Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ado Haters...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    I think you got your arrows mixed up..There is no way you think Herard is better than this guy. He is as good as Ado easily. He is a shot blocking freak.
    Too bad he cant run and is out of position on nearly every play.. mind you its his HIGHLIGHT tape. Cant jump either. Ado leaps and bounds a better basketball player as is Herard.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaDawgs View Post
    Too bad he cant run and is out of position on nearly every play.. mind you its his HIGHLIGHT tape. Cant jump either. Ado leaps and bounds a better basketball player as is Herard.
    This is the funniest shit I have read in a long time. Did we watch the same Herard? The one who looked lost ALL THE TIME, had brick hands and even though he was 6'11" could'nt block a shot to save his life. The point is Herard is gone and the staff wants to replace him with Jethro. It is obvious the staff as well as me can see how much better this guy is than Herard. I am not saying this guy is Shaq because he basically doesnt have much offensive game BUT his defense is leaps and bounds better than Herard.
    Last edited by Dawg-gone-dawgs; 01-03-2018 at 03:24 PM.
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MCsMGs View Post
    Looks to me like Lamar is coming out of his funk...I don't know what stretches you are referring to, but in my observation, he was key to the win last night.
    It wasn't until he came into the game that we even attempted to penetrate and break down Arky's defense. He made several key assists, played solid defense and committed ONE turnover. We were clearly a better team when he was on the floor. We don't need him to score big when he plays like he did last night, but when his confidence comes back on his shot it will be a big bonus.
    Oh he definitely played better for a long stretch last night. He showed his potential by playing within himself. Played good defense, made good passes, and drove the lane. But there was a few minute stretch there where he reverted back. Jacked up some 3s, (0 for 3), committed that turnover, made a pass that Ado (I think) wasn't even looking for (was a great pass, but it still resulted in a TO bc the guy wasn't looking), and missed a free throw. This was all right around the early to mid part of the 2nd half.
    You're right, overall he had a good game, but he still gets really streaky. He just needs to control himself and stay in his game. Dish the ball, and drive to the hoop. If he will, he is a great asset.

vCash
    He should try shooting free throws underhanded....those bricks he puts up are embarrassing, that being said he is improving nicley and has a high ceiling, we need him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Dick had 2 good years. Thanks to Stans and John Brady
    Here we go again.

Williams went to the NIT in 1990- State's 1st post season in quite awhile
    Williams won an SEC Title in 1991 with a group that had started for 4 years
    Williams went to the NIT in 1994 with a young team
    Williams went to a Sweet 16 in 1995
    Williams went to the FF in 1996

That's 5 postseason teams in 7 years. Thats a good run. And not only that- he left Stands an NCAA level team that Stands turned into an NIT team in 1999. Williams will forever have gone farther in the NCAA Tourney than Stands ever did.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Stand went to postseason 9 out of 11 years and had more titles and more success (wins) and we ran him off. It was time, just saying.
    Last edited by confucius say; 01-03-2018 at 07:59 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Stand went to postseason 9 out of 11 years and had more titles and more success (wins) and we ran him off. It was time, just saying.
    Stands did well at State. He took over the program in the best shape its been in since 1963. He had an NCAA Tourney talented team dropped in his lap and led them to an NIT instead. Williams took over an abortion where Bob Boyd had only recruited over the phone and had actually lost to Delta State. Stands embraced the State network and helped lead it in much of the way Freeze did at OM. The difference is that Stands wasnt a phony or a POS.

Williams revived our program and the Stands posse just have to get over it and give him his props. Stands then made us more consistent but just couldnt handle the discipline of being the HC. Our administration made a bad choice in Ray- that had nothing to with Stands. Now Howland has us back on the track Williams set for us in modern times. Good for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Stands did well at State. He took over the program in the best shape its been in since 1963. He had an NCAA Tourney talented team dropped in his lap and led them to an NIT instead. Williams took over an abortion where Bob Boyd had only recruited over the phone and had actually lost to Delta State. Stands embraced the State network and helped lead it in much of the way Freeze did at OM. The difference is that Stands wasnt a phony or a POS.

Williams revived our program and the Stands posse just have to get over it and give him his props. Stands then made us more consistent but just couldnt handle the discipline of being the HC. Our administration made a bad choice in Ray- that had nothing to with Stands. Now Howland has us back on the track Williams set for us in modern times. Good for us.
    I Don't disagree with any of that.

vCash
    Ado reminds me of a way more athletic and a bit shorter Eric Dampier. I say that because of where he is as a freshman on offense and defense. Damp was always a force on defense and got better at it every week. He was NOT a good offensive player at first. He really had to work at it but by his last year he was more than competent there. Ado is going to be very good. What we need now is another 5 or a bruiser type 4.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Ado reminds me of a way more athletic and a bit shorter Eric Dampier. I say that because of where he is as a freshman on offense and defense. Damp was always a force on defense and got better at it every week. He was NOT a good offensive player at first. He really had to work at it but by his last year he was more than competent there. Ado is going to be very good. What we need now is another 5 or a bruiser type 4.
    someone kind of like Jethro Tshisumpa?
    No Signature

vCash
    What we need now is another 5 or a bruiser type 4.
    Agreed. Howland obviously favors the stretch 4, but I feel like we need one guy who can work inside to play with Ado. It would probably take some of the attention off of him (he seems to get doubled a ton when he gets the ball despite not being a huge offensive threat), which would let him get comfortable with his offense faster.

