Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You just have to love Andy Can.

vCash
    Andy and his family are all in on MSU and Starkville. He also truly gets Starkville and our program. Do not even be worried about LSU.

I’m confident enough to say. There is a better chance of him coaching football, basketball, and baseball at State then going to LSU.

vCash
    Msu naysayers will never go away! Why even commit about Cann after one season about him leaving.

Enjoy the moment, quit worrying about things you don't know about.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    I?m sorry you dictionary has reality as the definition of negativity.

LSU is a top program. Being able to coach a top program basically at home is a huge opportunity. Take off your maroon glasses and think if you?d rather take a job away from your family or accept a similar job where your parents can see their grandchildren easily.

Ignorance is bliss I presume.
    He’s not an LSU guy

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    I don’t think some quite understand exactly what we have hired to be our head baseball coach

vCash
    I have been. It?s a nice park.
    I fully expect our stadium to be the nicest park in the country. But it?s not like we?ll be the only school with a great ballpark.
    Leicester Till I Die

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dickiedawg View Post
    No one is going to have a ?much nicer stadium? than LSU.

Not saying our park won?t be nicer, but it won?t be some huge gap.
    It won't be close unless they upgrade again pretty quick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Please name another Athletic Director, whose background was being the baseball coach? Most ADs cater to football and/or basketball. I'd imagine we're a pretty sweet gig for a baseball coach as long as Cohen is the AD, so it will be hard for him to leave.

Regardless, I enjoy following him on Twitter. Dude is a beast in the weight room, and champions the school at every chance. He's awesome!
    Skip Bertman

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Msu naysayers will never go away! Why even commit about Cann after one season about him leaving.

Enjoy the moment, quit worrying about things you don't know about.
    Ok so I don?t know his family lives in Mandeville. I don?t know how much praise he was given by LSU and the local media for their offensive turnaround. I don?t know how much Manure-I said he would be missed. I don?t know that just about every LSU baseball person you speak to said he?s their main target when manure-I retires.

I?m sorry that reality trumps maroon colored glasses. I?ve been on board since day one because we finally have a coach who will actually develop the talent he gets and not micro manage.

You have to be completely oblivious to think we have him locked up as long as we want him. And for those who say his family is all in on MSU. I think we all heard that too from a recently departed head coach. Why would they say anything different.

I?m just being realistic when I say that all things being just about equal in a job, 99/100 people will choose living close to home especially with young kids. My bad for thinking logically. I just love the people throw out comments like “you don’t know what you are talking about” when it’s something they don’t want to hear. Like the alcoholic saying they don’t have a problem.
    Last edited by RougeDawg; 01-07-2018 at 05:18 PM.

vCash
    Ok so I don?t know his family lives in Mandeville. I don?t know how much praise he was given by LSU and the local media for their offensive turnaround. I don?t know how much Manure-I said he would be missed. I don?t know that just about every LSU baseball person you speak to said he?s their main target when manure-I retires.

I?m sorry that reality trumps maroon colored glasses. I?ve been on board since day one because we finally have a coach who will actually develop the talent he gets and not micro manage.

You have to be completely oblivious to think we have him locked up as long as we want him. And for those who say his family is all in on MSU. I think we all heard that too from a recently departed head coach. Why would they say anything different.

I?m just being realistic when I say that all things being just about equal in a job, 99/100 people will choose living close to home especially with young kids. My bad for thinking logically. I just love the people throw out comments like “you don’t know what you are talking about” when it’s something they don’t want to hear. Like the alcoholic saying they don’t have a problem.
    I never said we have him locked up. I said after one season folks are saying Lsu will call and he is gone which is foolish to worry about. Be happy we have a talented baseball Coach who has shown nothing but love to our others programs. I also stated quit worrying about things you don't know about.
    Btw, my Lsu buddies say there isn't much love between Cann and Minute Man! Nor do they like how Cohen handled the situation with their AD.

vCash
    The only reason to leave State for LSU would be due to the easier funding of scholarships for players
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I never said we have him locked up. I said after one season folks are saying Lsu will call and he is gone which is foolish to worry about. Be happy we have a talented baseball Coach who has shown nothing but love to our others programs. I also stated quit worrying about things you don't know about.
    Btw, my Lsu buddies say there isn't much love between Cann and Minute Man! Nor do they like how Cohen handled the situation with their AD.
    Who are your LSU buddies? That?s all I work with down here and Cann is their perceived reason for the offensive turnaround 3 years ago. Every interview Manure-I gave on news during their post season runs were nothing but praise for Canns work with the hitters and their dramatic turnaround. This is why I was happy to have him. Every person in this area praised Cann for his teaching of the game and getting player buy in. The LSU people hated that he went to their real rival because they know we are one of a few of sec teams that can knock them down a peg or two.

I?m hoping he can win big soon and get a taste and want to stay for a while. I expect a huge improvement this spring, being that he only had a few months with the team before last year. If the players buy in and learn from him, there?s no reason we can?t win SEC, barring major injuries.

Being realistic to think family is a factor.

vCash
    Who are your LSU buddies? That?s all I work with down here and Cann is their perceived reason for the offensive turnaround 3 years ago. Every interview Manure-I gave on news during their post season runs were nothing but praise for Canns work with the hitters and their dramatic turnaround. This is why I was happy to have him. Every person in this area praised Cann for his teaching of the game and getting player buy in. The LSU people hated that he went to their real rival because they know we are one of a few of sec teams that can knock them down a peg or two.

I?m hoping he can win big soon and get a taste and want to stay for a while. I expect a huge improvement this spring, being that he only had a few months with the team before last year. If the players buy in and learn from him, there?s no reason we can?t win SEC, barring major injuries.

The company I work for is based at of New Orleans (big donors), plus I have several friends who are die hard Corndog fans.

Yes, Manieri gave Cann lots of praise, he also felt Cann betrayed him and if you go back and read he has taken shots at Cann. Also Cohen didn't ask the Lsu folks for permission to talk to Cann, which it's pretty obvious Cohen knew if he became AD who he was brining in to replace him as Head baseball Coach.

I ain't even thinking about what Lsu would do but Manieri has stated he wants to Coach longer.

vCash
    delete
    Last edited by was21; 01-07-2018 at 06:36 PM.

vCash

Going by your moniker, methinks you may be under the influence of the coonass

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundawg1974 View Post
    Skip Bertman
    Ray tanner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenheadDawg View Post
    You been to the new box? I have several times and ours will be much nicer
    This.