View Poll Results: Which helmet lookss better?

Voters
157. You may not vote on this poll
  • Interlocking MSU

94 59.87%
  • M-State helmet

63 40.13%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which State logo do you prefer?

vCash
    New era. Better football program. -> Banner M

Wish we would do a throwback game with the Rocket M.

vCash
    Nike also licensed that logo to Midwestern State University, a DII school in Texas, at the same time that we were using it.

http://nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/lonestar.htm
    "Man was made improvable, not perfect, so Strive for the Highest." James C. Floyd

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHildreth3 View Post
    I think this one looks awesome

Although I like M-State, this one would be nice. Hasn't it been said the interlocking is tied up with Nike or someone? So it's not even an option?

Never mind.....I see other thread.
    Last edited by Dawgface; 01-04-2018 at 02:29 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    New era. Better football program. -> Banner M

Wish we would do a throwback game with the Rocket M.
    That would be pretty cool. I wonder why we don't break out some of the old logos for throwbacks about once a season.
    Last edited by HossDawg97; 01-04-2018 at 02:33 PM.
    "Man was made improvable, not perfect, so Strive for the Highest." James C. Floyd

vCash

LOL I just put the interlocking percentage over 61%. I have always liked the 1999 helmets, but the one above I really like too. I know that many people like the M-State one, and everybody has their own opinions, but I have just always liked those Jackie helmets.

vCash

That is by far my most favorite. Sure wish we could get it back!
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    Not letting me post a pic, but I like this one we used from 1986-95.

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/vie...6/Primary_Logo

vCash
    Does the J=junction or jive in the MSJ emblem

vCash

This is an awesome looking helmet.

vCash
    Personally I wish we could use the Baseball logo on our helmets. Love the MSU baseball logo

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Hey guys. I have been reading for years. I decided to create an account for this thread. I have a helmet from the late 80s when Felker was coach. It was the best in my opinion. It looks almost exactly like the one Chilly Billy mocked up. I will post a pic of it when I get off work.

Banned
    vCash
    I like the old baseball uniform pinstripe with just State on it as a good retro look...too bad you can’t do helmets like that.

vCash
    If you a holes were half as passionate about MBB as you are about helmet logos, I wouldn't have to watch our team play to a mostly empty arena. It really looks bad on my new HDTV.*****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Interesting...

Beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    MState logo can be the brand, but it doesn't have to go on the helmet. Bama has numbers on their helmet. Penn State has a blank helmet. You sound like a consultant when you say that.
    Not a consultant, but married to someone who has a masters in Sports Marketing so I've been exposed to that kind of talk a whole bunch.
    WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING?!?

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    Need more options:

1963 - 1965

1969 - 1971

If nothing else, those bad boys warrant inclusion on some throwback uniforms here and there.

Between the interlocking and M-State, I'm torn. I've always thought that the M-State looked way too much like Michigan's mark. But I've also gotten used to it and associate it with modern MSU football, along with the new bulldog logos. The interlocking logo is great -- though I'm not sure which iteration I prefer -- and I associate it directly with the first decade of my MSU fandom. But, at least for me, it's a tad dated in a way that's not as appealing as some of the older logos I posted above.

vCash
    Come on MStaters. Let?s take the lead!

The only critique of the MState logo is that it needs to be a larger on the helmet. About the size of Wisconsin?s W. Or the Missouri M from a few years ago.

Speaking of Wisc, if you just wanted to go with a new look for a new era, I wouldn?t mind a helmet just like Wisconsin?s. White with maroon face mask and Large maroon MState with two maroon stripes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prediction? Pain. View Post
    Need more options:

1963 - 1965

1969 - 1971

If nothing else, those bad boys warrant inclusion on some throwback uniforms here and there.

Between the interlocking and M-State, I'm torn. I've always thought that the M-State looked way too much like Michigan's mark. But I've also gotten used to it and associate it with modern MSU football, along with the new bulldog logos. The interlocking logo is great -- though I'm not sure which iteration I prefer -- and I associate it directly with the first decade of my MSU fandom. But, at least for me, it's a tad dated in a way that's not as appealing as some of the older logos I posted above.
    That Bulldog logo is badass lets do that one

vCash
    Hard to believe it’s this close. Got to be some OM trolls voting
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I think it's directly tied to when you attended school...just my opinion but there are sentimental ties to a logo. If you were in school during the interlocking times, chances are you feel a bit more fondly of it (and vice versa on the banner).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I think most people that prefer the M State like some of those uniforms from our run to #1. The people that love the MSJ think fondly of the run to the SEC Championship game and winning the West. I like the M State because it gives us better brand recognition. If you say MSU, most people not in the SEC think of Michigan State. The M State is shown whenever they show highlights of Dak or our run to #1. That trumps all of those other games to me.