Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair Gel Say.....

vCash

Hair Gel Say.....

According to his ?analytics? MSU is about the 24th or 25th ranked team going into 2018.

Me thinks Hair Gel May need to adjust his analytics.

vCash
    Lol... who is hair gel?

vCash
    Spirit Jake Wimberly is solid with his analytics but he undervalues us in 2018 if he really has us that low
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Spirit Jake Wimberly is solid with his analytics but he undervalues us in 2018 if he really has us that low
    part of the problem is that guys like Sweat, Fitz, and Eiland were 3 stars. Then throw in the SRs and experience of the team and you’ve got a different animals.

I truthfully believe that talent ranking misrepresent MSU more than any team in the country. We are a loophole

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    part of the problem is that guys like Sweat, Fitz, and Eiland were 3 stars. Then throw in the SRs and experience of the team and you’ve got a different animals.

I truthfully believe that talent ranking misrepresent MSU more than any team in the country. We are a loophole
    Another part of the problem with his analytics is the coaching factor. Joe Moorhead doesn't have a track record as a head coach, outside of Fordham, and I'm not sure how his days at Fordham factor into this.

vCash
    LOL! I thought this thread was about Jordan Rogers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Another part of the problem with his analytics is the coaching factor. Joe Moorhead doesn't have a track record as a head coach, outside of Fordham, and I'm not sure how his days at Fordham factor into this.
    This is true.

I seriously think between the JUCO players & slightly underrated high school guys across the board, MSU may be the most mis-evaluated team in the country as far as talent level.

My eyes tell me that something is off. When the talent rankings continue to say that MSU is about the 24th-25th team, the reality is that MSU is somewhere between 13-17.

I'll be interested to see what type of ranking bump Dolla Bill gets after the UA game. Heath has the flu so my guess is that he doesn't move.

However, Dolla Bill's ranking bump could be indicative of the type of bump many of our players should get do to undercoverage. Dolla Bill is an 87 composite & 90 by 247.

Say he jumps to a 94 after the reranking on 247 and & 90 composite. Could we also make a generalization that most MSU commits are 2-4 points lower than they should be?

vCash
    According to his ?analytics? MSU is about the 24th or 25th ranked team going into 2018.

Me thinks Hair Gel May need to adjust his analytics.
    LOL. I don't always agree with Hair Gel, but I think he's right here. At least this is what I expect pre-season rankings to be. We will either be just outside the top 25 or just in. When it comes to MSU, folks don't look for reasons why we should be ranked, rather for reasons why we shouldn't. New coach and a QB coming off a horrific injury will give them all the reasons they need to not rank us very high.

vCash
    Nobody puts Hair Gel in the corner!!

vCash
    MadDawg 2 points:

1) Hair Gel isn't predicting what the media will rank us, he's saying that HE thinks we'll be the 25th best team. This is his own opinion.

2) Even the media will have a hard time ranking us 24-25: We will finish this year 20th at the worst, and return more starters than the vast vast majority of teams. Most in the West for sure. And we return all the most important players returning (Sweat still pending, though even Rosebowl is now leaning towards him staying). I know the media always underrates us... but it's going to be extremely difficult to take a team that finishes at 20, returns almost everything, and say they are now 5 spots worse. They may but I doubt it

vCash
    This is true.

I seriously think between the JUCO players & slightly underrated high school guys across the board, MSU may be the most mis-evaluated team in the country as far as talent level.

My eyes tell me that something is off. When the talent rankings continue to say that MSU is about the 24th-25th team, the reality is that MSU is somewhere between 13-17.

I'll be interested to see what type of ranking bump Dolla Bill gets after the UA game. Heath has the flu so my guess is that he doesn't move.

However, Dolla Bill's ranking bump could be indicative of the type of bump many of our players should get do to undercoverage. Dolla Bill is an 87 composite & 90 by 247.

