Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: He's Baaaack

vCash

He's Baaaack

From Sweat's instagram.

Looks like the SEC's sack leader will be returning for his SR year. YUGE, YUGE I tell ya.

After losing Bear, B Brown, J Rob, & having Fred Brown kicked out of school in 2015, it's nice to catch a break this time.

It's fairly official at this point that the 2018 Mississippi State Bulldogs will be the most talented football team our school has ever put on the field. If you don't believe this, please come with some evidence to the contrary.

Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 01-05-2018 at 11:01 PM.

vCash
    Looks like Coach JoMo doing good work. This is almost like picking up another big time recruit. Glad Montez realizes how much more he can raise his stock with another big year. Could be Myles Garrett 2.0.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    From Sweat's instagram.

Looks like the SEC's sack leader will be returning for his SR year. YUGE, YUGE I tell ya.

After losing Bear, B Brown, J Rob, & having Fred Brown kicked out of school in 2015, it's nice to catch a break this time.

It's fairly official at this point that the 2018 Mississippi State Bulldogs will be the most talented football team our school has ever put on the field. If you don't believe this, please come with some evidence to the contrary.

110 sacks seems like an unrealistic goal...

vCash
    Defense gonna be saaaalty.

Need 1 or 2 of these new WRs to be ballers immediately and we could be really good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    Defense gonna be saaaalty.

Need 1 or 2 of these new WRs to be ballers immediately and we could be really good.
    The WRs & Fitz's development & capacity to run the new offense are the key.

What we really need are more big plays on offense. As good as we were at times on offense, you simply can't rely on 10+ play drives to beat Bama.

One of the main reasons that OM had so much success against Bama was that they were able to get big plays out of their WRs & have short drives that produced points.

The current big plays on our offense are 15 or 20 yard runs by our QB or RBs. We've got to find some 40 yard passes or 60 yard bombs that make those safeties pull back allow our running game to be even better.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 01-05-2018 at 11:14 PM.

vCash
    Fitz had better develop more than the kid behind him.

vCash
    Don't start. It's fitz' job.

vCash
    Here's the thing.

I believe Keytaon is gonna be unreal & awesome, but we need Fitz to be the starter for this team.

This is Fitz's team. He has been through the wars of the SEC, has led comebacks, & takes shots & gotten back up. He is the guy that has the experience & is primed to do this.

I realize there may be many Keytaon fans out there but we need Fitz to excel in this offense & lead this team.

vCash
    Here's the thing.

I believe Keytaon is gonna be unreal & awesome, but we need Fitz to be the starter for this team.

This is Fitz's team. He has been through the wars of the SEC, has led comebacks, & takes shots & gotten back up. He is the guy that has the experience & is primed to do this.

I realize there may be many Keytaon fans out there but we need Fitz to excel in this offense & lead this team.
    Fitz will get it done. The kid has shown us his heart. He?s a winner. He?s gonna turn it up a notch this coming year. Kids got a chip on his shoulder and he?ll be ready.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Fitz will get it done. The kid has shown us his heart. He?s a winner. He?s gonna turn it up a notch this coming year. Kids got a chip on his shoulder and he?ll be ready.
    The one thing I wish Fitz could learn to do that appears to come natural to Key is step into his throws.

I can't remember Key throwing off his back foot at all when he played this year. He climbs the pocket & drives the ball better than Fitz. Fitz has a strong arm but, due to throwing off his back foot, air mails the ball. Having non-midgets WRs should really help Fitz though

vCash
    The one thing I wish Fitz could learn to do that appears to come natural to Key is step into his throws.

I can't remember Key throwing off his back foot at all when he played this year. He climbs the pocket & drives the ball better than Fitz. Fitz has a strong arm but, due to throwing off his back foot, air mails the ball. Having non-midgets WRs should really help Fitz though
    The new wr gonna help for sure. I?d also be willing to bet Joe refines his mechanics a little more. Joes offense depends a lot on deep balls so it would stand to reason joe can coach up a qb in throwing, especially the deep ball. Mcsorley was a short 3 Star and look what he did for him. Key is definitely more polished than nick or Dak were at this point in their development but this is Fitz team.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 01-06-2018 at 02:32 AM.

vCash
    Sweat back is huge. Our dline has potential to the best in the sec, which means among the best in the country.

vCash
    AWWWWWWWYEEEEAAAAAHHHH!

I hope this means he is definitely coming back for sure. Would be absolutely huge.

As far as Fitz and Key- Fitz should start. This is his team and he is THE leader. Fitz hasn't done anything to warrant losing the QB job. Thing is I expect Key to play a good but like Penn State did with McSorley and Tommy Stevens their back up. (I think that's the name of their back-up)

Key is going to be really good but he still needs to develop some with his passing even though he is further along than Fitz and Dak at this point in his career.

vCash
    Yuge! Excellente!

vCash
    From Sweat's instagram.

If true, and it looks like it is, lock and load boys, if JoMo and his staff are competent, and think they are more than that, next year could be a very special year.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash

Just upgrading our WR crew will help Fitz tremendously. He had to have 60+ dropped
    Passes this year or more. That?s only 5 per game and that seems conservative with how many catchable balls I watched fall to the turf.

vCash
    This guy disagrees about 110 sacks***
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Treemydawg; 01-06-2018 at 12:12 AM.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Anyone thinking Key should start over Fitz needs a head exam. He played well but still made some mistakes. He needs more development. I will also add that it appeared that our WR started improving immediately after Gonzo departed. They made some nice catches in Gator Bowl and did not have the dropsies like they had had most of the season.

It?s not even worth a conversation at this point. We have a QB who is a lot to break all of Dak?s rushing records and move into 2nd place in just about all passing categories. Drop it before you start something that rips the team apart.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Just upgrading our WR crew will help Fitz tremendously. He had to have 60+ dropped
    Passes this year or more. That?s only 5 per game and that seems conservative with how many catchable balls I watched fall to the turf.
    Agree on that. He could improve his accuracy for sure but we dropped a ton for him. Fitz threw some balls into tight coverage that were absolute dimes that were dropped as well.

Banned
    vCash
    Merry Christmas!! I love 2018