Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ado Haters...

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Normally coach I would agree with you, but the majority of our misses from three tonight we're better than good looks, we just were not making them. Hell Peter's first three went in the basket and still found a way to roll out.

Our defense today gave up about 30 easy points because they were not getting in position quick enough on the high ball screen and in transition.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Ado was a big part of our win tonight. The man made hustle plays and made some critical FT towards the end. Hell the switch on d where he blocked the guy and dove on the loose ball was the game. That was a 4 pt swing that was crucial. Plus he was cleaning the glass on getting some tip ins. Good job Ado.
    Downvotes_Hype

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    I will trade points for what Ado does all day.. which is the way he can defend the high pick and roll. Kid is athletic enough to guard away and help away from the basket.
    His offense will come around , but he is a huge factor on the defensive side of the ball.

There are very few teams that play thru and run their offense thru their big men in today?s game.
    Truth
    Romans 5:8

Banned
    vCash
    Did I hear tonight Ado was a soccer player? Does anybody know this guy's athletic history?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Did I hear tonight Ado was a soccer player? Does anybody know this guy's athletic history?
    Played soccer for most of his life until he picked up a basketball at 14 years old.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    because teams can extend their D due to us having zero post game.
    BS. Most, close to all, of our 3's were OPEN shots. We contested WAY more of their 3's than they did.
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Having no post game is what kept them in it. Gafflord had 17 and 5. Ado did have 8 and 9 but was 2/9 from the FT line. Our lack of a post game is keeping this team from being really good.
    Ahh .. again, WITHOUT Ado we DON'T win. He is a rsFR. Hopefully, he gets better .. especially from the FT line. Was 3 of 3 from the field. Had 4 blocks and 9 boards.
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Loved Richard Williams and this team looks like a typical Richard Williams team. Plays tough D and gets after you. Hopes to get enough O to win. Gotta love it.
    That also sounds like a lot of the stans teams as well...up until the last 2 years

vCash
    In Fayettenam, we would lose by double digits with him.

The Weatherspoon bros are starting to show what they can do together. Nick is still our best player. Lamar is trying hard to get out of his funk, but man he is a head case. Not having a true PF is going to kill us versus teams with a lot of height (ie. UK). We need to recruit a center in addition to our PF/SF/SF trio we have coming in next season.

The Defense won the game. Our team has bought in to a tenacious defense mindset, which is exactly what we need to overcome our horrible shooting.

vCash
    The first thing Ado needs to do to improve his offense is grind out a baby hook. With those long arms, just get it to him in the middle of the lane, put it up quick and it would be practically indefensible.

vCash
    Peters is a problem right now. And I don't know a solution. You have to play him because he is super athletic, quick, fast, and he makes NBA caliber passes. However, he also makes HS level turnovers at critical junctures and can't hit the broad side of the barn with a jump shot right now. He is so hit or miss, and he can lose a game for us real quick. If he resigned himself to playing great defense, having 8-10 assists per game, and driving to the basket instead of pulling up and shooting, we would be a much better team. He did that for a lot of the game last night, but there were a few stretches where he played terrible.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    I hope we get his friend to replace Herard......IF so teams will have a tough time inside against us for a few years.
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    I hope we get his friend to replace Herard......IF so teams will have a tough time inside against us for a few years.
    Who is his friend?

vCash
    Having no post game is what kept them in it. Gafflord had 17 and 5. Ado did have 8 and 9 but was 2/9 from the FT line. Our lack of a post game is keeping this team from being really good.

Ado has to be good defensively because there is no reason to play him if he wasnt
    He is going to be 50% from the stripe. I'll take a line of 10-9-4(blocks) every time from him. He also passed well out of the post. He'll continue to improve.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    I will trade points for what Ado does all day.. which is the way he can defend the high pick and roll. Kid is athletic enough to guard away and help away from the basket.
    His offense will come around , but he is a huge factor on the defensive side of the ball.

There are very few teams that play thru and run their offense thru their big men in today?s game.
    He hedges on the pick and roll a little too much sometimes....that bit him a couple of times last night....but on one of them recovered to get an amazing block.

He is a good defender, no doubt. But he is weak in the post. If he can become just a little bit of a threat on the blocks, it will totally change the dynamic of our offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    Peters is a problem right now. And I don't know a solution. You have to play him because he is super athletic, quick, fast, and he makes NBA caliber passes. However, he also makes HS level turnovers at critical junctures and can't hit the broad side of the barn with a jump shot right now. He is so hit or miss, and he can lose a game for us real quick. If he resigned himself to playing great defense, having 8-10 assists per game, and driving to the basket instead of pulling up and shooting, we would be a much better team. He did that for a lot of the game last night, but there were a few stretches where he played terrible.
    Looks to me like Lamar is coming out of his funk...I don't know what stretches you are referring to, but in my observation, he was key to the win last night.
    It wasn't until he came into the game that we even attempted to penetrate and break down Arky's defense. He made several key assists, played solid defense and committed ONE turnover. We were clearly a better team when he was on the floor. We don't need him to score big when he plays like he did last night, but when his confidence comes back on his shot it will be a big bonus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Herard>>>this guy

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaDawgs View Post
    Herard>>>this guy
    I think you got your arrows mixed up..There is no way you think Herard is better than this guy. He is as good as Ado easily. He is a shot blocking freak.
    No Signature

vCash
    Loved Richard Williams and this team looks like a typical Richard Williams team. Plays tough D and gets after you. Hopes to get enough O to win. Gotta love it.
    Dick had 2 good years. Thanks to Stans and John Brady