It sucks that Brooks would have been that guy. Reggie Perry is primarily a stretch 4, but I'm hoping he can go inside too.
    Last edited by thf24; 01-04-2018 at 09:30 AM.

vCash
    Here we go again.

Williams went to the NIT in 1990- State's 1st post season in quite awhile
    Williams won an SEC Title in 1991 with a group that had started for 4 years
    Williams went to the NIT in 1994 with a young team
    Williams went to a Sweet 16 in 1995
    Williams went to the FF in 1996

That's 5 postseason teams in 7 years. Thats a good run. And not only that- he left Stands an NCAA level team that Stands turned into an NIT team in 1999. Williams will forever have gone farther in the NCAA Tourney than Stands ever did.
    Ha, i knew that would stir you up. Dick benched Todd Meritt in 91 and Let some directional Michigan team beat Us. I thought you said the NIT was just a tourney for shitty teams. Williams ran off several good players but only Stans catches flak for transfers. i was at every home game during that era. Dick had some good assistants.

vCash

Actually Ron Greene had our program in great shape, but Bob Tyler screwed Him and He left. Greene team of White-Hooker-Grimm-Peck and Brown might be the best team we ever had. Hatfield ruined our team. The game we lost to Delta State was because of Gerald Glass, he was unstoppable. Dick almost screwed up the 96 team, till he backed off Donte and just let him play. Hell we lost to Little Rock at the HUMP and after that He took the reins off of Donte. You can slant it anyway you want to, but if any MSU team was in the top 3 in wins (SEC) for ten years-we would have built the Coach a statue.

vCash
    I agree on him long term- just talking about this season specifically. His offense is a project- but he can certainly play D. The problem with him being a project on offense is that he plays with Holman who plays like he is 6'4 instead of 6'11
    Amen!!! Holman wants to live & die with 3?s but I am beyond shocked at Ado?s lack of development with the ball in his hands. He has ZERO low post moves, ZIP, None, Nada. Did he not practice with the team all of last year??? Do we not have a coach working with our Biggs??? Holman wants to be a shooting guard and while Ado plays with great effort and is a rebounding machine, I have seen several junior high post players with more game than Ado.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Actually Ron Greene had our program in great shape, but Bob Tyler screwed Him and He left. Greene team of White-Hooker-Grimm-Peck and Brown might be the best team we ever had. Hatfield ruined our team. The game we lost to Delta State was because of Gerald Glass, he was unstoppable. Dick almost screwed up the 96 team, till he backed off Donte and just let him play. Hell we lost to Little Rock at the HUMP and after that He took the reins off of Donte. You can slant it anyway you want to, but if any MSU team was in the top 3 in wins (SEC) for ten years-we would have built the Coach a statue.
    Actually, Richard was still riding Dontae very hard midway through SEC play but the turning point in letting up on him came after benching him for most of the 2nd half while Kentucky was blowing us out at the Hump, but after that game, Richard finally let Dontae be Dontae and that started our surge the 2nd half of conference play that carried us all the way to the Final 4.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by biggun View Post
    Amen!!! Holman wants to live & die with 3?s but I am beyond shocked at Ado?s lack of development with the ball in his hands. He has ZERO low post moves, ZIP, None, Nada. Did he not practice with the team all of last year??? Do we not have a coach working with our Biggs??? Holman wants to be a shooting guard and while Ado plays with great effort and is a rebounding machine, I have seen several junior high post players with more game than Ado.
    I don't think either of you have watched many of our games this year if you're gonna make comments about Homan like that...

vCash
    Ado?s lower half and ball skills, especially his speed with the ball, will never allow him to be an offensive threat. I can?t understand why y?all can?t accept having another Swat master on the team. He?s a defensive stud. We?d suck defensively in the post without him and our G?s can?t stop a damn drive to save their lives, so I?m thankful as hell we have him. I don?t see how this isn?t obvious. People look at a stat line and think ?3 blocks?? He only made 3 plays? No! He probably made 10-15 easy layups against arkansas very difficult shots. He?s a freak and right now arguably our MVP. He?s sure as hell the defensive MVP.

vCash
    One huge difference. Despite Damp’s limitations down low, he Always commanded a double team which created open shots on the perimeter for Wilson, Dontae, and Bullard. Damp was a double digit scorer freshman year on.

Ado will never be doubled which keeps our shooters blanketed.

vCash
    Ado will never be doubled which keeps our shooters blanketed.
    Did you watch the game Tuesday night? Ado was doubled almost every time he touched the ball!

ETA Howland bragged in the post game interview how well Ado passed out of the double teams and he said it again in his segment from the Veranda last night.
    Last edited by MCsMGs; 01-04-2018 at 04:47 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Ado?s lower half and ball skills, especially his speed with the ball, will never allow him to be an offensive threat. I can?t understand why y?all can?t accept having another Swat master on the team. He?s a defensive stud. We?d suck defensively in the post without him and our G?s can?t stop a damn drive to save their lives, so I?m thankful as hell we have him. I don?t see how this isn?t obvious. People look at a stat line and think ?3 blocks?? He only made 3 plays? No! He probably made 10-15 easy layups against arkansas very difficult shots. He?s a freak and right now arguably our MVP. He?s sure as hell the defensive MVP.
    Nobody is questioning his defense- but when you a play a Stretch 4 like Holman that doesnt have a low post presence at all- you need a 5 that can post up to help you offense. We dont have that in him currently and it hurts our offense.

Vanardo had Charles Rhodes and Kodi Augustus with him- which gave us some inside help on offense. Plus Vanardo could make FT's unlike Ado who shoots them like Shaq (42.9%)