely.

I’m one of the few that still like Bortles. He does struggle a lot, but he’s better than Eli, Cutler, and several other steady NFL QBs. I think there’s an unrealistic expectation on QBs now. You can’t just be a Trent Dilfer anymore. Fans won’t accept it.

vCash
    No way I draft Jackson- but Mayfield is headed to Cleveland. Jacksonville needs to go after Keenum and draft another in the 3rd round or so. This is not a good QB class imo
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    No way I draft Jackson- but Mayfield is headed to Cleveland. Jacksonville needs to go after Keenum and draft another in the 3rd round or so. This is not a good QB class imo
    You think mayfield goes ahead of the So-cal boys? I hope mayfield lands somewhere other than cleveland (perhaps NOLA) bc I like him, a lot

vCash
    Mayfield should easily be the 1st QB drafted
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    You think mayfield goes ahead of the So-cal boys? I hope mayfield lands somewhere other than cleveland (perhaps NOLA) bc I like him, a lot
    Brees would be the perfect mentor for Mayfield IMO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Mayfield should easily be the 1st QB drafted
    I agree with you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaDawgs View Post
    Brees would be the perfect mentor for Mayfield IMO
    Probably will not be there at pick 32 _