Thread: Team just needs to mature

vCash

Team just needs to mature

It was a loss.... not the end of the world. As they mature, we will become more of a force.,
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

vCash
    I agree. I think one thing people don't think about is our lack of on-court leadership. Q is a really good player, but he's not the vocal leader that we need on the court. It's just not natural for him. He's a role player that's having to be the leader. It's not his fault though. We need a Timmy Bowers type of leader out there and I think we've got one, the only problem is he's a freshman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerdawg View Post
    I agree. I think one thing people don't think about is our lack of on-court leadership. Q is a really good player, but he's not the vocal leader that we need on the court. It's just not natural for him. He's a role player that's having to be the leader. It's not his fault though. We need a Timmy Bowers type of leader out there and I think we've got one, the only problem is he's a freshman.
    Exactly this, and to add a little, we have 3 upperclassmen on scholarship. None are seniors. Of the 3, Holman and Q just don't have the personality, and the other is Stapleton. We're still a really young team.

vCash
    Will maturity help us figure out a 1-3-1 zone?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    It was a loss.... not the end of the world. As they mature, we will become more of a force.,
    glad to see someone see's it for what it is.

Senior Member Intramural All-American's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Will maturity help us figure out a 1-3-1 zone?
    People don't understand basketball. We had open look after open look against the zone, we just couldn't make. Ole miss was giving us the three and we just couldn't make them. They were compressed to keep us from the basket. If you can't shoot, you won't win. That's basketball. 0-14 from 3 to end the game is just unreal with at least half being wide open. We lost because of our inability to hit shots. That is it.

vCash
    Meh.... they a .500 team at best.... they don't have a leader nor do they they have anyone that wants to do the dirty work down low...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Intramural All-American View Post
    People don't understand basketball. We had open look after open look against the zone, we just couldn't make. Ole miss was giving us the three and we just couldn't make them. They were compressed to keep us from the basket. If you can't shoot, you won't win. That's basketball. 0-14 from 3 to end the game is just unreal with at least half being wide open. We lost because of our inability to hit shots. That is it.
    Exactly. The only thing I’m putting on Howland is taking Holman out for Xay down the stretch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Intramural All-American View Post
    Not going to argue with you but that was anything from a compressed zone. The point and wings were way out attacking the ball handler rather than packing in. We did miss some makeable 3s against it (what else is new) but the biggest issue was that they were able to pressure us out top and we were not able to make them pay with some easy baskets underneath.

Banned
    vCash
    Well, we know we have good players, we know we are certainly a better Defense, so it?s on the way. We just need our players to get in a consistent chemistry, we need an energy that they have to come up with or something like coach Andy, belief vibes. That?s gotta be in the heart of the team they can?t wait on the crowd.

What I mean by coach Andy is his own energy he brings as motivator
    Last edited by I_Spy; 01-07-2018 at 05:17 PM.

vCash
    Just watched the last 10 minutes again. You are right. we need to mature. Xavian Stapleton is not ever going to tho point blank period. In that last 10 minutes he missed 2 gimmie put backs on offensive rebounds, had 2 terrible reach fouls, and shot some terrible terrible 3 point shots. The only thing he is good for is short time energy off the bench. Having him in in crunch time virtually guarantees something bad is gonna happen for us We are down 4, need to work quick for a good shot and he catches at top of key and fires a 3. Of course he isn’t the only one that shot like shit but he isn’t the one we need shooting bad 3’s to get us in the game. Ole Miss won that game bc they drove to the basket when it mattered. We shot 3’s. And you won’t win on the road shooting free throws that shitty period. Defense we played well enough to win Our low basketball iq and awful shooting lost it

Banned
    vCash
    Well I played basketball the greatest of all sins was missing free throws, followed by shooting 3’s at a low percentage, and blocking it over the back lazy fouls. I quit playing basketball in the 8th grade. Free throws are free throws, regardless of level maturity or pressure.

Of course you add college money to basketball and they want to see guys Jack it up and go 0-15 shooting. My coach would have put me end of the bench. My brother would’ve sent me to the locker room early. Haha
    Last edited by I_Spy; 01-07-2018 at 06:48 PM.