Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: He's Baaaack

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    Fitz had better develop more than the kid behind him.
    No. Stop it. Fitz is better than Key its not close

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    The new wr gonna help for sure. I?d also be willing to bet Joe refines his mechanics a little more. Joes offense depends a lot on deep balls so it would stand to reason joe can coach up a qb in throwing especially the deep ball. Mcsorley was a short 3 Star and look what he did for him. Key is definitely more polished than nick or Dak were at this point in their development
    Great post!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    From Sweat's instagram.

Looks like the SEC's sack leader will be returning for his SR year. YUGE, YUGE I tell ya.

After losing Bear, B Brown, J Rob, & having Fred Brown kicked out of school in 2015, it's nice to catch a break this time.

It's fairly official at this point that the 2018 Mississippi State Bulldogs will be the most talented football team our school has ever put on the field. If you don't believe this, please come with some evidence to the contrary.

The 1999 team is better until proven different. You had All Americans and All SEC players on both sides of the ball then. It ain't even close on paper

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    Fitz had better develop more than the kid behind him.
    Fritz had better stay better than the kid behind him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    The 1999 team is better until proven different. You had All Americans and All SEC players on both sides of the ball then. It ain't even close on paper
    I love the 1999 team but we had some issues on the offensive side of the ball.

Too soon to know but the 2018 team will get a chance to prove their merits in the fall but the potential is there.

vCash
    One thing that is being overlooked is WR development. I believe our CURRENT WRs will look much better with a year's experience and coaching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Just upgrading our WR crew will help Fitz tremendously. He had to have 60+ dropped
    Passes this year or more. That?s only 5 per game and that seems conservative with how many catchable balls I watched fall to the turf.
    Yeah, but I?d venture to say that half of those were on Fitz.

I realize the old saying that if it touches your hands you should catch it, but that?s not always the case. Fitz throw heat seeking missles that are many times too hard and lack touch

vCash
    Just looked at the 1999 Roster : https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...99-roster.html

I think the teams are pretty comparable in the trenches but IMO the 2008 team will have more explosive skill position players and better depth.

The 99 team was a damn good roster though. It’s definitly the only contender
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 01-06-2018 at 09:22 AM.

vCash
    Just looked at the 1999 Roster : https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...99-roster.html

I think the teams are pretty comparable in the trenches but IMO the 2008 team will have more explosive skill position players and better depth.

I dunno man, I?d take 1999 over 2008 any day. 2008 got Croom fires a year after being the SEC CotY.

vCash

We don't have 1 All American listed on the 2018 team. That team had 5-6 alone. That's not including all SEC
    Last edited by bulldawg28; 01-06-2018 at 09:45 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I love the 1999 team but we had some issues on the offensive side of the ball.

Too soon to know but the 2018 team will get a chance to prove their merits in the fall but the potential is there.
    The offensive team in 99 would score at least 35 on the 2018 team. That big offensive line would wear them out. Our 2018 offense would maybe score one touchdown, but I doubt that

vCash
    The offensive team in 99 would score at least 35 on the 2018 team. That big offensive line would wear them out. Our 2018 offense would maybe score one touchdown, but I doubt that
    28, you know I love you, right? Come on mane... 1999 State broke 30 twice all year, mtsu and vandy

vCash
    I don’t agree with this at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    28, you know I love you, right? Come on mane... 1999 State broke 30 twice all year, mtsu and vandy
    Which is why 2008 is better. More skill position players and better QB play

vCash
    We don't have 1 All American listed on the 2018 team. That team had 5-6 alone.
    The 2018 team will have more NFL players. I can’t control who the media votes for All American and that isn’t really about talent.

Additionally, the 1999 team was competing in a probation ridden SEC West.

vCash
    Fitz and Key would run circles around Madkin and Wyatt

That alone makes this almost a mute discussion.

vCash
    Which is why 2008 is better. More skill position players and better QB play
    I suppose you mean 2018, right?

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    I wish there was a way to redshirt Key next year and give him 3 years to be the guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    I wish there was a way to redshirt Key next year and give him 3 years to be the guy.
    Might cost you mayden.

vCash
    Yeah, but I?d venture to say that half of those were on Fitz.

I realize the old saying that if it touches your hands you should catch it, but that?s not always the case. Fitz throw heat seeking missles that are many times too hard and lack touch
    You add half of the drops and non catches to the completions/yardage side of the ledger and Fitz's numbers look wonderful. That's like saying I won $500M in a lottery, but only get to keep half. So what, you still got $250M.