Say he jumps to a 94 after the reranking on 247 and & 90 composite. Could we also make a generalization that most MSU commits are 2-4 points lower than they should be?
    Is this just because the services have bad evaluators working in MS? You would think when year after year MS ranks in the top 2-3 producers of NFL talent per capita that they would be all over the state looking at the talent. Instead, it takes a firm offer from Alabama to get a MS kid recognized. I would assume too that most of the scouting done by the services is done at 7v7 camps and such - most of which are not in MS and MS kids miss out because of it?

vCash
    1. Good point

2. You may very well be right here. Winning the bowl game, which I didn't expect, could change what I predict.

vCash
    Winning the bowl game changed the entire perception of us heading into 2018. Huge for us and our brand

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    MadDawg 2 points:

1) Hair Gel isn't predicting what the media will rank us, he's saying that HE thinks we'll be the 25th best team. This is his own opinion.

2) Even the media will have a hard time ranking us 24-25: We will finish this year 20th at the worst, and return more starters than the vast vast majority of teams. Most in the West for sure. And we return all the most important players returning (Sweat still pending, though even Rosebowl is now leaning towards him staying). I know the media always underrates us... but it's going to be extremely difficult to take a team that finishes at 20, returns almost everything, and say they are now 5 spots worse. They may but I doubt it
    On your point two, the schedule is a good bit tougher next year, and that can certainly play into the thought process that the media may see us as 5 spots worse than last year.

I personally don't care. I hope they severely undervalue us. We saw all year, and especially in the bowl game, that this team really plays with a chip on its shoulder when it feels disrespected.

vCash
    We will finish about 20th this year, we won a bowl game with our backup qb and a makeshift coaching staff, and we lose hardly anyone off this team. If anyone ranks us lower than 20th to start 2018 they are not trying very hard. A lot of Mississippi media guys shit on State because they think it's cute and it makes all their Rebel buddies giggle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    On your point two, the schedule is a good bit tougher next year, and that can certainly play into the thought process that the media may see us as 5 spots worse than last year.

I personally don't care. I hope they severely undervalue us. We saw all year, and especially in the bowl game, that this team really plays with a chip on its shoulder when it feels disrespected.
    We played Bama at home along with the SEC Champ and West Champ on the road. I dont think next year's schedule is necessarily tougher.

Florida wont be Georgia good
    Auburn wont be as good.
    LSU wont be quite as good but it will be on the road
    UPig is at home and wont be the struggle it was last year
    Bama is Bama
    Adding K-State makes it about a wash I think

We played two top 10 teams on the road in 2017- don't see that happening in 2018.

vCash
    We played Bama at home along with the SEC Champ and West Champ on the road. I dont think next year's schedule is necessarily tougher.

Auburn wont be as good.
    Bama is Bama

We played two top 10 teams on the road in 2017- don't see that happening in 2018.
    I think the schedule is significantly easier in 2018 because of the order of the games.

The LSU, Georgia, Auburn gauntlet we faced this year isn't on the schedule next year.

Sure K-State is better than BYU but the combo of Florida & K-State are easily more winnable game than @ UGA was.

I love how the big games are spread on the 2018 schedule. Makes it where we should be able to play with emotion & passion in every losable game.

vCash
    If Sweat returns, where does our D-line rank? 3rd behind Bama and UGA? Maybe 4th if we are behind AU.

Then we have basically all 5 starters returning on the O-line. Games are won on the lines of scrimmage and at QB. I really like our team next year.

vCash
    I think the schedule is significantly easier in 2018 because of the order of the games.

The LSU, Georgia, Auburn gauntlet we faced this year isn't on the schedule next year.

Sure K-State is better than BYU but the combo of Florida & K-State are easily more winnable game than @ UGA was.

I love how the big games are spread on the 2018 schedule. Makes it where we should be able to play with emotion & passion in every losable game.
    The schedule plus this teams' spunk to prove they are more than just Dan Mullen will push them to make a statement in every game. Coach Joe is going to find it's easy to motivate this team next season. And he's known as being a good motivator.

vCash

Auburn wont be as good.
    Bama is Bama

I should have clarified - PERCEIVED as tougher in 2018. Nobody will expect us to beat LSU, even though we did in 2017. Nobody will expect us to beat Florida, even though we should beat them. Nobody will expect us to beat Auburn, even though they are a terrible road team. Ole Miss is a road game. At Alabama. At LSU.

I feel like the schedule will be a little easier, and I feel like we have a shot at a big, big season. I'm only explaining why I think it's entirely possible that the media picks us to do worse than this year. It's what they perceive more than what's really there.