Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UCF Claims National Championship

vCash
    I’m fine with them hanging a National Championship banner. Hell if the Turds beat GA they will hang yet another one without winning their state, their division or their conference. Seems the Div I will NEVER have a true play-off simply because there won’t be a “rematch” between “storied” programs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Esac44 View Post
    I’m fine with them hanging a National Championship banner. Hell if the Turds beat GA they will hang yet another one without winning their state, their division or their conference. Seems the Div I will NEVER have a true play-off simply because there won’t be a “rematch” between “storied” programs.
    Meh with unbalanced scheduling, I have no problem with a team not winning their division/conference making the playoff or natty. Until everyone in a conference/division play all the same conf games, it’s kinda a broken idea that one needs to win their division/conf to make it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by West Tn Dawg View Post
    Are they related to the Rebels? That is such an OM thing!
    Maybe they really COULD replace Ole Miss int he SEC?

vCash
    I wonder what the trohy they buy is going to look like?

vCash
    Frost had a $200k bonus in his contract for winning a NC...wonder if UCF will pay him since they are claiming the title.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbo View Post
    Frost had a $200k bonus in his contract for winning a NC...wonder if UCF will pay him since they are claiming the title.
    Be funny his agent contacted the school asking for the money.

vCash
    update: yes, the will. UCF AD just tweeted it out

vCash
    best 7th post, eveh...

"It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    They spell U.C.F. with hand motions. Looks like a stadium full of village people.

Nobody with hand motions should be in the playoff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutt the Hoople View Post
    Back to back National Championships, baby!!!!!!!!!!!!
    When and where is our parade?

vCash
    So they?re buying a participation trophy. Nice.

vCash
    Bianchi is losing his shite on Finebaum... Called the NC a "consolation game"... PF is grilling him....

and as a sidebar, how many of you cats woulda been aight with a 2014 MSU 11-1 team (with a close loss in TTown) gettin' left out of the CFP for an undefeated UCF team?

No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by West Tn Dawg View Post
    Are they related to the Rebels? That is such an OM thing!
    Funny you say that. Danny White was "senior associate athletic director" under Bjork hahaha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    Problem with a ucf scheduling big name P5 programs, is those P5 programs would be fools to schedule ucf types. I?d rather chance losing to Texas or f$u or Michigan than chance losing to ucf, even if ucf is better than those teams this year on the field. Lose to ucf and your season is done. Lose to a Michigan or f$u and you can still run the table and be in good shape. Best a mediocre Michigan or Texas or f$u and the name alone carries some clout too. Beat ucf and everyone expects you to beat them even if they go 10-2 or something. So there?s really no incentive for the bama?s and the uga?s and the clemson?s to schedule ucf type programs. You can?t blame ucf for not scheduling those games either because it takes 2 to tango. It just is what it is. Maybe with multiple seasons of sustained 10+ win success, one of the neutral site season openers invites ucf to play a big dog program (like Boise played uga and va tech in season openers in atl and dc when Petersen was there, but that was after multiple top 10 finishes), but that?s about all you can hope for for a regular season shot at a big program.

Whoever said going undefeated against any schedule is easy, most of the top 25 would?ve run the table with ucf?s schedule.

Also, claiming the natty is just dumb and looks desperate. Hang a banner for an undefeated season and peach bowl champs, but don?t be that guy that tries to claim the natty.
    Out of 65 teams, I guarantee you there are plenty of schools that would be open to doing a buy game with UCF and they could probably fill their schedules with 2 and 1's. They had Ga Tech playing at UCF this year. Nebraska recently played at Southern. Even relatively big time programs are finding themselves having to agree to 2 for 1's to get their schedule filled.

If UCF had scheduled two more Power 5 teams instead of FUI and Austin Peay, I think they would have had a legitimate argument about getting left out. Even if they scheduled mid-tier teams, if they scheduled four of them two years out, at least one or two of them would probably end up good. But you can't go into scheduling knowing that your conference schedule is going to be weaker than any Power 5 team's and then also schedule two cupcakes in OOC. well, you can, but you can't do that and also complain that you aren't in the running for a national title.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Bianchi is losing his shite on Finebaum... Called the NC a "consolation game"... PF is grilling him....

and as a sidebar, how many of you cats woulda been aight with a 2014 MSU 11-1 team (with a close loss in TTown) gettin' left out of the CFP for an undefeated UCF team?
    I would be pissed and would have a better reason to be pissed.

vCash
    best 7th post, eveh...

Ha Ha Ha. Ya kill me...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I would be pissed and would have a better reason to be pissed.
    Thanks, Jack... I kinda thought that'd put things in perspective for the "You should have to win your conference" crowd.

No.

vCash
    Thanks, Jack... I kinda thought that'd put things in perspective for the "You should have to win your conference" crowd.
    So basically it’s about who you play and not who you defeat in your opinion? I am in the “you gotta win” crowd to be considered a Champion, not ashamed of it at all. Seems like there are a lot of “oh just pick who’s best” and let the rest suck it up crowd but everyone is entitled to their opinion... (is that 8th or 9th?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    Problem with a ucf scheduling big name P5 programs, is those P5 programs would be fools to schedule ucf types. I?d rather chance losing to Texas or f$u or Michigan than chance losing to ucf, even if ucf is better than those teams this year on the field. Lose to ucf and your season is done. Lose to a Michigan or f$u and you can still run the table and be in good shape. Best a mediocre Michigan or Texas or f$u and the name alone carries some clout too. Beat ucf and everyone expects you to beat them even if they go 10-2 or something. So there?s really no incentive for the bama?s and the uga?s and the clemson?s to schedule ucf type programs. You can?t blame ucf for not scheduling those games either because it takes 2 to tango. It just is what it is. Maybe with multiple seasons of sustained 10+ win success, one of the neutral site season openers invites ucf to play a big dog program (like Boise played uga and va tech in season openers in atl and dc when Petersen was there, but that was after multiple top 10 finishes), but that’s about all you can hope for for a regular season shot at a big program.

Whoever said going undefeated against any schedule is easy, most of the top 25 would?ve run the table with ucf?s schedule.

Also, claiming the natty is just dumb and looks desperate. Hang a banner for an undefeated season and peach bowl champs, but don?t be that guy that tries to claim the natty.
    Heard that bullshit argument when we beat Farvre and when we beat UCF in 2007.

vCash
    So basically it’s about who you play and not who you defeat in your opinion? I am in the “you gotta win” crowd to be considered a Champion, not ashamed of it at all. Seems like there are a lot of “oh just pick who’s best” and let the rest suck it up crowd but everyone is entitled to their opinion... (is that 8th or 9th?)
    I dig what you're saying... But I'm in the "put the best teams in the CFP" crowd...

Now, if a program like UCF (and their schedule) was the only undefeated, major college program and everyone else had 3 or 4 losses, I could buy it, maybe...

Heck, if we want to penalize competition, I'd like to see Bammer get in the CUSA, go 13-0 every single year and cruise into the CFP with no injuries...

You may be on to something, here

No.